The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Boy, this is surprising.............NOT!

Default Boy, this is surprising.............NOT!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6895111.shtml

Note:Quotation marks inserted by me.

Senate Democratic "leaders" have decided to delay a vote on President Barack Obama's call to preserve middle class tax cuts until after congressional elections in November.

A spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Thursday that the Senate will return in November and work to extend the tax cuts for middle-income taxpayers.

Enacted in 2001 and 2003 under President George W. Bush, they were the most sweeping tax cuts in a generation. If Congress takes no action taxpayers at every income level face significant tax increases next year.

Republicans want to extend all the tax cuts. Obama and Democratic leaders in Congress want to extend them for individuals making more than $200,000 and married couples making more than $250,000.
    Last edited by ducknwork; 09-27-2010 at 10:53 AM.

It occurred to me that if……….
    They/them/those there now, let them expire completely at the deadline. And then basically re-did them at the stroke of a pen. They/them would no longer have to call them the Bush tax cuts. Because they expired. I sure none of them want to extend anything with the Bush name attached. That is what I think.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    It occurred to me that if……….
    They/them/those there now, let them expire completely at the deadline. And then basically re-did them at the stroke of a pen. They/them would no longer have to call them the Bush tax cuts. Because they expired. I sure none of them want to extend anything with the Bush name attached. That is what I think.

Ken, their egos are that big but I don't think they're that smart.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Ken, their egos are that big but I don't think they're that smart.
    I heard Pelosi refer to extending the bush tax cuts for the middle class as the "Obama" tax cuts a few days ago.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Actually, I don't think it's as big a deal to extend income tax cuts on those over $250K as it is to keep capital gains taxes from increasing.

Attractive capital gains taxation will incentivize investment.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.