The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For all you healthcare reform folks

Default For all you healthcare reform folks

Well, just wanted to let all you "Obama is the greatest and healthcare reform is a life saver" folks know that your president is a lying somebody. Just got informed at work today that our health insurance premiums are going up from $169 every two weeks to $270 every two weeks. I thought that lying dirtbag said if this bill passes, premiums will start going down. I thought he was gonna save the world. Well, he can lick my dogs kennel floor.

And for those of you that think I am lying, I work at Pitt County Memorial Hospital which is owned by UHS east in Greenville NC. I am sure some of you internet searchers can find something about it.

Has the revolution started yet?
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

What's that whirling sound off in the distance? Could it be the spin machine cranking up, or are the spin masters becoming "exhausted" from defending the current admnistration?

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Banned

just remember - your taxes wont go up!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    just remember - your taxes wont go up!
    Too late. Didn't pay taxes the entire time Bush was in office. The first damn year Obama was in office, guess what, you got it, $2100 extra state and federal.

RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

my net $$$ went down $47 per week last month. My co-pay for my health care went up.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    Too late. Didn't pay taxes the entire time Bush was in office. The first damn year Obama was in office, guess what, you got it, $2100 extra state and federal.

oh but that cant be. dont you remember obama said we wouldnt pay any more taxes? and he couldnt be lying, only bush told lies. and even if he did, obamas lies didnt cost millions and millions of lives, so its perfectly ok for him to lie.

there, roger perry has nothing to say now.....

Nationwide, health insurance premiums are expected to increase about 9%. This is slightly higher than last year, when the increase was about 8%. Both increases are lower than the rates of increase experienced over most of the last decade. However, the employee share of health costs is expected to go up by an average of over 13% as employers shift a higher percentage of cost to employees (Estimates based on Hewitt Associates). The question for Ken is whether his net decreased because of health insurance premiums, state tax withholding, Federal tax withholding, etc. Federal taxes were actually decreased last year as part of the stimulus program. I believe that was a one-time reduction, but i am not sure. I am not aware of any increase in Federal taxes for anyone, although that situation will change in January when the Bush tax increases take effect. Most states have been increasing taxes to close operating deficits.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The question for Ken is whether his net decreased because of health insurance premiums, state tax withholding, Federal tax withholding, etc. Federal taxes were actually decreased last year as part of the stimulus program. .
    My parent health care company increased the rate my boss pays. He and I each pay a portion. He and I actually have the same plan option available to us. Small family business, only ten of us. Sadly I like my plan. I am able to use the same Doc. I have had for years. No matter if I go in for a sniffle (I donít, guy you know) or major back surgery (3 years ago, life changing event, I recommend) I pay a ten dollar co-pay and that is it. They raised it on us with a one month notice with a huge accompanying letter about cost adjustments and stuff that gosh I actually did not understand. I guess they were just being proactive.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    My parent health care company increased the rate my boss pays. He and I each pay a portion. He and I actually have the same plan option available to us. Small family business, only ten of us. Sadly I like my plan. I am able to use the same Doc. I have had for years. No matter if I go in for a sniffle (I donít, guy you know) or major back surgery (3 years ago, life changing event, I recommend) I pay a ten dollar co-pay and that is it. They raised it on us with a one month notice with a huge accompanying letter about cost adjustments and stuff that gosh I actually did not understand. I guess they were just being proactive.

Over a period of five years beginning around 1998, I saw our company premiums increase by over 150% with a 42% increase in one single year and no increases of less than 20%. I guess they were getting ready for Obama's plan even then. The 30 day renewal notice is industry standard.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Over a period of five years beginning around 1998, I saw our company premiums increase by over 150% with a 42% increase in one single year and no increases of less than 20%. I guess they were getting ready for Obama's plan even then. The 30 day renewal notice is industry standard.

Another industry standard - The size of the rate increase is directly to proportional to the length of the renewal letter.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth