The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For all you healthcare reform folks

I am sure my health care cost went up in ’98 as well but as it is also happening to me right now I am able to blame President Obama. Because he said he would reform my health care. Just like I believed President Bush when he told me the war was over. And when President Clinton told me he felt my pain. And when President Bush told me to read his lips. And when President Reagan told me he would trickle on me. If I believed all the previous ones and held them accountable then I must hold this one, as well. Don’t I?

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The 30 day renewal notice is industry standard.
    That is not the way it works for many companies. It is common practice to use a broker who then puts it out to bid to several major carriers. The company then compares the bids and the policies to determine which one to elect for the company.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    That is not the way it works for many companies. It is common practice to use a broker who then puts it out to bid to several major carriers. The company then compares the bids and the policies to determine which one to elect for the company.
    The 30 day notice of rate/benefit change is in the contract. Some companies give 60 days notice even tho they don't have to.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Over a period of five years beginning around 1998, I saw our company premiums increase by over 150% with a 42% increase in one single year and no increases of less than 20%. I guess they were getting ready for Obama's plan even then.
    It's no secret that health care costs & health insurance premiums have done nothing but go up in the past; and it is anticipated that they will/would continue to do so. Sort of like the cost of gas for the car.

The real question is whether Obamacare will keep some kind of control on the increases or make it that much worse. Stay tuned ...
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    The 30 day notice of rate/benefit change is in the contract. Some companies give 60 days notice even tho they don't have to.
    We used to bid out in August for January renewals. Long before a 30 day rate increase notice. This was for a company with 200 employees.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    We used to bid out in August for January renewals. Long before a 30 day rate increase notice. This was for a company with 200 employees.
    Sure. You would put out specs for bid prior to receiving your renewal terms but the quotes you received would be contingent on final experience numbers, renewal rates, etc.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I am hearing 25-35% more than last year. The tax and spend lemmings can't spin this one for Obama. I am lucky my wife just got a job where our insurance is company paid, although mine was still barely reasonable.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Don't worry....when the other side regains control in 2010 and 2012, all will be made right. Costs and taxes will go down and we'll all be saved.

FRA regards, JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Don't worry....when the other side regains control in 2010 and 2012, all will be made right. Costs and taxes will go down and we'll all be saved.

FRA regards, JD
    Maybe they won't go up as much.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Maybe they won't go up as much.
    Cheerful forecast Mike... No matter who wins, we lose. Eh?

Woe begone regards, JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift