The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For all you healthcare reform folks

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Cheerful forecast Mike... No matter who wins, we lose. Eh?

Woe begone regards, JD
    No, but one thing I've learned is neither taxes nor premiums ever go down. Taxes because the camel's nose in under the tent. Premiums because of inflation and regulations. Contrary to Newton's law, what goes up will not come down.

Woe is me regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    No, but one thing I've learned is neither taxes nor premiums ever go down. Taxes because the camel's nose in under the tent. Premiums because of inflation and regulations. Contrary to Newton's law, what goes up will not come down.

Woe is me regards,
    After reading Hawkins latest book "Grand Design", I realize that classical Newtownian laws don't apply to the extremes of the Universe......including gov't spending!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

We received our notice at work last week, I currently pay over $200 every two weeks for a pretty good family plan, the amount deducted from my pay every two weeks is going up $80 per pay period, our out of pocket is increasing, our perscription co-pay is increasing, overall it's hard to say what the net increase will be, but it's the largest I've seen yet, this is a global company with over 80,000 employees. The we're sorry letter/notice directly blamed expected/forecasted changes in the health care industry for the increase.

I guess it's kinda like the dog food market has been, you pay more but there is less in the bag!!!!

I'm not sure this is the beginning of the revolution, I think it's the beginning of the redistrubution.

Brad
    We have not to gain his confidence or his friendship; he is born our friend; while his eyes are still closed, already he believes in us, even before his birth....
    -Maurice Maeterlinck

The coverage is also going from 80/20 to 70/30. Please don't tell me Yardley, that you don't think this is in preparation for this healthcare bill.
    Last edited by Clay Rogers; 09-28-2010 at 07:08 AM.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Man, you guys are getting me all worried with this insurance increase talk! Oh well, I guess there is no reason to worry really...When I can no longer afford to buy insurance through Blue Cross and buy groceries to feed my family, I can always just drop my insurance and sign up for Obamacare. He'll take care of me when I no longer can. I feel so much better now.

Maybe that was the plan all along regards,

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Man, you guys are getting me all worried with this insurance increase talk! Oh well, I guess there is no reason to worry really...When I can no longer afford to buy insurance through Blue Cross and buy groceries to feed my family, I can always just drop my insurance and sign up for Obamacare. He'll take care of me when I no longer can. I feel so much better now.

Maybe that was the plan all along regards,

You know Duck, the increase in my insurance adds up to 2400 dollars a year. The supposed tax(fine) for not having insurance is 2500 dollars a year. Sound suspicious? Me thinks so.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Nationwide, health insurance premiums are expected to increase about 9%. This is slightly higher than last year, when the increase was about 8%. Both increases are lower than the rates of increase experienced over most of the last decade. However, the employee share of health costs is expected to go up by an average of over 13% as employers shift a higher percentage of cost to employees (Estimates based on Hewitt Associates). The question for Ken is whether his net decreased because of health insurance premiums, state tax withholding, Federal tax withholding, etc. Federal taxes were actually decreased last year as part of the stimulus program. I believe that was a one-time reduction, but i am not sure. I am not aware of any increase in Federal taxes for anyone, although that situation will change in January when the Bush tax increases take effect. Most states have been increasing taxes to close operating deficits.
    That was indeed the spin machine hitting high gear! Jeff, you should be on Nancy's payroll.

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu QAA "Bleu"
    Bayou Magic's Dave Robicheaux QAA "Burke"
    Bayou Magic's Cletus Purcell (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post
    That was indeed the spin machine hitting high gear! Jeff, you should be on Nancy's payroll.

fp
    You don't like having them called the bush tax increases? His administration wrote the law to have taxes go up again after he left office so he wouldn't have to "pay" for them with spending cuts while he was in office. Why shouldn't he be "credited" with his own law? He was certainly happy to have them called the Bush tax cuts. My view is that the country was bankrupted by the decision to pass the 2001 ans 2003 tax cuts without implementing spending cuts sufficient to offset the revenue declines. Passing a law now to continue the tax cuts faces the same hurdle. Extend the cots with no other action and guarantee the complete failure of our economy, or pass a mix of tax changes and spending changes that decrease the overall deficit and begin the process of healing. For now, both parties are choosing to act irresponsibly, and the Republicans, once again, are taking the lead in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    You don't like having them called the bush tax increases? His administration wrote the law to have taxes go up again after he left office so he wouldn't have to "pay" for them with spending cuts while he was in office. Why shouldn't he be "credited" with his own law? He was certainly happy to have them called the Bush tax cuts. My view is that the country was bankrupted by the decision to pass the 2001 ans 2003 tax cuts without implementing spending cuts sufficient to offset the revenue declines. Passing a law now to continue the tax cuts faces the same hurdle. Extend the cots with no other action and guarantee the complete failure of our economy, or pass a mix of tax changes and spending changes that decrease the overall deficit and begin the process of healing. For now, both parties are choosing to act irresponsibly, and the Republicans, once again, are taking the lead in that direction.
    If the country goes bankrupt it will be because we spent more than we had.
    Just like any person or business would.
    Pretty simple.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post

fp
    Who's signature is on the bill responsible for the looming tax increase?

Its real simple.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!