The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: For all you healthcare reform folks

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    George Bush tried that. Gave us a Great Recession, in which we are still mired.
    Among other things, but of course, you wouldn't mention any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Among other things, but of course, you wouldn't mention any of them.
    Oh, you must be referring to the two wars we're still mired in. The unjust one, and the justified but ignored war under his watch that we're now having to deal with? You're right!

Won't even mention "no child left behind"....although I admired his goals, the implementation was flawed and has hurt our kids... 'they isn't learn'n'!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Oh, you must be referring to the two wars we're still mired in. The unjust one, and the justified but ignored war under his watch that we're now having to deal with? You're right!

Won't even mention "no child left behind"....although I admired his goals, the implementation was flawed and has hurt our kids... 'they isn't learn'n'!
    Sigh.There is no possible way that Bush was worse than the inept clown we have now. Oh, and Bush wasn't great.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Yes, as we all know, the entire 'recession' is completely Bush's fault. All by himself. Nobody else had any effect on it whatsoever.

I hope you don't really believe that baloney.

Completely unrelated, but this is an interesting factoid...
    DNF and I joined the RTF the same month. As of this post, I have EXACTLY 1/2 as many posts as him. I hope that one day I can have so much knowledge to share with others.
    Last edited by ducknwork; 09-29-2010 at 08:27 AM.

DNF and I joined the RTF the same month. As of this post, I have EXACTLY 1/2 as many posts as him. I hope that one day I can have so much knowledge to share with others.
    Rtf posts are like hunt test blind retrieve handles.
    We donít count the number of whistles,
    just the quality of the cast.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Yes, as we all know, the entire 'recession' is completely Bush's fault. All by himself. Nobody else had any effect on it whatsoever.

I hope you don't really believe that baloney.

Try voicing an opinion or thought contrary to the ruling party here, and see how often you have to defend yourself! Since silence is viewed as acquiesence, I tend to respond to comments like the one above.

And no, I don't believe Bush is solely responsible for the recession. He certainly played a large role, but too much irresponsible purchasing on credit, risky investments, and poor leadership all contributed as well. The wars certainly didn't help the budget, even though many of the supplemental spending bills were not included in the debit column of our national budget, as if that would just make it go away....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Try voicing an opinion or thought contrary to the ruling party here, and see how often you have to defend yourself! Since silence is viewed as acquiesence, I tend to respond to comments like the one above.

In all reality, I think the forum is pretty close to 50/50 lib/conservative, so maybe it's just you...

And no, I don't believe Bush is solely responsible for the recession. He certainly played a large role, but too much irresponsible purchasing on credit, risky investments, and poor leadership all contributed as well. The wars certainly didn't help the budget, even though many of the supplemental spending bills were not included in the debit column of our national budget, as if that would just make it go away....
    Then why make yet another post that seems to blame it all on Bush? I think it is obvious that I wasn't referring to the 'causes' that you mentioned, but you brought them up, just to blame Bush. You could have just as easily mentioned other things not Bush related that causes the financial meltdown, but you chose not to. Why? I guess you don't want to miss any opportunity to bash Bush.

Been hanging out with RP lately?
    Last edited by ducknwork; 09-29-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Then why make yet another post that seems to blame it all on Bush? I think it is obvious that I wasn't referring to the 'causes' that you mentioned, but you brought them up, just to blame Bush. You could have just as easily mentioned other things not Bush related that causes the financial meltdown, but you chose not to. Why? I guess you don't want to miss any opportunity to bash Bush.

Been hanging out with RP lately?
    Read YOUR post. YOU said "among other things". I was just filling in two blanks. YOU brought up sole responsibility for recession....not me. Perhaps it was a Freudian slip, which in this case, I can understand.

In all reality, I think the forum is pretty close to 50/50 lib/conservative, so maybe it's just you...

I am an independent with different stances on different issues, so by your pigeon-holing everyone into only TWO categores, yes, I am alone, and don't fit either. But I am not alone in that regard, by any means.

Read YOUR post. YOU said "among other things". I was just filling in two blanks. YOU brought up sole responsibility for recession....not me. Perhaps it was a Freudian slip, which in this case, I can understand.

I am an independent with different stances on different issues, so by your pigeon-holing everyone into only TWO categores, yes, I am alone, and don't fit either. But I am not alone in that regard, by any means.
    Re: your first paragraph, I'm not stupid. I think you know full well what you were implying.

Re: your second paragraph, if I had said Rep/Dem, then Ind would be a third choice that makes sense. However, I said lib/con, so independent makes no sense in comparison with those two. YOU are the one who said 'ruling party', and placed yourself at odds with 'them'. If there really was a 'ruling party' on POTUS, then the inverse would be a 'non ruling party' which would encompass everyone else not included in the former. And no, you are not alone. By everything you have ever shown on here, you would fit nicely in the 'liberal' category.

By everything you have ever shown on here, you would fit nicely in the 'liberal' category.
    You would think that. But you're certainly entitled to your opinion.