The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: For all you healthcare reform folks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    You would think that. But you're certainly entitled to your opinion.
    yeah ducknwork, havent you figured out yet that dave is the perfect middle of the road independent? he resides in the perfect center, and he and only he knows all and what is best for us.

funny...liberals think the same thing......

You can argue all you want, but after the tax cuts under Reagan and Bush 2, the treasury brought in a record amount of revenues for that time period. Again, we do not have a revenue problem we have a spending problem, and the last time I checked for the "it is all GW's fault" people Congress controls the purse strings. I am also amazed that you want to throw the cost of the two wars into this mess since the cost of at least one of those wars was touted as a necessary war by the current resident of the White House, and the cost of the wars is in comparison to the overall budget we have amazingly small. I am sure the opposition party made it their official position in 1943 to stop WW II until FDR could prove he could pay for it. John Wayne had a great view of this, while he was personally opposed to the Vietnam War, once the decision was made to go in, he felt we should stop fighting over it and just win. Same way I feel about President O - even if you disagree with his position on the "necessary" part of the Afghan war, now is the time to help him win the dang thing. Get over the necessary and cost argument and just WIN.

Again the bottom line is we have rapidly increased spending over the last 10 years. WE DO NOT HAVE A REVENUE PROBLEM!!!! We have a spending problem.

For Buzz and some of the other people who had such pleasant responses to me, I am not letting GW, the Republican party, Obama, or the Democrats off of the hook. The party of fiscal responsibility spent like drunken sailors when they had all three branches under their control, and for the last two years the dems have spent like an entire drunken fleet of sailors. I think both sides have screwed the pooch on our budget over the last decade. Look around the country and you will see state after state where the same thing is happening. At the same time you see states that have had a much easier time of it during the current recession because their elected officials were more responsible with spending before the crash. As a result they have been able to ride out this bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Horstman View Post
    You can argue all you want, but after the tax cuts under Reagan and Bush 2, the treasury brought in a record amount of revenues for that time period. Again, we do not have a revenue problem we have a spending problem, and the last time I checked for the "it is all GW's fault" people Congress controls the purse strings. I am also amazed that you want to throw the cost of the two wars into this mess since the cost of at least one of those wars was touted as a necessary war by the current resident of the White House, and the cost of the wars is in comparison to the overall budget we have amazingly small. I am sure the opposition party made it their official position in 1943 to stop WW II until FDR could prove he could pay for it. John Wayne had a great view of this, while he was personally opposed to the Vietnam War, once the decision was made to go in, he felt we should stop fighting over it and just win. Same way I feel about President O - even if you disagree with his position on the "necessary" part of the Afghan war, now is the time to help him win the dang thing. Get over the necessary and cost argument and just WIN.

Again the bottom line is we have rapidly increased spending over the last 10 years. WE DO NOT HAVE A REVENUE PROBLEM!!!! We have a spending problem.

For Buzz and some of the other people who had such pleasant responses to me, I am not letting GW, the Republican party, Obama, or the Democrats off of the hook. The party of fiscal responsibility spent like drunken sailors when they had all three branches under their control, and for the last two years the dems have spent like an entire drunken fleet of sailors. I think both sides have screwed the pooch on our budget over the last decade. Look around the country and you will see state after state where the same thing is happening. At the same time you see states that have had a much easier time of it during the current recession because their elected officials were more responsible with spending before the crash. As a result they have been able to ride out this bad time.
    Very well stated..... I agree completely!