The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RATZ Leaving a Sinking Ship!

Default RATZ Leaving a Sinking Ship!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rahm-...ry?id=11740794

Who will run the country and tell Obama what to say???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

ABC had an interview with Bob Woodward on this AM ... centered on his new book "Obama's Wars".

From the interview, I got the impression that Obama's campaign statements on pursuing a war in A'stan were pretty devoid of knowing the facts ... or ignoring the facts.

Not only will Rahm be leaving; so will Gates. It seems as if the last 2 years of this term will begin with re-building his White House staff. With the multiple complex situations to be dealt with, this cannot be conducive to accomplishing a whole lot ... and within a year, he will undoubtedly begin campaigning again for his 2nd term, taking more time & attention away from the job of being POTUS. If he has to fight off Hillary in a bid for candidacy, that will be even more of a mess.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    ABC had an interview with Bob Woodward on this AM ... centered on his new book "Obama's Wars".

From the interview, I got the impression that Obama's campaign statements on pursuing a war in A'stan were pretty devoid of knowing the facts ... or ignoring the facts.

Not only will Rahm be leaving; so will Gates. It seems as if the last 2 years of this term will begin with re-building his White House staff. With the multiple complex situations to be dealt with, this cannot be conducive to accomplishing a whole lot ... and within a year, he will undoubtedly begin campaigning again for his 2nd term, taking more time & attention away from the job of being POTUS. If he has to fight off Hillary in a bid for candidacy, that will be even more of a mess.
    Has he given any?
    Seems golf & vacations have been the main focus, of course I know that's not true, but the perception is over indulgence.
    And perception is reality........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

When has he been OUT of the campaign mode?

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Who will run the country and tell Obama what to say???
    Michelle.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

There's a piece that moved yesterday or today that says that Rahm Emmanuel doesn't have a residence in Chicago! He owns a house but it's leased out and the leasee has said that while he's been offered a lease buy-out, he's staying put. What he has is a one year extension on a lease that expired about 2 weeks ago...6 days before Daley made the announcement. The lease was extended per the terms of the lease and then Daley surprised everyone.

While Emmanuel can probably break the lease, can he get through the legal issues in time to declare it a residence for the past year as required by law? <s> Chicago election officials say this is just like a member of the military serving overseas. However, I know for a fact that the military are afforded special exemptions like this in Illinois by statute...not convention or for the convenience of the person affected. The opposition parties say they'll look closely at the issue.

Looks like this may be a case of "all dressed up and nowhere to go..."

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    There's a piece that moved yesterday or today that says that Rahm Emmanuel doesn't have a residence in Chicago! He owns a house but it's leased out and the leasee has said that while he's been offered a lease buy-out, he's staying put. What he has is a one year extension on a lease that expired about 2 weeks ago...6 days before Daley made the announcement. The lease was extended per the terms of the lease and then Daley surprised everyone.

While Emmanuel can probably break the lease, can he get through the legal issues in time to declare it a residence for the past year as required by law? <s> Chicago election officials say this is just like a member of the military serving overseas. However, I know for a fact that the military are afforded special exemptions like this in Illinois by statute...not convention or for the convenience of the person affected. The opposition parties say they'll look closely at the issue.

Eric
    there is no way Rahm (a democrat) will not be allowed to run in Chicago.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Eric
    UHHHHH...It is Chicago!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Eric
    LOL! It might be safe to say that the tenant is not going to vote for Rahm, whether he is "compelled" to move or not. If the tenant were a Rahm supporter, he would accept a deal of some sort from Rahm. Rahm undoubtedly has enough $ to make the tenant a good deal.

At worst, couldn't Rahm find a place to rent? Should certainly have enough friends in Chicago to find a place.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

While I concur that most likely Emmanuel will eventually be allowed to run, this presents a sticky problem that must be dealt with and in such a way that it doesn't give ammunition to the opponents is a primary.

I believe that the law says that he must have maintained a residence for one year. Only by a real stretch of the truth will that be true. His only real estate holding is leased to another.

Eric