The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Afraid to Vote??

Default Afraid to Vote??

Why are the leftys so afraid to vote on extendinmg the Bush tax cuts???

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/09/2...unt-spend.html

We need that extra cash to pay for our free health care!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/09/2...unt-spend.html

We need that extra cash to pay for our free health care!!!

RK
    This independent hopes they're extended for all. And if we would close corporate tax loopholes, so EVERYONE paid their fair share, we would not need to revert back to the pre-cut levels. Offshore companies DO NOT provide Americans with jobs, and should NOT be given breaks.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

RK
    They afraid that they might not get elected. Imagine that, more worried about themselves than the good of the country.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

I find it interesting that this is the second thread on this topic and there isn't one 'lefty' who has defended their actions, much less posted on either thread.

My preference would be to have them extended only if cuts in spending are adopted at the same time to offset the loss of revenues in full. I do not believe there is any way to do that without abandoning the idea of having a standing army. As a consequence I think that only some of the cuts should be considered and that they should still be linked directly to spending cuts so everyone understands that tax cuts must be "paid for" with reductions in public services. BTW, the health insurance changes are already financed with other tax increases and spending cuts so repealing that law would not help close the deficit associated with tax cuts.

BTW, the health insurance changes are already financed with other tax increases and spending cuts so repealing that law would not help close the deficit associated with tax cuts.
    I'll believe that when it really happens.

$500 billion moved out of Medicare to Obamacare ... either somebody is admitting that Medicare is very poorly run or there are going to be a bunch of seniors who are going to come up with the fuzzy end of this lollipop.

$500 billion is half of what they tell us would be the total cost of Obamacare (under $1 trillion). That, alone, makes me suspicious that there is some sleight of hand in there.

The recession & high unemployment should, logically, increase the numbers of those with low enough incomes to qualify for subsidies. That could be enough to sink the ship before it leaves the dock.

Strangely, the critical thing is again about jobs ... without the jobs this boat ain't gonna float.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    This independent hopes they're extended for all. And if we would close corporate tax loopholes, so EVERYONE paid their fair share, we would not need to revert back to the pre-cut levels. Offshore companies DO NOT provide Americans with jobs, and should NOT be given breaks.

HMMMMMMM......interesting that you would be the first to respond to a thread you can't see!!??!!??

I mean, me being on Double Secret Probation and all!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

HMMMMMMM......interesting that you would be the first to respond to a thread you can't see!!??!!??

I mean, me being on Double Secret Probation and all!!

RK
    Any time you want to have a civil discussion, I'm more that willing to listen.

Besides, I wasn't logged in, so your post popped up unblocked.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    My preference would be to have them extended only if cuts in spending are adopted at the same time to offset the loss of revenues in full. I do not believe there is any way to do that without abandoning the idea of having a standing army. As a consequence I think that only some of the cuts should be considered and that they should still be linked directly to spending cuts so everyone understands that tax cuts must be "paid for" with reductions in public services. BTW, the health insurance changes are already financed with other tax increases and spending cuts so repealing that law would not help close the deficit associated with tax cuts.
    But how do you feel about them putting it off until after the election? That is the issue that has been brought up twice. I think they are chickening out and, once again, afraid to stand for the right thing to do now that they may be facing unemployment like 10% of the rest of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    But how do you feel about them putting it off until after the election? That is the issue that has been brought up twice. I think they are chickening out and, once again, afraid to stand for the right thing to do now that they may be facing unemployment like 10% of the rest of the country.
    They can't cut any of those UNION jobs!

Those are votes!!

Military.........they are not a Democrats voting block.
    Teachers, labor, social workers, all of those are VOTES!!!!

See what I'm sayin'??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

And Jeff, why abandon the idea of a standing Army? Why not instead abandon the welfare system? We as a country get something from the Army, protection. What do we as a country get from welfare?
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown