The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Senate Republicans Block Tax Incentives

Default Senate Republicans Block Tax Incentives

Senate Republicans Block Tax Incentives to Move Foreign-Based Jobs to U.S.

Senate Republicans blocked legislation that would create tax breaks for companies that move foreign-based jobs to the U.S. and penalize those that send jobs offshore.

There may be more to this, but...

Unbelievable!
    Greg W.

Brooks Black Gold At Briarwood JH (Louie)
    Brandywine's Belle on Wheels JH (Belle)
    Serengetti Sadie O'Brandywine SH -MH passes (Sadie)
    CH Brandywine's Westdale Duggan MH (Duggan)
    CH Alpenglo's Jasmine O'Brooks JH CD (Jasmine)
    Brandywine's Flagship SH (Brandy)

A 53-45 vote sounds like more than the 40 Republicans.

Actually, its highly believable. The republican party has always stood for the wealthy CEOs over the workers they employ, and their legislative actions follow suit. Actions like this are why under republican influence, the middle class shrinks, the rich get filthy rich, and more Americans lose sight of the American Dream. I have no problem with getting rich, I wish it would happen to me, but not due to legislation that encourages anti-American business practices.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Actually, its highly believable. The republican party has always stood for the wealthy CEOs over the workers they employ, and their legislative actions follow suit. Actions like this are why under republican influence, the middle class shrinks, the rich get filthy rich, and more Americans lose sight of the American Dream. I have no problem with getting rich, I wish it would happen to me, but not due to legislation that encourages anti-American business practices.

You call yourself an independant yet you spew the same liberal BS day after day. I guess if you keep telling yourself the same lie over and over you begin to believe it.

How many wealthy CEO's have made out like bandits under your supreme leader?

You wish you were rich. Awwwwwwwwwwwwe poor Jeff! You seem to be buying into the class warfare this administaton is pushing. Being a MD you are probably on the top end of the income scale on POTUS and good for you, but give me a break on the poor me, poor me.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by brandywinelabs View Post
    Senate Republicans Block Tax Incentives to Move Foreign-Based Jobs to U.S.

Senate Republicans blocked legislation that would create tax breaks for companies that move foreign-based jobs to the U.S. and penalize those that send jobs offshore.

There may be more to this, but...

Unbelievable!
    senate republicans block another governemnt handout
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    You call yourself an independant yet you spew the same liberal BS day after day. I guess if you keep telling yourself the same lie over and over you begin to believe it.

How many wealthy CEO's have made out like bandits under your supreme leader?

You wish you were rich. Awwwwwwwwwwwwe poor Jeff! You seem to be buying into the class warfare this administaton is pushing. Being a MD you are probably on the top end of the income scale on POTUS and good for you, but give me a break on the poor me, poor me.
    Jeff hasn't even posted on this thread yet.
    I'm not into class warfare, but I haven't forgotten where I came from, and want to make sure that other kids have the same opportunities that I had, should they choose to work hard and strive to better themselves.

This thread has nothing to do with Obama. It was about the republicans blocking legislation. Good effort to divert, but I'm calling you on it.

As for rich, it depends on your definition. Rich, to me, means you only work because you find it amusing, not because you have to earn a paycheck and pay bills. I'm not talking >250k rich, I'm talking having-to-ask-your-people-how-many-houses-you-own rich.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    .... Awwwwwwwwwwwwe poor Jeff! You seem to be buying into the class warfare this administaton is pushing.....
    DNF is Dave. I'm Jeff and haven't contributed to this thread.

I have spent almost my entire life in the groups benefiting most from Republican tax cuts (following my graduation from Swiss boarding school and Ivy League University). I am hardly interested in attacking the wealthy. However, the numbers make it clear that, over time, the only class warfare in the US has been against the middle and lower income groups and they have lost consistently. The US has the greatest gap between rich and poor of any developed nation in the world and the gap has grown consistently over the last 50 years. The destruction of middle and lower class jobs and income earning power is a major factor in our current economic crisis. If we do not find solutions, we will become a backwater economy. I am not at all sure that the proposed bill voted on today would help. I can guarantee, however, that trickle down economics has not left many drops behind for the lower 80% of our families.

In view of the way Congress operates, I wonder what other crap they threw into that legislation to make it unpalatable?

If there wasn't anything else involved, then the Rs are really cutting their noses off to spite their faces. Maybe the Tea Party is right ... throw 'em all out & start over. What we get can't be any worse than what we've already got.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Were on track to bring those jobs back home...

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...come-drop.html

Nationally, median household income fell 3 percent in 2009 to $50,221, the second straight annual drop, the Census Bureau said in its 2009 American Community Survey. Income in Michigan fell 6.2 percent to $45,255, while Florida followed with a drop of 5.7 percent, to $44,736, the bureau said in a report on its website.

North Dakota was the only state whose income rose in 2009. The state’s median climbed 5.1 percent to $47,827, for the eighth straight annual gain. Fifteen states and the District of Columbia showed changes that were statistically insignificant, the bureau said.

--Editors: Mark Schoifet, Mark Tannenbaum

To contact the reporter on this story: Alexandra Harris in New York at Aharris48@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Mark Tannenbaum mtannen@bloomberg.net
    Last edited by Buzz; 09-28-2010 at 11:24 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)