The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Senate Republicans Block Tax Incentives

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brandywinelabs View Post
    Senate Republicans Block Tax Incentives to Move Foreign-Based Jobs to U.S.

Senate Republicans blocked legislation that would create tax breaks for companies that move foreign-based jobs to the U.S. and penalize those that send jobs offshore.

There may be more to this, but...

Unbelievable!
    Republican Leadership has certainly become emboldened this year. It used to be they would lie about their true agenda because they understood well that a large majority of US citizens wanted no part of it. Now they just come write out and say it. You've got to give them credit. We are, first and foremost, for the Rich. We want the rich to pay less. We want your jobs to move out of the country We are against education. We are against Social Security... It's quite amazing. They must think Americans are pretty stupid. The scary thing is..... It's looking like they might be right!

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Republican Leadership has certainly become emboldened this year. It used to be they would lie about their true agenda because they understood well that a large majority of US citizens wanted no part of it. Now they just come write out and say it. You've got to give them credit. We are, first and foremost, for the Rich. We want the rich to pay less. We want your jobs to move out of the country We are against education. We are against Social Security... It's quite amazing. They must think Americans are pretty stupid. The scary thing is..... It's looking like they might be right!
    The dems are still busy lying. It's just that they aren't good enough to hide it.

it sure is a good thing the Republicans always are truthful. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    DNF is Dave. I'm Jeff and haven't contributed to this thread.

I have spent almost my entire life in the groups benefiting most from Republican tax cuts (following my graduation from Swiss boarding school and Ivy League University). I am hardly interested in attacking the wealthy. However, the numbers make it clear that, over time, the only class warfare in the US has been against the middle and lower income groups and they have lost consistently. The US has the greatest gap between rich and poor of any developed nation in the world and the gap has grown consistently over the last 50 years. The destruction of middle and lower class jobs and income earning power is a major factor in our current economic crisis. If we do not find solutions, we will become a backwater economy. I am not at all sure that the proposed bill voted on today would help. I can guarantee, however, that trickle down economics has not left many drops behind for the lower 80% of our families.

So if the gap between the rich and poor continues to grow, wouldn't that mean the middle class is growing? That's a bad thing? Also per the U.S. Census poverty rates are below rates of the early 60's. 80's and 90's and it would appear your 80% is a little off.
    http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/pover...pov09fig04.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    So if the gap between the rich and poor continues to grow, wouldn't that mean the middle class is growing?

Can you show me the math on that statement?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Can you show me the math on that statement?
    Wasn't a statement but a Question, hence the ?

OK, I just want to know how a growing gap between rich and poor implies a growing middle class.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

OK, I just want to know how a growing gap between rich and poor implies a growing middle class.
    I believe its called "fuzzy math".

If a huge gap between the richest and the poorest indicates a growing middle class, then all those cubans ought to be doing really well with their house and two cars in the garage. Yeah, that makes sense.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

A=Poor
    B=middle
    C=rich
    A+B+C=100%

To have an increased difference ("gap") between A & C, B must increase.

I didn't state the middle class is increasing, but just asking Yardly to explain his comment about the gap increasing between the poor and rich.
    If you believe the middle class is shrinking, then what's happening to the rich since the poverty rate has remained around the mean rate?
    Last edited by WaterDogRem; 09-29-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Originally Posted by Buzz - Can you show me the math on that statement?
    I believe its called "fuzzy math".

Too Fuzzy?