The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Edition To The Family

Default New Edition To The Family

I know this is potus and all, but I am posting this here because I know you guys will be honest with me.

I have a new puppy(out of FC Grady and SRS GRHHRC Abby). His call name is Ranger. His registered name will be Fishing Creeks Blackhawk Down.

You guys from the military, is this OK? I give all my dogs that start in my kennel a military themed name.

I think its fine and so do my buddies I served with, but I wanted a broad based opinion. Thanks ahead of time.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

I don't count my 6 tears in the Army Reserves as service but as an American I think it's great.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Not a military guy, but why not Blackhawk Flier. It's a great helicopter. Not sure I would want to name my dog after one going down.

Nothing at all wrong with that name.
    My dog is named after Gen. Abner Doubleday, of the Union Army.
    I think its great to have a military theme in your line.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Not a military guy, but why not Blackhawk Flier. It's a great helicopter. Not sure I would want to name my dog after one going down.

Its to honor the men that died in Somalia. Blackhawk Down is the name of the book that tells of the mission and the men.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I don't count my 6 tears in the Army Reserves as service but as an American I think it's great.
    And why not? If you wore the uniform, you served, period and end of story.

The man in my signature line was National Guard, pulled two tours in Iraq, well one and a half, and I would dare someone to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    Its to honor the men that died in Somalia. Blackhawk Down is the name of the book that tells of the mission and the men.
    Ii did understand that and have no negative reaction to the name and do not believe i is disrespectful at all. I simply tend to focus on the victories. However, I will admit that I named my most recent pup Yardley Labs Luna Sees the Blue and call her Luna or Lunacy or Loony Tunes depending on my mood and her behavior.

Banned

of course you wouldnt.

dont you get it?? he is not naming a dog after a downed chopper, rather naming a dog in honor of the men who served so valiantly in that downed chopper. why should it all about victories? the men who perished in defeat deserve even more recognition - gioving their lives at a time that for them seemed impossible - those are true heroes... .. but of course liberals like you just dont get it, do you?

i am beside myself.

stumpholehumper - i think you have a great theme for a dog name there. go with it. i as well as most understand its a name in honor of those who served.

only yardley-types would feel otherwise. and therein lies the MAJOR difference between his side and ours...........SIGH

god bless you and do it - i know what that name will mean to you forever, so just do it.
    Last edited by david gibson; 09-28-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    i am sure you meant "years", and i understand you like the name, but being in reserve is not exactly a bad thing - far from it. you should be proud of yourself as we all are.

Banned

you really, really dont get it, do you?????

this post of yours tops all, i am literally in awe of your total and complete insensitivity here. flabbergasted, befuddled, the works.

my lord man, where is the humanity? where is your patriotism??? you just showed the true leftist viewpoint - you truly make me sick with this post.

i have to stop here. my lord i cant believe you.

i am serious when i say that this reply from you sickens me more that anything i have ever seen here. you are one piece of sad work.