The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions?

Banned

Default Opinions?

Just curious on how different folks interpret this story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/30/ny...e.html?_r=1&hp

I'm thinking the Practical Joker needs to go to prison for a long time to think about what he did.

Well, one thing to keep in mind, is that people don't kill themselves because of one occurrence. An event may be the last in a series of events or conditions that result in the actual suicide, but most victims aren't well-adjusted, happy people who just got aired out for being gay, and jump off a bridge.

Do they deserve to pay the punishment for his death? (as in a murder or manslaughter wrap) Probably not. But whatever privacy laws they did break, should be served to the fullest extent, with no parole or good behavior. MO
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

It was a very sad story and I feel for this young man's family. I spend a lot of time with college kids, since I still have two living in my house. Most of their friends are also always at my house hanging out. The stories I hear sometimes make my head spin. I think these two young people made a poor choice and took teasing way too far. Hopefully they have remorse for their actions. The punishment will be a plea bargain because they are young and it is their first offense. God will be the final judge, hopefully that will give some comfort to the victim's family.
    Terri

I think suicide sucks!
    What a terrible selfish thing to do!
    The pain to the loved ones….

I just hate it!

Now, did the other kids do the right thing?
    Absolutely not. But did the dead kid have an
    expatiation of privacy in a shared dorm room
    with known electronic devices laying about?
    O.J.’s legal team could get them off with ease.

What ever happened to the good old days when
    the dead kid would have just balled up a fist and
    put some knuckle marks on a head?

I hate suicide, just hate it hate it hate it!!!!!!!

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora;683699[FONT=Georgia
    What ever happened to the good old days when [/FONT]
    the dead kid would have just balled up a fist and
    put some knuckle marks on a head?

I hate suicide, just hate it hate it hate it!!!!!!!

Well, his time would have been evenly split between community service for hate crimes (since the one perp was a foreigner) and jail time for battering a woman (and maybe more hate crimes violations, since she appeared Asian)

I couldn't agree more with your last statement. I had a cousin hang himself where he knew his little sister would find him. We all felt sorry for him up until that point. Then I basically hated him, and wasn't too sad he was gone. At least he wouldn't hurt anyone like that again. Its a very selfish, thoughtless act. In my worst nightmares, I can't begin to imagine what his family went through that morning, and many times since in their minds.

I hope God forgave him, and let him into his Kingdom, but not until after a long time with the strop.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Well, his time would have been evenly split between community service for hate crimes (since the one perp was a foreigner) and jail time for battering a woman (and maybe more hate crimes violations, since she appeared Asian)

I couldn't agree more with your last statement. I had a cousin hang himself where he knew his little sister would find him. We all felt sorry for him up until that point. Then I basically hated him, and wasn't too sad he was gone. At least he wouldn't hurt anyone like that again. Its a very selfish, thoughtless act. In my worst nightmares, I can't begin to imagine what his family went through that morning, and many times since in their minds.

I hope God forgave him, and let him into his Kingdom, but not until after a long time with the strop.
    interesting. yeah, it sucks that he hung himself where he knew his sister would find him. i cannot imagine such a horror on my family. my best wishes are with them, truly. and you all felt sorry for him up to that point.

so it never crossed your mind that his pain was so severe that it drove him to that extreme point? he obviously had a plan to be found - did it ever occur to you that his pain was so deep that he felt he had to go to this level to make you all understand??? and if so, its all still his fault?

so why would you give up on him at that moment he decided it was all so severe he had to commit suicide? from what you just said, if you meet him in the afterlife you dont forgive him until he has been beaten severely. did he not need love and understanding at that time where he was still with us? who ignored him?

i could go on and on but yeah, go ahead and blame it all on him, the dead kid. afterall, what right did he have to kill himself and hurt you? (forget the pain that drove him to that point) yeah, its all about you....

sickening

This post is very sad.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    interesting. yeah, it sucks that he hung himself where he knew his sister would find him. i cannot imagine such a horror on my family. my best wishes are with them, truly. and you all felt sorry for him up to that point.

so it never crossed your mind that his pain was so severe that it drove him to that extreme point? he obviously had a plan to be found - did it ever occur to you that his pain was so deep that he felt he had to go to this level to make you all understand??? and if so, its all still his fault?

so why would you give up on him at that moment he decided it was all so severe he had to commit suicide? from what you just said, if you meet him in the afterlife you dont forgive him until he has been beaten severely. did he not need love and understanding at that time where he was still with us? who ignored him?

i could go on and on but yeah, go ahead and blame it all on him, the dead kid. afterall, what right did he have to kill himself and hurt you? (forget the pain that drove him to that point) yeah, its all about you....

sickening
    You have NO IDEA the pain involved. You have NO IDEA how much everyone reached out to him. You have NO IDEA how much he pushed away the help, and lied and decieved those who loved and reached out to him the most. You have NO IDEA how much this devastated a 12 year old girl.

You have NO IDEA how rude you are.

Say what you want, trash me, your words mean less to me than the gum on my shoe. In all honesty, I was replying to others to commented on the sorrow that suicide causes. Leave it to you to spew venom on a subject. You are really a mean-hearted person, who is best ignored. I'm sure you have been ignored most of your life, and that is why you act more and more bizarre and mean....it get you the attention you so crave.

And no, it wasn't about me. It was about the pain and devastation his action wrought upon his mother, who is still not right. She lives in her bedroom for the past 14 years. It was about his father, who somehow managed to hold himself together to help the other kids recover the best they could. Its about his siblings, especially his sister who was forced to see something that most of us only see in movie threatres and horror flicks. No Dave, it wasn't about me at all. Not in the least. But you sure made it about you, and your opinion of what happened. Enjoy the attention. you got what you wanted.
    Last edited by dnf777; 09-30-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Banned

You have NO IDEA the pain involved. You have NO IDEA how much everyone reached out to him. You have NO IDEA how much he pushed away the help, and lied and decieved those who loved and reached out to him the most. You have NO IDEA how much this devastated a 12 year old girl.

You have NO IDEA how rude you are.

Say what you want, trash me, your words mean less to me than the gum on my shoe. In all honesty, I was replying to others to commented on the sorrow that suicide causes. Leave it to you to spew venom on a subject. You are really a mean-hearted person, who is best ignored. I'm sure you have been ignored most of your life, and that is why you act more and more bizarre and mean....it get you the attention you so crave.
    I am rude????? then perhaps you should have been more descriptive in your original post? i think you were rude dissing your deceased nephew. BIG TIME. if you have an issue with that, then why bring it up? WHY BRING IT UP if you cant take the heat? of course we dont know EVERYTHING, so its unfair for you to bring it up UNLESS YOU TELL US EVERYTHING!

me - mean hearted??? to YOU maybe, but not to the kid in your family that felt abandoned.....DAVE: HINT: dont bring personal issues into a public group if you cant handle the heat. dont get all mental and have a melt down when people talk about your family when YOU start the conversation with them.

how hard is that for you to grasp????

just sayin'

and you who has an issue with family issues here? PLEASE - you bring it ALL upon yourself.

you are the most pathetic person i have ever met online. "everyone feel sorry for me because i have family that has pain, but i will go meltdown if you use that against me"

i'll add this:

you said:

"You have NO IDEA the pain involved. You have NO IDEA how much everyone reached out to him. You have NO IDEA how much he pushed away the help, and lied and decieved those who loved and reached out to him the most. You have NO IDEA how much this devastated a 12 year old girl. "

right dave, i DONT. but you didnt care to tell that in the beginning, did you? even so, if the kid was hurting that bad, someone messed up in not helping him sooner.

to hate a misunderstood kid forever in the afterlife is messed up. have a heart dude, thats all.
    Last edited by david gibson; 09-30-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    I am rude????? then perhaps you should have been more descriptive in your original post? i think you were rude dissing your deceased nephew. BIG TIME. if you have an issue with that, then why bring it up? WHY BRING IT UP if you cant take the heat? of course we dont know EVERYTHING, so its unfair for you to bring it up!

me - mean hearted??? to YOU maybe, but not to the kid in your family that felt abandoned.....DAVE: HINT: dont bring personal issues into a public group if you cant handle the heat. dont get all mental and have a melt down when people talk about your family when YOU start the conversation with them.

how hard is that for you to grasp????

just sayin'

and you who has an issue with family issues here? PLEASE - you bring it ALL upon yourself.

you are the most pathetic person i have ever met online. "everyone feel sorry for me because i have family that has pain, but i will go meltdown if you use that against me"

Quit telling me what to do, first of all. Second, nobody had a melt down. I actually enjoy seeing you make an A$$ of yourself, and you've been doing it so often lately. I don't care WHAT you said, and I made that clear. Say what you want. Your words are shoe gum to me. I think in the context of this thread, I said all I needed to. Sorry if I don't fit YOUR agenda, and you made an a$$ of yourself, by jumping to conclusions, when you really should have kept your big mouth shut. YOU made the assumptions. YOU made an A$$ of yourself. I don't care. Get it? I don't care.

I'll share what I want about my family. You are the only one to take issue, and open you big mouth. You're all alone. Attention-whoring as usual.

Have a nice day, sorry if the truth hurts....