The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    nice try coming to your little brothers defense, , but its Dave thats having the meltdown - all brought upon himself!

as usual

however, i am very flattered that you take the time to research all my posts. can you provide the specific math computations and post quotes to support your conclusion?

so nice to know you care so much!
    Well you have outdone yourself -- 53 posts in three days, more than 30 today, and still counting. Virtually every one contains a snide personal comment about a member of the forum. No one else comes even close. You are the hands down winner and here's your ribbon!

Those involved in personal attacks in this thread....issue more and your account will be read only.

No PM's are to be sent to me. Be accountable for your actions please.

I predict some banned accounts within the next few days.

Please prove me wrong.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Banned

and of course, as usual, i am the only offender....

i wholly apologize for any personal attacks on dnf777. he certainly doesnt deserve it and has never said anything personal to me. whatever got in to me to be such a bully to him?

and i dont recall many comments to yardley, but he sure attacks me at every chance in defense of dave. obviously my fault as well.

i apologize guys. i am clearly out of line.

DG, nobody singled you out. You, Chris, and everyone here knows that you aren't the only one out of line on this thread.

You aren't going to play the victim card are you? How lefty of you!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Well you have outdone yourself -- 53 posts in three days, more than 30 today, and still counting. Virtually every one contains a snide personal comment about a member of the forum. No one else comes even close. You are the hands down winner and here's your ribbon!
    Do you really find fault here with no one but Gibson?
    Really?
    Maybe you should go back and reread all the posts.

No bias in your eyes........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    .....I couldn't agree more with your last statement. I had a cousin hang himself where he knew his little sister would find him. We all felt sorry for him up until that point. Then I basically hated him, and wasn't too sad he was gone. At least he wouldn't hurt anyone like that again. Its a very selfish, thoughtless act. In my worst nightmares, I can't begin to imagine what his family went through that morning, and many times since in their minds.

I hope God forgave him, and let him into his Kingdom, but not until after a long time with the strop.
    I know exactly how you mean dnf777. I had a very good friend named David Premo. He was a wonderful feller who took the tying of fishing flies to an art form. We hunted and trout fished all over the state of Vermont. We were co-workers. One February evening, he did his Wife’s taxes, paid all the bills and put stamps on the envelopes. And shot himself in the head with the 10-22 that I had given him for his birthday. After when all was said and done, as the gun was purchased by me. The police asked me if I wanted it back. Only time I’ve ever cursed at a law enforcement officer! Even years later, thinking about him typing this I hate him. It destroyed his Father and Mother. His wife is still just never the same. The hurt…… It just well sucks. And to David G. Yes I do blame it all on him. Absolutely all every bit on him.

One time David G., Just after July 4th 1985 I slipped and fell mowing the lawn at dusk on a steep hill. Chopped up both feet pretty good. Still have all my toes thank you Dr. Blackman and team. Few weeks after when I was out of the hospital and could drive I went to work to get my pay and while I was gone my house burned down killing my Grandfather and my dog and leaving me homeless and with only the clothes on my back and unemployed because of my chopped up feet. I had my truck and 1 weeks pay. Oh of course there was a shotgun in the truck.
    I came so close………………………..
    But I thought I would wait a day.
    Twenty-five years later, when I lay down to sleep I think about that. Every night, and smile to myself thinking, “”Made it through another day!” And am so happy I let myself live!!!
    So yes David, both the Kid in the news, and my very good friend David Premo.
    I do directly blame them. It is a choice.
    If a week ass punk like me can make it through one more day to another to another to another. Then anyone can.

And p.s. David,
    I also feel you have been a wee bit rude, of late.
    Is everything all right?

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I once asked a friend why she had tried to kill herself many years ago. She said her pain was so great that she was not thinking of anyone but herself.
    I have never had that kind of mental/emotional pain so I can't judge her. I understand her pain but have not had it just had physical pain ( ruptured disk in my back was the worst I ever encountered I think ). I guess there is a big difference.

Jeez, Ken, that's quite a load.
    I'm bewildered by the actions people take in their last moments. Paying bills, stamping envelopes....as if any of that matters in light of what they're about to do....yet it seems to. The young man in the news took the time to set his cell phone and wallet on the bridge. To a rational mind, who would give a crap about a phone and wallet if you're about to take a swan off the bridge? (rational mind, in context only) Many people clean their house first.

I hope I didn't sound cold in my comments. I think you understand perfectly what I meant. I don't love him any less, I just hate him for what he did. Make sense?

And for what its worth, I'm damn glad you saw fit to stick it out! Many in your situation wouldn't have. My old surgery chief would tell us when someone was about to quit and leave the program, "the same pounding that shatters glass, hardens steel". I've reminded myself of that many times over the years.

on to more cheerful subjects........

dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Jeez, Ken, that's quite a load.
    I'm bewildered by the actions people take in their last moments. Paying bills, stamping envelopes....as if any of that matters in light of what they're about to do....yet it seems to. The young man in the news took the time to set his cell phone and wallet on the bridge. To a rational mind, who would give a crap about a phone and wallet if you're about to take a swan off the bridge? (rational mind, in context only) Many people clean their house first.

I hope I didn't sound cold in my comments. I think you understand perfectly what I meant. I don't love him any less, I just hate him for what he did. Make sense?

And for what its worth, I'm damn glad you saw fit to stick it out! Many in your situation wouldn't have. My old surgery chief would tell us when someone was about to quit and leave the program, "the same pounding that shatters glass, hardens steel". I've reminded myself of that many times over the years.

on to more cheerful subjects........

dave
    This turned into one of the most interesting threads I've read around here. I know the feeling you guys have about the selfishness of suicide. Several years back, a man at work went home and shot himself in the head in front of his 4 year old son. No one else was home and it was several hours before his wife came home to find the mess. I didn't know him well personally, but people who did were shocked. I remember at that time realizing how selfish an act suicide was. Kind of like the final decisive blow a coward can inflict on those he decides he wants to hurt.
    But to me this story was different. Is different. The act that drove this kid to suicide was so malicious it transcends reason. In this kids case, I don't get the feeling he killed himself to hurt others. I think he probably felt like his life was ruined by the horrific actions of those that attacked him. And it was an attack. A malicious hateful attack. I'm guessing he felt trapped. And that his only out was that bridge.

hope I didn't sound cold in my comments. I think you understand perfectly what I meant. I don't love him any less, I just hate him for what he did. Make sense

yes....
    Just how I feel about Dave when I use one of the flies he tied me or fish the places we used to go......
    You can compleatly love and absolutly hate.... all at the same time
    and it sucks.......
    I miss him.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin