The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: No Taxes?

Banned

Default No Taxes?

No taxes paid by GE or Exxon Mobil...

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Tax/g...ry?id=10300167

Something is not right here. I had to pay my taxes. I thought Corporations were just like us human citizens. What? They get all the rights, and none of the taxes???? Somehow I can't help but think about this when the Republican mouthpieces come out belching for an extension of the current tax system.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    No taxes paid by GE or Exxon Mobil...

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Tax/g...ry?id=10300167

Something is not right here. I had to pay my taxes. I thought Corporations were just like us human citizens. What? They get all the rights, and none of the taxes???? Somehow I can't help but think about this when the Republican mouthpieces come out belching for an extension of the current tax system.
    Nobody else has responedd to your post so I guess I will. Good Lord, dit you read the whole article or did you just read the headline??? If you read it and understood it, you would have seen that these coorporations paid no taxes in this country because THE TAX RATE IN THE FOREIGN COUNTRIES IS LOWER THAN THE TAX RATE IN THE US. For your information, the coorporate tax rate in the US is about the highest of any country in the world. Don't you think that if the US lowered the tax rate that maybe these companies would want to pay their taxes here?? Go back and read or if necessary re-read the article. It is the best arguement for lowering coorporate tax rates and you would generate more tax income.