The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AIG Out of the Woods

Default AIG Out of the Woods

Again, I want to highlight a success of the Obama administration.

AIG, one of the largest insurance company that was on the brink of collapse only 2 years ago, has announced a very probable plan of repaying the federal govenment that own 92% of the failed giant. The experts agree that this will happen and that the Fed will make a profit from this investment.

Now for those of you that struggle with history, AIG, because of financial deregulation, was allowed to partcipate in the underwriting of financial securities that when the markets contracted put them in a position of defaulting on certain trades through out the world, and had Pulson not have encouraged congress to loan them money via perferred stocks and bonds, the failure of this company would have wrecked the entire financial system. Having said this, the first loan was not enough, so our new administration while being heavily criticized by republicans loaned them much more money to keep this giant from failing.

The end result is that they did right things and we and world are better off for it, but the spin doctors have used this to undermine those that had your back. Please take this as another example of being misled by those that you place so much trust to better you life.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    and that the Fed will make a profit from this investment.
    I believe CNBC reported that the taxpayers will take a bath to the tune of $45,000,000,000 = Only the government would consider that a profit .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

If the fed govt makes a profit using our money, do we get dividend checks?

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    If the fed govt makes a profit using our money, do we get dividend checks?
    I thought the size of their dividends were you biggest complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I thought the size of their dividends were you biggest complaint.
    Huh?

Actually, my biggest complaint right this minute is that I have to take a leak. And a team leader on the line interrupted my lunch break for me to go try to fix something that he should be more than capable of, and it is within his job duties. Kinda a toss up between the two right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I believe CNBC reported that the taxpayers will take a bath to the tune of $45,000,000,000 = Only the government would consider that a profit .
    I was tuned in and that was not what I heard. Their an idiot on that show that likes to move a political agenda, and that being a right agenda, instead of sticking with facts. So if that was said, I'm sure it was not factual.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Huh?

Actually, my biggest complaint right this minute is that I have to take a leak. And a team leader on the line interrupted my lunch break for me to go try to fix something that he should be more than capable of, and it is within his job duties. Kinda a toss up between the two right now.
    Sounds like a personal problem

It's a ponzi scheme. So lets see, after the games the fed will increase it's ownership to 92.1% of AIG. Notice, increase not decrease gooberment ownership of AIG.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

is AIG Out of The Woods related to Esprit Out of the Woods

only real retriever folks will know the answer to that one
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

It's Funny how some people believe its a victory to save a company that follows questionable, failing, and immoral practices (reason they failed).