The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Perry's Bush Support Comparison

Default Roger Perry's Bush Support Comparison

Here ya go, big boy. You asked the question. We all know what it is. Now give us specific things that Bush did for us to give you an opinion of.

There, I did the hard work for you. Since Bush 'made decisions every day' like you said, it should be easy for you to list the good and bad things that he did for us. I promise, we'll answer you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Here ya go, big boy. You asked the question. We all know what it is. Now give us specific things that Bush did for us to give you an opinion of.

There, I did the hard work for you. Since Bush 'made decisions every day' like you said, it should be easy for you to list the good and bad things that he did for us. I promise, we'll answer you.
    you know the only thing he will come up with is that he lied to go to war and make his friends rich.

give him time to google, maybe we can get something fresh.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    you know the only thing he will come up with is that he lied to go to war and make his friends rich.

Obama was bashed here from where is his birth certificate to which church he attended in Chicago. So here ya go.

George Bush likes to present himself as a straight-talking, regular guy. But it's an act -- regular guys don't go to Andover Prep, Yale and Harvard Business School, and straight-talking guys don't pretend to be regular guys after growing up in one of the most privileged homes in world history. Not only was Bush's dad president, his grandpa was a U.S. Senator and wealthy Wall Street banker, and his mom's blueblood family owned (among other things) the estate in Maine that Bush still hangs out at.

Now, as Bush's regular guy act is wearing thin, some of his other deceptions are becoming more obvious. Click on the allegation of your choice:

-- His top aides exposed an undercover CIA agent to silence critics
    -- Lies, deception and coverups to push the war in Iraq
    -- Convicted of drunk driving. Lied repeatedly to cover up his arrest.
    -- Lying under oath. Bush & staff stop investigation of contributor's huge funeral home company.
    -- Avoided Vietnam and Skipped Out on his National Guard Service
    -- Texas government corruption: State $$ for campaign funders & business cronies
    -- Cocaine: felony drug use, vile hypocrisy, and a hushed up arrest?
    -- His "young and irresponsible" behavior: sex, drugs and (gasp!) rock and roll?
    -- Thin skinned: censors his critics with police, lawyers, $$$
    -- Character: Spoiled rich kid living off his family's name and reputation -- Made millions on insider business deals, for little work
    -- -- Deal #1. Personal Profits from Failing Oil Companies
    -- -- -- -- Easy Money From Odd Sources
    -- -- -- -- A Surprise Deal From Bahrain
    -- -- -- -- Access to the President and National Security Adviser for his foreign business partner
    -- -- Deal #2. Selling Oil Stocks Just Before Iraq Invaded: lucky guess or illegal insider trading?
    -- -- Deal #3. A Big Slice of a Baseball Team
    -- -- -- -- Hypocrisy: using government coercion to make his private fortune

http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm

Obama was and is bashed for his use of teleprompters. Bush used teleprompters also but they went too fast for him to read so this is what he came up with.

"I've been to war [sic]. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war." -- Bush, flat out lying in 2002.
    "One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a�a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone."�Denver, CO. Aug. 14, 2001
    "Well, it's an unimaginable honor to be the president during the Fourth of July of this country. It means what these words say, for starters. The great inalienable rights of our country. We're blessed with such values in America. And I--it's--I'm a proud man to be the nation based upon such wonderful values."--Visiting the Jefferson Memorial, Washington, D.C., July 2, 2001
    "We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."--After meeting with the leaders of the European Union, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001
    "It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce."--Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001

"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically."�Radio-Television Correspondents Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 29, 2001
    "I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well."�Washington, D.C., Jan. 29, 2001
    "Then I went for a run with the other dog and just walked. And I started thinking about a lot of things. I was able to�I can't remember what it was. Oh, the inaugural speech, started thinking through that."�Pre-inaugural interview with U.S. News & World Report, Jan. 22, 2001 issue
    "Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment."�Interview with the New York Times, Jan. 14, 2001 (Thanks to Rachael Contorer.)
    "The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants."�Interview with the New York Times, Jan. 14, 2001 "They misunderestimated me."�Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

We can start with these and go on from there

Banned

7. Bush politicized parts of the government that should be nonpartisan. From NASA to the Justice Department, professionals were forced out or silenced if they departed from the true Republican way. What was good for the Republican Party trumped what was good policy for the nation. Every administration is political to some extent, but the Bush administration took it too far. When Paul O'Neill was forced out at Treasury, it was clear that every major decision would be determined by Karl Rove's calculus.
    6. Bush squandered the budget surplus. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, Bush had a near-religious faith in the ability of tax cuts to deliver prosperity. Tax cuts were the panacea that would cure all ills. Economy too strong? Cut taxes. Economy too weak? Cut taxes. Stock market falling? Cut dividend taxes. Investment weak? Cut capital gains taxes. But tax cuts didn't make the economy stronger; they merely blew a big hole in the budget. Now, when we could really use that surplus to pay for the bailouts and the stimulus, it's gone.
    5. Bush comforted the comfortable and afflicted the afflicted. The Bush years were the ultimate test of trickle-down economics, the theory that says the government should favor the rich because the benefits will flow down to the rest of us. The results of that experiment are clear: We've had the weakest job growth since the 1930s. We've had the biggest increase in debt ever. We've had the highest share of national income going to profits since the 1920s. Income inequality has soared while our public and private investment has slowed to a trickle. Instead of building a fundamentally sound economy, Bush nurtured a Ponzi economy based on get-rich-quick schemes.
    4. Bush rewarded incompetence. Because politics and personal loyalty were all that counted, Bush appointed incompetent people to vital jobs. He hired interns to run Iraq. He hired a horse expert to run the Federal Emergency Management Agency. He wanted to hire Harriett Miers to be a Supreme Court justice. Top jobs were reserved for sycophants, toadies and failures.
    3. Bush lied us into war. Every argument for war against Iraq was a delusion, and hundreds of thousands of lives have been lost as a result. Saddam Hussein was not responsible for 9/11 in any way. He was not a danger to the United States. The Bush administration ignored or dismissed mountains of evidence that showed that Saddam was not building an arsenal of chemical or nuclear weapons. Bush rushed to war without giving diplomacy or weapons inspectors a chance. Later, administration officials blew the cover of a CIA employee whose husband told the truth, and then lied about their involvement.
    2. Bush has exposed himself to war crime charges. By his own admission, Bush authorized interrogation practices that are illegal under U.S. and international law. His administration at best looked the other way and at worst ordered prisoners at Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib to be tortured. Not only is torture an immoral and heinous crime against humanity, it is ineffective in the fight against terrorism. Nothing has given Osama bin Laden more support than Bush's immorality. And our nation's reputation has been tarnished, possibly forever.
    1. Bush weakened our democracy. Bush has embraced a theory of dictatorship. Bush, under Vice President Dick Cheney's guidance, encouraged an imperial presidency answerable to no one. Working with a complacent Congress, Bush gutted the constitutional checks and balances that are supposed to keep any part of the government from growing too powerful or too corrupt. In the name of an endless war against an amorphous enemy, he canceled our most fundamental rights of habeas corpus and the right to be free from unreasonable government spying.
    One final note: Bush had the opportunity to be a great president. After 9/11, the nation was as united as it had been since Pearl Harbor, and Bush rode a wave of popularity that he could have used to turn around the nation's politics, security and economy.
    Instead of uniting us as he promised, he divided us instead.

Banned

Bush inherited a Dow of 10,600 and left with 8,280.
    Bush inherited 4% unemployment and left with 8.2%
    Bush inherited record surpluses and left with record deficits.

Bush - National Debt Increase: $4.9 trillion. DURING AN EXPANSION.
    National Debt as of Jan. 15, 2009: $10.6 trillion
    Debt when Mr. Bush took office: $5.7 trillion
    (Source: U.S. Treasury Dept.)
    Bush/GOP new Debt: $5.5 Trillion.

Bush/GOP grew Government 1/3 larger in 8 years.

2 Unfunded Wars.

Medicare D - Unfunded.

2 Unfunded Tax Cuts.

Is that enough to get you started?

Banned

my lord man, he is no longer president. you must sit and seethe all day snarling and thinking about how much you hate bush, and cant stand it when we criticize obama.

yeah. thats an "independent" there.....

Banned

my lord man, he is no longer president. you must sit and seethe all day snarling and thinking about how much you hate bush, and cant stand it when we criticize obama.

yeah. thats an "independent" there.....
    I was asked to list topics for discussion. Did I list too many for you? So if Bush was a democrat instead of a republican would you bash him like you have Obama? This list should keep you busy to reply to. And, not just about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan either David.

Oh, did I mention Bush wanting to invest the Social Security into the stock market? That would have worked out really well wouldn't it.

Banned

great google work - you came through for me! i noticed you got all the 7 points from here:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sev...gs-about-bushs

your opening paragraph (George Bush likes to present himself as a straight-talking, regular guy. But it's an act -) came verbatim from here:

in fact, everything else - even "click the allegation of your choice" came from here:

is there a single, original thought in your head? is there one word in your string of posts above that is yours and yours alone? is all you do is scour the internet for fellow tin hat aficionados that share your opinion?

i would call this plagiarism, but you wouldnt understand because you think this is normal behavior. if you copy something verbatim you should cite the source, or at least put it in quotes so we can see you are quoting someone else.

post 5 came from who knows where. everything you posted above is repeated throughout the net VERBATIM. nice bit of work there. if you ever get an original thought in your own head to discuss let us know.........
    Last edited by david gibson; 09-30-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Banned

great google work - you came through for me! i noticed you got all the 7 points from here:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sev...gs-about-bushs

your opening paragraph (George Bush likes to present himself as a straight-talking, regular guy. But it's an act -) came verbatim from here:

in fact, everything else - even "click the allegation of your choice" came from here:

is there a single, original thought in your head? is there one word in your string of posts above that is yours and yours alone? is all you do is scour the internet for fellow tin hat aficionados that share your opinion?

i would call this plagiarism, but you wouldnt understand because you think this is normal behavior. if you copy something verbatim you should cite the source, or at least put it in quotes so we can see you are quoting someone else.

post 5 came from who knows where. everything you posted above is repeated throughout the net VERBATIM. nice bit of work there. if you ever get an original thought in your own head to discuss let us know.........
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by david gibson

Obama was bashed here from where is his birth certificate to which church he attended in Chicago. So here ya go.

George Bush likes to present himself as a straight-talking, regular guy. But it's an act -- regular guys don't go to Andover Prep, Yale and Harvard Business School, and straight-talking guys don't pretend to be regular guys after growing up in one of the most privileged homes in world history. Not only was Bush's dad president, his grandpa was a U.S. Senator and wealthy Wall Street banker, and his mom's blueblood family owned (among other things) the estate in Maine that Bush still hangs out at.

Now, as Bush's regular guy act is wearing thin, some of his other deceptions are becoming more obvious. Click on the allegation of your choice:

-- His top aides exposed an undercover CIA agent to silence critics
    -- Lies, deception and coverups to push the war in Iraq
    -- Convicted of drunk driving. Lied repeatedly to cover up his arrest.
    -- Lying under oath. Bush & staff stop investigation of contributor's huge funeral home company.
    -- Avoided Vietnam and Skipped Out on his National Guard Service
    -- Texas government corruption: State $$ for campaign funders & business cronies
    -- Cocaine: felony drug use, vile hypocrisy, and a hushed up arrest?
    -- His "young and irresponsible" behavior: sex, drugs and (gasp!) rock and roll?
    -- Thin skinned: censors his critics with police, lawyers, $$$
    -- Character: Spoiled rich kid living off his family's name and reputation -- Made millions on insider business deals, for little work
    -- -- Deal #1. Personal Profits from Failing Oil Companies
    -- -- -- -- Easy Money From Odd Sources
    -- -- -- -- A Surprise Deal From Bahrain
    -- -- -- -- Access to the President and National Security Adviser for his foreign business partner
    -- -- Deal #2. Selling Oil Stocks Just Before Iraq Invaded: lucky guess or illegal insider trading?
    -- -- Deal #3. A Big Slice of a Baseball Team
    -- -- -- -- Hypocrisy: using government coercion to make his private fortune

Obama was and is bashed for his use of teleprompters. Bush used teleprompters also but they went too fast for him to read so this is what he came up with.

"I've been to war [sic]. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war." -- Bush, flat out lying in 2002.
    "One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a�a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone."�Denver, CO. Aug. 14, 2001
    "Well, it's an unimaginable honor to be the president during the Fourth of July of this country. It means what these words say, for starters. The great inalienable rights of our country. We're blessed with such values in America. And I--it's--I'm a proud man to be the nation based upon such wonderful values."--Visiting the Jefferson Memorial, Washington, D.C., July 2, 2001
    "We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."--After meeting with the leaders of the European Union, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001
    "It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce."--Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001

"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically."�Radio-Television Correspondents Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 29, 2001
    "I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well."�Washington, D.C., Jan. 29, 2001
    "Then I went for a run with the other dog and just walked. And I started thinking about a lot of things. I was able to�I can't remember what it was. Oh, the inaugural speech, started thinking through that."�Pre-inaugural interview with U.S. News & World Report, Jan. 22, 2001 issue
    "Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment."�Interview with the New York Times, Jan. 14, 2001 (Thanks to Rachael Contorer.)
    "The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants."�Interview with the New York Times, Jan. 14, 2001 "They misunderestimated me."�Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

We can start with these and go on from there
    "There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again." George W. Bush—Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

Did you see where I quoted a source David? I even made it in bold letters so you can see for yourself. Now Ducknwork said there would be replies to the allegations, lets hear them are you standing behind all Bush did before and during his Presidency or would you bash him if he was a Democrat? You can take one topic at a time if you like same goes for you Ducknwork.

Unless you are------------------------------Chicken.

The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009 it was actually January 3rd 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, the start of the 110th Congress. The Democratic Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.
    For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:

January 3rd, 2007, was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress

At the time:

The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77

The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%

The Unemployment rate was 4.6%

George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB CREATION!

Remember the day...

January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.

The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

Thank Congress for taking us from 13,000 DOW, 3.5 GDP and 4.6% Unemployment to this CRISIS by dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac fiasco's!

(BTW: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001, because it was financially risky for the U.S. economy, but no one was listening).

And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac?

OBAMA.

And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie???

OBAMA and the Democratic Congress.

So when someone tries to blame Bush...

REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!" Bush may have been in the car, but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and steering wheel they were driving. Set the record straight on Bush!

"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so"

-Ronald Reagan

Hey Rog we all can copy and paste!
    Last edited by duckheads; 09-30-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl