The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Roger Perry's Bush Support Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    If you expect me to believe that your answers would have been anything different from what you have responded I wouldn't believe you.
    I am thoroughly confused by this sentence. I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I will respond to your next post in a little while, maybe tomorrow. Just didn't want you to think I was blowing you off...Thanks for coming back.

If Bush had been a Democrat instead of a Republican how would you have responded to these alligations, or better yet if Obama had been in office in 2001 and did the thing Bush did how would you have responded.
    I have already stated that it doesn't matter to me whether someone is a democrat or a republican, they should be held accountable for their actions. I am not really clear on what you want me to say. Do you want me to 'bash' George Bush just like I have bashed Obama? If that is the case, please note that I have NOT 'bashed' Obama. I have only called things the way I see them and I would have done the same for W.

1. Joseph Wilson gave a report to the President saying that the administration exagerated the Iraqi threat. The President rejected that information and went ahead with the war with Iraq.
    http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...465270,00.html
    It's hard to say anything like I think you expect me to say because of hindsight. Things look different when they are happening and there is less information available than we have years later. The claim you make doesn't match the article you posted. To me it seems like a 'he said, she said' deal. Wilson says his report says one thing, the administration says the report says another. Who do we believe? I guess you are implying that if it was Obama, I would side with Wilson and with Bush I would side with the gov't. The honest truth is that based on the article you posted, a judgment can't be made. Is Wilson's report declassified now? That would be the only way to know where the truth lies. This article leaves me with more questions than I had before. And, as I have stated before, we do not have access to all of the intel that the POTUS does.

2. Valerie Plame (Joseph Wilson's wife) was a CIA agent outed by someone in the Bush administration and Bush said he would fire anyone involved yet he fired no one allegations were that Carl Rove leaked the information.

Beginning in August 2003, it was suspected—and widely rumored—that Karl Rove, Assistant to the President, Deputy Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor to George W. Bush, was responsible for outing Valerie Plame as an undercover CIA agent.

A brief recap � Plame�s husband, Joseph Wilson, was a foreign service officer and ambassador who refuted President Bush�s claim that Iraq had sought nuclear weapons from �Africa.� Bush made the claim, which has since been disproven, in his 2003 State of the Union address ��part of his justification for going to war with Iraq. Wilson simply said that Bush was either wrong or was lying. He proved it convincingly in a New York Times column and in his book, "The Politics of Truth: Inside the Lies that Led to War and Betrayed My Wife�s CIA Identity � A Diplomat�s Memoir." In retaliation against this breech of the party line, someone affiliated with Bush and/or the Republicans tried to discredit Wilson by publicly identifying his wife, Plame, as a CIA operative. Naming someone publicly in this capacity is tantamount to treason, and it is a federal crime. In effect, it�s helping the terrorists identify American citizens who work for the government so they can target them and perhaps murder them. So, someone in the Bush adminstration, or the Republican Party, committed a treasonous act, and identified Plame in an effort to silence her husband for telling the truth about Bush�s misstatement of fact as he tried to justify the Iraq invasion. This was a crime. And it is still being investigated by a federal prosecutor and the FBI.
    It is clear that someone leaked her name in an attempt to punish Wilson for his op-ed article.(unless Wilson himself leaked her name...) It hasn't been proven who leaked it, but it is awfully suspicious that nobody would deny that Rove leaked it. We can't convict people on suspicions and rumors in this country, so more should have been done to find facts. Leaking her name was a terrible crime that could have jeopardized our country and whoever did it needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. The Bush administration should have done more to find out who did it and I also find that to be a bit fishy that they were so happy to let it die without nabbing the culprit...The whole thing is disgusting to me...just the idea that someone would leak the name of a CIA agent to punish her husband for going against the govt is terrible. Bush did not make good on his statement to 'get to the bottom of this'.

3. Here is a biggie ---- What if Obama had been President before the start of the Iraqi war and he put Bin Laden's muslim family on a private plane which took them out of the United States? You have accused Obama of being a muslim what kind of critizism you have given him had he aided a Muslim family to escape the Country especially when they were related to Bin Laden.

Please do not give me the short answer that if he did it he was wrong.

Members of Osama bin Laden's family were allowed to fly out of the US shortly after the September 11 terror attacks, a senior official has said.

'Bush government sanctioned bin Laden family repatriation'

Even though American airspace had been shut down, the Bush administration alloweda jet to fly around the US picking up family members from 10 cities, including Los Angeles, Washington DC, Boston and Houston.
    Some 140 high ranking Saudi officials were also on the plane.
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky...00806412758358
    First of all, I don't recall ever accusing Obama of being a muslim. I have said that I don't believe he is a very good Christian and I stand by that. Back up your statement with quotes or take it back. Same thing you need to do with you accusations of me being racist earlier in this thread. If you are being honest, Roger, you will have to admit that I am one of the most fair people on this forum and I am not someone who attacks O or anyone unnecessarily or unwarranted. In fact, look back at a few recent threads by gman and UB. Who is the first one to post a snopes link that debunks their BS Obama cut and paste emails in an effort for truth and didn't just jump on the hate Obama bandwagon? That would be me, Roger.

There is no way that OBL's family should have been allowed to fly out of the country. It was a dumb thing to do, even though they probably didn't know anything about the whereabouts of OBL, given this statement in your article:
    The wealthy bin Laden family broke ties with bin Laden years before the September 11 strikes.
    They should have been held in protective custody for a period of time for their safety, but to fly them out of the country without thorough interviews and interrogations about anything they may know about OBL is completely stupid.

There, I answered you. Please don't just say it's not good enough, like your buddy continues to do. If it's not good enough, you need to tell me why and tell me what you are expecting of me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I have already stated that it doesn't matter to me whether someone is a democrat or a republican, they should be held accountable for their actions. I am not really clear on what you want me to say. Do you want me to 'bash' George Bush just like I have bashed Obama? If that is the case, please note that I have NOT 'bashed' Obama. I have only called things the way I see them and I would have done the same for W.

It's hard to say anything like I think you expect me to say because of hindsight. Things look different when they are happening and there is less information available than we have years later. The claim you make doesn't match the article you posted. To me it seems like a 'he said, she said' deal. Wilson says his report says one thing, the administration says the report says another. Who do we believe? I guess you are implying that if it was Obama, I would side with Wilson and with Bush I would side with the gov't. The honest truth is that based on the article you posted, a judgment can't be made. Is Wilson's report declassified now? That would be the only way to know where the truth lies. This article leaves me with more questions than I had before. And, as I have stated before, we do not have access to all of the intel that the POTUS does.

It is clear that someone leaked her name in an attempt to punish Wilson for his op-ed article.(unless Wilson himself leaked her name...) It hasn't been proven who leaked it, but it is awfully suspicious that nobody would deny that Rove leaked it. We can't convict people on suspicions and rumors in this country, so more should have been done to find facts. Leaking her name was a terrible crime that could have jeopardized our country and whoever did it needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. The Bush administration should have done more to find out who did it and I also find that to be a bit fishy that they were so happy to let it die without nabbing the culprit...The whole thing is disgusting to me...just the idea that someone would leak the name of a CIA agent to punish her husband for going against the govt is terrible. Bush did not make good on his statement to 'get to the bottom of this'.

First of all, I don't recall ever accusing Obama of being a muslim. I have said that I don't believe he is a very good Christian and I stand by that. Back up your statement with quotes or take it back. Same thing you need to do with you accusations of me being racist earlier in this thread. If you are being honest, Roger, you will have to admit that I am one of the most fair people on this forum and I am not someone who attacks O or anyone unnecessarily or unwarranted. In fact, look back at a few recent threads by gman and UB. Who is the first one to post a snopes link that debunks their BS Obama cut and paste emails in an effort for truth and didn't just jump on the hate Obama bandwagon? That would be me, Roger.

There is no way that OBL's family should have been allowed to fly out of the country. It was a dumb thing to do, even though they probably didn't know anything about the whereabouts of OBL, given this statement in your article:

They should have been held in protective custody for a period of time for their safety, but to fly them out of the country without thorough interviews and interrogations about anything they may know about OBL is completely stupid.

There, I answered you. Please don't just say it's not good enough, like your buddy continues to do. If it's not good enough, you need to tell me why and tell me what you are expecting of me.
    Good enough for me, at least it was more than a 1 sentence answer that I was expecting. I won't hit you up for any more Bush questions.

Good enough for me, at least it was more than a 1 sentence answer that I was expecting. I won't hit you up for any more Bush questions.
    I told you I would resond if you actually put some effort into your post. I keep my word.

Geez, the RTF is slow right now...someone needs to fix that....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz