The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stocks see best September in 71 years

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rudd View Post
    I'm willing to bet the stock market hits 7500 again, in the next 12-18 months.
    I'll take that bet. The market has been incredibly stable and steadily rising within a backdrop of intense politically driven negative economic news. The market is the leading forward indicator of the US economy. A stable and steady rising market is probably a prediction of the Bull around the corner. Is now a time to buy? If you're not in the market now, I would dollar cost average back in over the next year. The market was tested this summer and it passed. No bears looking forward. Fluctuations? Yes. Bear? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    I'll take that bet. The market has been incredibly stable and steadily rising within a backdrop of intense politically driven negative economic news. The market is the leading forward indicator of the US economy. A stable and steady rising market is probably a prediction of the Bull around the corner. Is now a time to buy? If you're not in the market now, I would dollar cost average back in over the next year. The market was tested this summer and it passed. No bears looking forward. Fluctuations? Yes. Bear? No way.
    Quote the raven, "Nevermore".
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Look up "head and shoulders tecnical indicator", then look at the DJIA.

That does it. I'm putting all my money in dandruff shampoo.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Well I placed my bet in the market last year. I bought Utilities, pharma, UTX and INTC last time the market dipped below 10K. I'm up on all of them except INTC. Funny how all the Wall Street investors seem to like what the new Health changes did for Pharma.
    I suppose its time to review the portfolio again and make some adjustments. I won't be reducing my overall Market investments, but I won't be increasing them much at this point either.

I'm not sure what a strong September means, but it can't be all that bearish. If it dips some folks will panic and it may test 9K again. That's another buy opportunity. The economy is in recovery now, even if it is an anemic one, whereas before it was in meltdown. Should the market go bullish, you don't want to be caught out of it. I'd still buy quality and yield. Even it stays flat, or even dips, you still get your dividends which are paying better rates than anything in the financial world.
    As far as the technical indicators, I don't really watch them that much. I know a lot of people do. And many claim it works. Best method I've found is to buy quality stocks and hold them. Also historically the markets have risen much more under democratic presidents than republicans. I have no idea why that is true, but it is a very good indicator for a very long tme.

Do you have any recommendations for buys, or sells? Or overall portfolio management?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    That does it. I'm putting all my money in dandruff shampoo.
    Best bet is JNJ. When it dips, buy it! You'll make money.

Best bet is JNJ. When it dips, buy it! You'll make money.
    I'll, uh, get right on that.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Do you have any recommendations for buys, or sells? Or overall portfolio management?
    I'm far from the person to give advice. Here is how I go about evaluating bullish stocks and all must be met or I don't buy. I didn't come up with this list, this was something I have learned in my education and has worked well for me:

*I want an up trending stock or sideways trending with volume 1.5 times the avg. (last 60 days).

*The price has moved above moving average (last 30 days)?

*MACD moved above the center signal line. This is a momentum indicator.

* Stochastic has moved above the 25% line. If it's above 75%, overbought, below 25%, over sold. Try to find an up tick (sloping up) between 25% and 75%.

*Strong F/E Score: > 3.25

*Price Pattern Score: > 2.5

*The industry the stock is in must be up trending or sideways trending. 50% of the stocks movement is tied to the industry it is in.

*Broken resistance or bouncing support. Donít want stock to be hitting resistance or bouncing off support.

Couple of things to remember:
    *When the markets go up, 75% of the stocks go with it.
    *When the markets go down, 90% of the stocks go with it.