The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WI Duck Season Opener

Default WI Duck Season Opener

Duck season opens tomorrow.
    I am very excited......just 1 mature Woody Drake and I will be happy.

1 nice retrieve for Elvis....sweetness.

OK, maybe 6 nice retreives!!

How about youse guys?

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Early last year we discovered a new place on the lake that was covered in woodies and hunted it hard for the entire first half of the season. One morning we shot 4 limits in 17 minutes including a quad. Goose had a great morning that day and I sure hope we see them again this year.

Texas has a youth only hunt later in October so I'll be taking two young, hard-chargers out in the field for a first time duck hunt. Gonna go out next week on Wednesday and set up my blinds.

And the cooler weather has finally reached us!

One of my swamps I checked last nite was loaded with woodies (40+)...... acorns everywhere! Our season opens the ninth, and I cannot wait. This is my pups first year, and I plan on shootin 250 or more over him this year. To say Im excited is an understatement! Good luck to everyone this season, and BE SAFE!

Troy, 250?!! Do you have a job?

Good luck, RK.

Our season opens up Wednesday, but I won't get out til Saturday most likely. All there is to shoot around here now is woodies and I don't know what to expect. I have two new spots that are pretty promising, but we just had 12" of rain dumped on us in the last 4 days, so now I might need to rethink my game plan to deal with that little curveball. Too much water... I can't wait to see how Dixie does. If dove season is any indication, I think I'll be pleased with her.

Make sure you guys post pictures on the brag thread! BTW, if any of you are in contact with the mods, have them make that a sticky...

Well, I packed up the suburban yesterday afternoon after consuming copious amounts of wine at S&W,intending to head up to Montana on Sunday and hunt a well known FT property.....until a friend who scouted for me yesterday said it was 80 degrees and all he saw were a dozen mallards that were flying from one pond to another.

the good news is that the barley field came in nicely and was being harvested, there are no birds in eastern Idaho either, it was 85 degrees there Monday when they guys were chasing mule deer with a stick and string (bowhunting)...unless the weather changes this weekend I am stuck with a loaded truck full of equipment until the weather changes
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Troy, 250?!! Do you have a job?

Good luck, RK.

Our season opens up Wednesday, but I won't get out til Saturday most likely. All there is to shoot around here now is woodies and I don't know what to expect. I have two new spots that are pretty promising, but we just had 12" of rain dumped on us in the last 4 days, so now I might need to rethink my game plan to deal with that little curveball. Too much water... I can't wait to see how Dixie does. If dove season is any indication, I think I'll be pleased with her.

Make sure you guys post pictures on the brag thread! BTW, if any of you are in contact with the mods, have them make that a sticky...

Ducknwork,
    Yea, I have a job.....LOL. Im in outside sales, so I pretty much set my own schedule. As long as my quota gets hit, boss pretty much stays off my ass. Plus I live like six minutes from Presque Isle Bay where we have two blinds this year. Plus, all my inland stuff. So I can hunt almost every morning before work, and Sat and Sunday(in New York). So, although my hopes may be a little high, it is not unattainable.

SO HERE'S TO STRAIGHT SHOOTIN, AND A GOOD FLIGHT THIS FALL!!!

Wow man, that's pretty awesome to have a job like that. Count me jealous.

Good luck to you this year!

Getting excited to . Live 10 min. from green bay 20 min from lake michigan . My pups first season . See how she does. GOOD LUCK EVERY BODY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Getting excited to . Live 10 min. from green bay 20 min from lake michigan . My pups first season . See how she does. GOOD LUCK EVERY BODY!!!
    starjack, do you run your pup in HT's??
    AKC or HRC??

Have we crossed paths??

stan b & Elvis
    Stan b & Elvis

I have run hunt test with my older dog all thou i started him real late (OLD). Did those in valders wis I use him for run and gun . The pup is going to run next year. My trainer and training buddys said i should skip jrs. with her and see if i can get her her sr . So i dont think so but some day we might. If you ever come up to Green Bay to a game i know the best place to park and not have to pay there high parking prices. JAKE.