The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Smart or Stoopid GDG not political

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    well first of all, this was not an IQ test though it claimed it was related or whatever.. it had a few too many cultural questions - ie. the meth, the car, japanese word, etc. . iq tests stick to the basic math you should be able to do in your head or other basic concepts that should weed out the bias from one living in texas from one in say, vermont.

it was fun anyway, thanks to roger for that!

but of course, it was all just a troll and you really jerked my chain, didnt you???
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

well first of all, this was not an IQ test though it claimed it was related or whatever.. it had a few too many cultural questions - ie. the meth, the car, japanese word, etc. . iq tests stick to the basic math you should be able to do in your head or other basic concepts that should weed out the bias from one living in texas from one in say, vermont.

it was fun anyway, thanks to roger for that!

but of course, it was all just a troll and you really jerked my chain, didnt you???
    No David I did not jerk your chain. I just thought it would be a fun thing for anyone to try. The 8 seconds did seem to go by rather quickly. According to the testmaker, if you took the test a second time the questions were the same but in a different order. As I said, on the first time I got an 18 and the second 30. I guess I answered some questions too quickly instead of taking a little more time the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Finally got a chance to take it. I got a 20, but I think the timer freaked me out. I think I would have done much better without that...
    That is most likely a major factor in the test. Some people respond better to an audio question while others respond better to the visual.
    I know I have a faster reaction to visual vs audio. I can file rally course signs much faster if I read the #'s on the signs vs someone else calling out the sign #'s to me.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I didn't take the test, I can't read.

Plus Yardley got a 30, why shame myself in the presence of such genuis?

I am dissapointed he didn't get a 35..........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

You ever come across those REALLLLLLLY smart people....

that after your done talking to them...YOU feel stoopider for listening......and they sound stoopider for TALKING.....

sometimes I AM STOOPIDER for typing.....

nough said....

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    I guess there must be a random question sequence or something (I didnt take it a second time) because your first quetions was different than mine...

My first question was the Meth question...choices were 1. Ice 2. Crank 3. I cant remember....

depending on where your from and which decade your from...Ice and Crank are the same thing...

out west the most common term for meth is Crank...I know if your from the Hawaiin (sp???) Islands it is refered to as ICE...ICE actually refers to a VERY pure form of Meth....

The third term was also if I remember a common name for meth, but it is a southern name I think....

I got that wrinkled look when I read it and then figured I would wait to see question 2 and figure out if the test is a sham....I think it was as mentioned...a goofy "pop culture" "cross generational" 'hodge-podge" of STOOPID questions.

NCA
    I went back and took the test a second time since my memory was that they asked about "crack" (cocaine), not "crank" (crystal meth). .I was right. Questions seem to be the same each time. The order of questions and answers changes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I went back and took the test a second time since my memory was that they asked about "crack" (cocaine), not "crank" (crystal meth). .I was right. Questions seem to be the same each time. The order of questions and answers changes.
    hmmmmm not for me - i just retook it and all the other questions seemed the same, and the drug question was "another name for methamphetamines is:.."

clicked on answers and thats how it is written there too

or is this another troll to amuse dogger???

hmmmmm not for me - i just retook it and all the other questions seemed the same, and the drug question was "another name for methamphetamines is:.."

clicked on answers and thats how it is written there too

or is this another troll to amuse dogger???
    The question was another name for methamphetamines. The possible answers were ice, crack or smack. Only ice is a name for meth. NCA thought the choices were ice, crank or smack, in which case he would be right that there would have been two correct answers since both ice and crank are terms for meth.

The question was another name for methamphetamines. The possible answers were ice, crack or smack. Only ice is a name for meth. NCA thought the choices were ice, crank or smack, in which case he would be right that there would have been two correct answers since both ice and crank are terms for meth.
    Good to know!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

true, but you were still mistaken. the question did not ask about coke/crack, it was a possible answer. the question asked about meth. - thats where the question mark was. you said "I went back and took the test a second time since my memory was that they asked about "crack" (cocaine),"

i see what you intended to say, but you did not say it well. remember, we arent as smart as you so you have to be more precise so we understand your superior intellect from the get go.

whatever would we do without your divine guidance?
    Last edited by david gibson; 10-04-2010 at 04:28 PM.