The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: How do YOU choose?

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'll assume that was mostly in jest, but I do know there would be about 4000 less empty chairs at the Christmas Dinner table this year. And that's no jest.

    And we all know that Bush sent us to war all by himself.


    There ya go, Roger. I lobbed you a softball.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'll assume that was mostly in jest, but I do know there would be about 4000 less empty chairs at the Christmas Dinner table this year. And that's no jest.
    It was said mostly in jest, although my opinion is there'd be a much higher body count by now if Gore had been the POTUS on 9/11. Remember if you will, the American people were screaming for retaliation, so first of all, I think Algore would've gotten and and reacted to the same intelligence Bush did and in much the same manner. Would he have gotten us out of Iraq sooner? If you're honest, it's hard to say. However, as scary as the thought of him at the helm on 9/11/01 is, it pales in comparison to imagining how the current POTUS would handle an attack of that magnitude. His apolgoy tour still makes me cringe.

  3. #33
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    It was said mostly in jest, although my opinion is there'd be a much higher body count by now if Gore had been the POTUS on 9/11. Remember if you will, the American people were screaming for retaliation, so first of all, I think Algore would've gotten and and reacted to the same intelligence Bush did and in much the same manner. Would he have gotten us out of Iraq sooner? If you're honest, it's hard to say. However, as scary as the thought of him at the helm on 9/11/01 is, it pales in comparison to imagining how the current POTUS would handle an attack of that magnitude. His apolgoy tour still makes me cringe.
    Well, I *think* I agree. Gore would NOT have gotten massaged, cherry-picked and manipulated intel misguiding us into war in Iraq in the first place. Remember, people were yelling for retaliation against the 911 perpetrators, not Iraq. Nobody faulted Bush for going into A-stan, rather, he's been faulted for taking his eye off the target and diverting efforts to Iraq. I think that renders the question of getting out Iraq sooner or later moot, as we may not have been there in the first place.

    I'm not sure what you see that makes you think Obama would not have reacted swiftly and harshly. Have you forgotten when he got the call about the pirates? He didn't hesitate to give the "fire at will" command.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  4. #34
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    And we all know that Bush sent us to war all by himself.


    There ya go, Roger. I lobbed you a softball.
    No, not at all. You're not giving credit where credit is due!

    Bush....presidential figurehead.
    Cheney....I guarantee you'll see the WMDs once we're there....trust us!
    Wolfowitz........Don't worry, oil revenues will pay for the war. It will only cost us a few billion....trust us!
    Rumsfield.....sometimes you just have to go to war with the army you got, not the one you wish you had!......trust us!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  5. #35
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'm not sure what you see that makes you think Obama would not have reacted swiftly and harshly. Have you forgotten when he got the call about the pirates? He didn't hesitate to give the "fire at will" command.
    Well sir, you seem to have forgotten about the pirates. If you recall, the fire at will command was delayed a full 24 hours so the POTUS could get his "team" in place on site. By the way the Navy had a team there before his had left the building. Fortunately they fired when the overriding principle of imminent danger went into effect, and did not wait til the POTUS team and formal OK got there from D.C. And to answer why I think the current Commander in Chief wouldn't have reacted harshly and swiftly? Perhaps because he seems more concerned about having foreign nationals like him than protecting U.S. interests? Because he's better at campaigning than forging coalitions?

  6. #36
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    ....

    I'm not sure what you see that makes you think Obama would not have reacted swiftly and harshly. Have you forgotten when he got the call about the pirates? He didn't hesitate to give the "fire at will" command.
    I hardly equate Jack Sparrow and his mate "Will" in a row boat on a par with a enemy country that may or may not have had WMDs.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  7. #37
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Well sir, you seem to have forgotten about the pirates. If you recall, the fire at will command was delayed a full 24 hours so the POTUS could get his "team" in place on site. By the way the Navy had a team there before his had left the building. Fortunately they fired when the overriding principle of imminent danger went into effect, and did not wait til the POTUS team and formal OK got there from D.C. And to answer why I think the current Commander in Chief wouldn't have reacted harshly and swiftly? Perhaps because he seems more concerned about having foreign nationals like him than protecting U.S. interests? Because he's better at campaigning than forging coalitions?
    Well, sometimes its ok to *think* before launching a war.

    As for the pirates, all I know is there are several pirates with one more hole in their heads than Allah gave them, and that's a good thing. Spin it how you want, they were dealt with appropriately.

    Hey, I'm not here to defend him on all fronts. I agree that he campaigns better than almost anything else he does, but I think its a little unfair to think he wouldn't have reacted appropriately after 911, but we all have our opinions.
    Last edited by dnf777; 10-05-2010 at 10:45 AM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    No, not at all. You're not giving credit where credit is due!

    Bush....presidential figurehead.
    Cheney....I guarantee you'll see the WMDs once we're there....trust us!
    Wolfowitz........Don't worry, oil revenues will pay for the war. It will only cost us a few billion....trust us!
    Rumsfield.....sometimes you just have to go to war with the army you got, not the one you wish you had!......trust us!
    US House of Reps........296-133
    US Senate...........77-23

  9. #39
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Well, sometimes its ok to *think* before launching a war.

    As for the pirates, all I know is there are several pirates with one more hole in their heads than Allah gave them, and that's a good thing. Spin it how you want, they were dealt with appropriately.

    Not a spin dnf, but if your guy has to dither and worry about hurting the feelings of a quartet of Somali sea thugs intent on killing an American, it doesn't exactly instill confidence in what he'd do in a full-scale attack like 9-11. Not to mention treating wars like tea parties where enemies' feelings and dignity are more important than winning.

    But carry on, at least we both agree dispatching 3 of the 4 pirates was a feel-good moment, even if I needed to remind you we have the U.S. Navy and not the POTUS to thank for that.

  10. #40
    Senior Member tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ogden Utah
    Posts
    848

    Default

    I'm a life long registered Republican, but a policy of "NO" too everything just doesn't cut it with me. Hell the Republicans even voted down a bill that was sponsored by Republicans just because the great "potus" thought it was a good idea!
    End result is that I will cross party lines this year.

    If you don't bother to vote, you ain't got a complaint commin'
    "there is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance --- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •