The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How do YOU choose?

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    I'm a life long registered Republican, but a policy of "NO" too everything just doesn't cut it with me. Hell the Republicans even voted down a bill that was sponsored by Republicans just because the great "potus" thought it was a good idea!
    End result is that I will cross party lines this year.

If you don't bother to vote, you ain't got a complaint commin'

Uh Huhhh!!

You all happy and giddy with Obama are ya???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I'm a life long registered Republican, but a policy of "NO" too everything just doesn't cut it with me. Hell the Republicans even voted down a bill that was sponsored by Republicans just because the great "potus" thought it was a good idea!
    End result is that I will cross party lines this year.

If you don't bother to vote, you ain't got a complaint commin'
    I've voted for my share of republicans also, but this does seem over the top. Them voting down the aid for the 911 first-responders is a real ding on the character of the republican party.

Julie, he's not "my guy" by any means. There's plenty of room for criticism, but his handling of the pirates was not out of line in my book. Of COURSE the Navy did the deed. you don't expect Obama to shuttle out there with an M-16 personally do you?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Uh Huhhh!!

RK
    Not at all, but not a bit happy with the "obstructionist" Republican response.
    At least Obama has been trying to do something, the RNC has been bent on doing nothing, which is worse.
    In case you hadn't noticed, our US Senator will not be on the ballet this year.
    Last edited by tom; 10-05-2010 at 01:41 PM.
    "there is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance --- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

Uh Huhhh!!

RK
    this is so exemplary of how exclusionary the far right has become! Thanks for the example, RK! You can't *possibly* be a *real* republican and say something like that!!!

If you want to keep your RNC card in your wallet, you had better tote a gun to a tea-party rally and wear insulting t-shirts and carry anti-gov't signs with you! And whatever you do, don't show any signs of free- or critical thought process! Just do and say what party leadership tells you to. (ie Rush, Beck, Hannity)

Thank you for beign so brave, Tom!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Not at all, but not a bit happy with the "obstructionist" Republican response.
    Couple things,

#1--Some of the crap needs to be "obstructed."

#2--In your household ( a small country/business) what do you do if you do NOT have the funds to do something??

At my house we don't spend money we don't have on stuff we don't need.

You may wish such and such a project had more, but there is no more.

That's the way it is, it's time to stop.
    It's a shame we can not find out where the waste really is.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    this is so exemplary of how exclusionary the far right has become! Thanks for the example, RK! You can't *possibly* be a *real* republican and say something like that!!!

If you want to keep your RNC card in your wallet, you had better tote a gun to a tea-party rally and wear insulting t-shirts and carry anti-gov't signs with you! And whatever you do, don't show any signs of free- or critical thought process! Just do and say what party leadership tells you to. (ie Rush, Beck, Hannity)
    Thank you for beign so brave, Tom!
    Where did I say that??

Put me back on ignore.....PLEASE!!!!!

Pretty much dialed in on what Republicans all are???

Well let's see what happens in November.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Where did I say that??

Put me back on ignore.....PLEASE!!!!!

Pretty much dialed in on what Republicans all are???

Well let's see what happens in November.

RK
    the last paragraph was my editorial. It was never ascribed to you. You did, however, call someone out for voicing displeasure with the rep congress, questioned their claim of being a republican, and questioned his "giddiness" with Obama, did you not? Exemplary!

Why would I put you back on ignore? I learn more and more about the inner workings of the modern RWE by reading your posts. Very interesting.

Couple things,

#2--In your household ( a small country/business) what do you do if you do NOT have the funds to do something??
    RK

Start a war with someone who has nothing do do with my predicament, and apply for even more credit cards and run my debt even higher and higher, and give the bill to my kids to pay?

Oh, never mind. I was having a nightmare that I was a recent republican administration.

Couple things,

#1--Some of the crap needs to be "obstructed."

At my house we don't spend money we don't have on stuff we don't need.

You may wish such and such a project had more, but there is no more.

That's the way it is, it's time to stop.
    It's a shame we can not find out where the waste really is.

RK
    Just who was it that let businesses get "too big to fail"? (We USE to have antitrust laws in this country)
    Who was it that suggested that we give them OUR money so that they wouldn't?

Don't you dare blame Obama for that!!!!
    Last edited by tom; 10-05-2010 at 01:55 PM.
    "there is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance --- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    I certainly don't want a druggie in an elected position, but I think it's been abundantly proven that the war on drugs is an epic failure. Despite untold billions spent over the last 40 years drugs are more firmly entrenched in society in general and organized crime in particular than at any point in history. The more I read about Mexican cartels, drug lords and ghetto gangs, the more I think we should just legalize all of their product, tax hell out of them and let people kill themselves if they want. Taxing would generate plenty of money to help those that wanted to help themselves. While the thought of more meth addicts and crack heads roaming the streets is frightening, if their drug of choice was legal they'd be far less likely to kill you for a dime bag. And, unlike drunks, stoners don't hold up liquor stores and beat their wives.

IMO - those constituencies that benefit the most from drug wars are the LE folks. They have zero interest in doing a good job, just do enough to keep the dollars flowing. Sort of like prostitution, if it were legal it would prove to be a real revenue generator - could probably pay of the National Debt .

We've become a society where the protected classes--those unwilling or unable to take personal responsibility--are fast overtaking those who are. Certainly there will always be wards of the state who cannot live unassisted, but we need to decrease the ranks of those who can, but choose not to. Not continue to coddle them with handouts, quotas, dumbing down education, and policies designed to encourage them to breed.

Don't disagree with what you say - I personally do not know how anyone with a modicum of self respect would place themselves in a position to be beholden to anyone.

As for gays, I really don't care what they do in their bedrooms although I'd rather not know about it. Personally I think don't ask don't tell is a dandy policy for anyone's sex life unless I was married to or plan to marry the person. I'm personally not in favor of gay marriage and certain other government-mandated morality issues, but not enough to vote against a candidate whose platform otherwise aligned with mine.

My only experience with those of the alternate life style was during my assignment at Offutt AFB during the Korean conflict. Omaha was full of them & they frequented the nightclubs. Omaha at the time was a major entertainment stop, Chicago - Omaha - Denver - Vegas was the routine. So we got to see ALL the big names of the time if there was an interest. They were very aggressive & I have never forgotten that. The neat thing was the cops in Omaha looked the other way when those people were on the receiving end of a serious thrashing & they soon learned to leave us GI's alone.

That they believe it is OK for them to be around children is beyond my comprehension. The ACLU's work on their behalf has turned off many potential donors so sometimes organizations who support their agenda reap what they sow.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!