The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How's That Obamacare Doing...

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    My only observation is these actions can add nearly 1,000,000 to the list of uninsureds rather than reducing the number which is one of the goals of Obamacare. These are just the beginning. I've said it before on this forum, Obamacare will likely double the number of uninsureds, not reduce it as supposedly intended.
    I thought I should point this out. Per Gallup today, the percentage of uninsureds adults has increased from 14.9% to 16.8% since the passage of Obamacare.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Mike, could be related to more unemployed?

As more people become insured by virtue of Obamacare, some that were insured will end up uninsured because they can't afford it; or smaller employers will cease offering it if the costs are prohibitive.

If unavailable from employers, mid-income, young, healthy people will opt for the "penalty" since it will be less expensive than the insurance. When they get sick & take coverage (since there is no penalty involved there), costs will increase for those who have been paying for insurance all along (even if they stayed pretty healthy & didn't need it).

Net result: for those who maintain insurance now & continue to do so, costs will continue to increase because those who don't have insurance, or delay getting it until they need it, will still be added to the costs of those who do pay for their insurance.

I don't think we'll see cost savings from preventative care that equal the added costs unless cancer, accidents and heart disease are controlled. Only way they might be able to do that is to do something effective about the most common causes of those health issues.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.