The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Great myth

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Writing a post, and having it be true are two very different things.

This is your opinion, or spin, nothing more.

RK
    You are absolutely right. However, I also read their original article and know, as a consequence, that all of the unemployment numbers they cite as evidence of failure exclude all people employed by the New Deal programs.

FDR ran on a platform of putting people to work, and he did. Those people didn't starve and contributed to the non-government economy as they spent the money they earned. That is not a matter of opinion. Also, at a time when people were working for almost nothing, families were being split up because children couldn't be fed, and people were dying of exposure in tent cities, I find it hard to believe that our world would have been better off had wages fallen an additional 25%. However, that is exactly what the authors are advocating.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post

FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate

o
    I feel blessed that after 80 years someone was finally born in the US that can tell us what really happened back then. Just goes to show how stupid everyone else has been for the last 8 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    You are absolutely right. However, I also read their original article and know, as a consequence, that all of the unemployment numbers they cite as evidence of failure exclude all people employed by the New Deal programs.

FDR ran on a platform of putting people to work, and he did. Those people didn't starve and contributed to the non-government economy as they spent the money they earned. That is not a matter of opinion. Also, at a time when people were working for almost nothing, families were being split up because children couldn't be fed, and people were dying of exposure in tent cities, I find it hard to believe that our world would have been better off had wages fallen an additional 25%. However, that is exactly what the authors are advocating.
    My Mom & Dad lived thru that time.

Makes me pretty grateful for all I have.
    Yet I long for what they had, for it is GONE.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

In 1930 my dad made $17.50/week working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. And, someone thinks he should have made 25% less?!?!?

Yet I long for what they had, for it is GONE.
    Yup,,,, they had a 1 room tarpaper shack with no running water. Life was grand!
    Last edited by tom; 10-05-2010 at 06:42 PM.
    "there is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance --- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    In 1930 my dad made $17.50/week working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. And, someone thinks he should have made 25% less?!?!?

Yup,,,, they had a 1 room tarpaper shack with no running water. Life was grand!
    I guess I have to explain........

They had values, they had morals, they knew right from wrong, people cared for each other.......very rare in todays world.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I guess I have to explain........

They had values, they had morals, they knew right from wrong, people cared for each other.......very rare in todays world.

RK
    My parents have values and morals. My wife, kids any myself have values. My friends have values. Most all of the people I surround myself with have values and morals. Even the people I choose to hire and contract have values.

Where do you live? I choose not to dwell on negativity, and look for the good in people. Its out there, you just have to open your eyes and mind.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I also have to say that the people I meet on a day to day basis have strong values, work hard, and give generously. My kids and even my 7 year old granddaughter are the same. My grandson, at age 4, gets a bit of a pass, but is learning quickly. The weak link may be my own generation, the boomers who grew up in the 60's and 70's.

Please put me back on ignore.
    That post is pathetic, as usual it's always about YOU and some kind of cheap shot.
    You totally missed the point, well, actually you didn't but you have to do what you do.
    Those people had tremendous character.
    Don't even think about comparing yourself to my Dad, where do YOU live?

PLEASE put me back on ignore.........

RK

You need to lighten up.

If you asked your parents or grandparents, or any generation, they would say the world is going to hell in a handbasket, politicians are morally corrupt, and the younger generation is lost!

Get real. Do you think we're the first generation to think things are terrible?

For some people, things are ALWAYS doom and gloom. For others, life is bliss. For most people working and getting by, life has its good days, and its bad days. Its where you choose to dwell that defines your character. I won't make any judgements, but rather let your comments speak for themselves.

Peace--
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I also have to say that the people I meet on a day to day basis have strong values, work hard, and give generously. My kids and even my 7 year old granddaughter are the same. My grandson, at age 4, gets a bit of a pass, but is learning quickly. The weak link may be my own generation, the boomers who grew up in the 60's and 70's.
    Here is a surprise, this wasn't about you or little Yardley, it was about those that lived through those times and their character.
    One could not possibly have what they had unless they lived thru those things.
    I would have to say my Dad had pretty good character, I don't see many today that match him.

As usual, you two must pick and tear at an honest comment that meant no disrespect to anyone and huge respect for those mentioned.

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    You need to lighten up.

If you asked your parents or grandparents, or any generation, they would say the world is going to hell in a handbasket, politicians are morally corrupt, and the younger generation is lost!

Get real. Do you think we're the first generation to think things are terrible?

For some people, things are ALWAYS doom and gloom. For others, life is bliss. For most people working and getting by, life has its good days, and its bad days. Its where you choose to dwell that defines your character. I won't make any judgements, but rather let your comments speak for themselves.
    Peace--
    I didn't say things were terrible, that is your comment Mr. Positive....I said I admired their chharacter.

Yours speak volumes about you.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis