The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama, Bought And Paid For by Wall St.

Default Obama, Bought And Paid For by Wall St.

So far, a very informative book as I am only into a couple of chapters.

http://polizeros.com/2010/09/17/boug...book-on-obama/

A top reporter exposes the deep ties between the Obama administration and the big banks that are bankrupting our country.

As the recession continues, President Obama has chastised the "fat cats" who feast off government bailout money while unemployment remains high and smaller businesses struggle.

But according to Gasparino, Obama is faking his outrage, and his calls for new policies to rein in banks that are "too big to fail" are just pabulum. In reality, Obama has climbed into bed with Wall Street CEOs, giving them what they want so they will support his liberal, big-government agenda. As a result, the big banks responsible for the credit crisis get rescued, while small businesses and ordinary Americans get crushed by higher taxes and irresponsible spending.

Gasparino draws on interviews with dozens of key CEOs and political players to trace the roots of Wall Street's twisted love affair with one of the most liberal presidents in American history. He shows how, for decades, big banks and big business have colluded with big government, thereby laying the groundwork for today's shady dealings, and how the same bankers Obama now publically reprimands have supported him-not because he promises change, but because he promises business.

Written in Gasparino's characteristic smart yet no-nonsense style, this book is both an exposť and a wake-up call to all Americans to strike back against the people and policies that are ruining our country.

http://www.intellectualconservative....d-wall-street/
    Last edited by Franco; 10-06-2010 at 12:28 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

That clearly explains what happened here:

(I watched Gasparino on CNBC for years. He's an idealogical blow hard. Don't miss him a bit since he moved over to FOX Business.)

Wall Street-Related Political Contributions Shift Toward Republicans

By Dave Levinthal on August 10, 2010 4:03 PM

Financial firms and the people who work for them are increasingly donating their political cash to Republicans, according to a preliminary Center for Responsive Politics analysis of second-quarter federal campaign finance data.

The Center's preliminary study indicates that political action committees and individuals associated with the broad finance, insurance and real estate sector have given more money to federal-level Republican interests during every month since December. The gap continued to grow during that time, reaching its widest point in June.

Such a shift away from Democratic candidates -- darlings of Wall Street interests for much of 2009 -- coincides with Democrat-driven financial reform legislation that President Barack Obama signed last month.

Contribution trends toward Republicans is particularly pronounced in the securities and investment industry, the Center finds.

During March 2009, people and PACs associated with this industry directed 70 percent of their federal-level contributions to Democratic candidates, party committees and leadership PACs.

By June, such numbers had practically flipped, with preliminary figures indicating Republican interests had received 68 percent of all federal-level contributions from this industry.

Individuals associated with these industries, such as company executives and middle managers, are the primary drivers of a Republican campaign donation shift, the Center's research indicates.

For example, in June, political action committees sponsored by securities and investment firms and trade groups almost evenly split their federal-level political contributions between Democrats and Republicans, preliminary figures show.

But individuals working within this industry in June favored federal-level Republicans with $7 for every $10 spent. That's a significant departure from the beginning of 2009, when individuals working in this industry favored Democratic interests with $6 for every $10 spent on federal-level political interests.

The recent change in political preferences among individual employees in the securities and investment industry is shown as follows

]

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/wall-...to-republicans
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

According to Bloomberg Buisness Report, the Dems are still the darlings of Wall St.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...publicans.html

Why would Wall St abandon Obama/Barney Frank/Chris Dodd? They just past Reform that didn't address Too Big To Fail. The recent reform bill had more to do with stepping up Affirmative Action on Wall St, Whistleblower program and growing the Federal Government.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Buzz, your graph looks like obama's approval rating!
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    According to Bloomberg Buisness Report, the Dems are still the darlings of Wall St.

Why would Wall St abandon Obama/Barney Frank/Chris Dodd? They just past Reform that didn't address Too Big To Fail. The recent reform bill had more to do with stepping up Affirmative Action on Wall St, Whistleblower program and growing the Federal Government.
    This from the article you posted (which was published back in April):

Wall Street helped give a fundraising edge to Democratic committees and candidates. Employees in the securities and investment industry made $34.3 million in donations last year, about the same as in 2007, with 62 percent going to Democrats, the party’s largest share in a non-election year in the 20 years of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics, a Washington-based research group.
    If you look at my chart, you'll see that the flip occurred last spring.

If you were a CNBC junkie like me, you'd hear a lot of complaining from Wall Street about FIN REG.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Last time I looked I had real money in my 401k, so I want wall st to do good! Don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Last time I looked I had real money in my 401k, so I want wall st to do good! Don't you?
    Big government crawling in bed with WS fat cats creates a platform for the WS hot shots to remain WS hot shots. It is nothing more than insurance. The fat cats stay fat and remain too big to fail. WS pumps money to the party or parties that will ensue return on investment. They hedge their bets by contributing heavily to both major parties.

You don't really think the millions flowing from Wall Street to the politcal sharks are intended to benefit small private investors, do you?

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post
    Big government crawling in bed with WS fat cats creates a platform for the WS hot shots to remain WS hot shots. It is nothing more than insurance. The fat cats stay fat and remain too big to fail. WS pumps money to the party or parties that will ensue return on investment. They hedge their bets by contributing heavily to both major parties.

You don't really think the millions flowing from Wall Street to the politcal sharks are intended to benefit small private investors, do you?

fp

ok, so if the money is now flowing to the Republican party, who most on this forum want to overturn the Democratic majorities in the house and senate, i guess that means it's going to be status quo after this election?

i would expect that will mean that the folks on here that call themselves conservatives will still be unhappy. maybe more so.

unity on this forum at last! i can't wait!-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I'll gamble on the NFL before I'll try and guess which stocks and the market in general are being manipulated by the big money movers on WS.

The stock values mean little today the way they bounce up and down with wild swings. That tells me there is no stability. The market is nothing more han a bunch of money movers trying to out smart thier peers. Screw 'em, there are much better places to save and earn real money.

And to answer Paul about the Republicans. Yes! They are just as guilty. The problem with the Dems is the growth in the Fed Gov and the massive spending that creates zero wealth or any real jobs. Let alone the pending Health Care disaster.

So far, a very informative book as I am only into a couple of chapters.

http://polizeros.com/2010/09/17/boug...book-on-obama/

A top reporter exposes the deep ties between the Obama administration and the big banks that are bankrupting our country.

As the recession continues, President Obama has chastised the "fat cats" who feast off government bailout money while unemployment remains high and smaller businesses struggle.

But according to Gasparino, Obama is faking his outrage, and his calls for new policies to rein in banks that are "too big to fail" are just pabulum. In reality, Obama has climbed into bed with Wall Street CEOs, giving them what they want so they will support his liberal, big-government agenda. As a result, the big banks responsible for the credit crisis get rescued, while small businesses and ordinary Americans get crushed by higher taxes and irresponsible spending.

Gasparino draws on interviews with dozens of key CEOs and political players to trace the roots of Wall Street's twisted love affair with one of the most liberal presidents in American history. He shows how, for decades, big banks and big business have colluded with big government, thereby laying the groundwork for today's shady dealings, and how the same bankers Obama now publically reprimands have supported him-not because he promises change, but because he promises business.

Written in Gasparino's characteristic smart yet no-nonsense style, this book is both an exposť and a wake-up call to all Americans to strike back against the people and policies that are ruining our country.

http://www.intellectualconservative....d-wall-street/
    George Soros bought and paid for Obama!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis