The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Yep, pot isn't a gateway drug...

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    As you mentioned, the seeds and technology do exist, and are being implemented in other countries. Its just a matter of time before the food industry lobbyists get it legalized here.

Crop production has increased exponentially in our lifetime, and will probably continue to do so. Nothing is free however, and the price for ultra-high-yield crops is often nutrition or environmental. The amount of iron in commercially grown apples is something like 20% of apples from the WWII era, when records of such things began.
    Hmmm, makes you wonder if Big Ag would get into pot production and weed seed engineering/patents. Just to tie this all together.

While I do feel for families like Charly's with family members whose lives were made worse because of weed abuse, I still tend to think abusers are in the minority compared to alchohol abusers. And as I mentioned earlier in this thread, weed smokers certainly have no monopoly on being trifling, horny and stupid. Some people are like that whether or not they abuse a legal or illegal substance. Unfortunately, I think it's been abundantly and expensively proven you can't legislate common sense and personal/familial responsibility. The very bottom rung of society is made up largely of those who've abdicated decision-making to the government.

Interestingly, the subject of legalizing weed has been on the news here in the D.C. area extensively, since four states are putting it to a vote this fall: Calif., one of the Dakotas, Oregon and Arizona. The desperate need for infusions of cash is cited as the main reason for the push to legalize what's already their largest cash crop. D.C. recently legalized weed for medicinal purposes, and it's legal in about a dozen other states as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Hmmm, makes you wonder if Big Ag would get into pot production and weed seed engineering/patents. Just to tie this all together.

While I do feel for families like Charly's with family members whose lives were made worse because of weed abuse, I still tend to think abusers are in the minority compared to alchohol abusers. And as I mentioned earlier in this thread, weed smokers certainly have no monopoly on being trifling, horny and stupid. Some people are like that whether or not they abuse a legal or illegal substance. Unfortunately, I think it's been abundantly and expensively proven you can't legislate common sense and personal/familial responsibility. The very bottom rung of society is made up largely of those who've abdicated decision-making to the government.

Interestingly, the subject of legalizing weed has been on the news here in the D.C. area extensively, since four states are putting it to a vote this fall: Calif., one of the Dakotas, Oregon and Arizona. The desperate need for infusions of cash is cited as the main reason for the push to legalize what's already their largest cash crop. D.C. recently legalized weed for medicinal purposes, and it's legal in about a dozen other states as well.
    California is voting for Legalization. The other dozen states are still dealing with Decriminalization. And, some states want to make the MJ laws even tougher!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The other dozen states are still dealing with Decriminalization.
    HAHAHA apparently decriminalization's not a big concern in D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    HAHAHA apparently decriminalization's not a big concern in D.C.
    DC has approved Medical MJ but they still have to deal with Decriminalization along with a dozen states.
    http://blog.mpp.org/medical-marijuan...el-8/08072010/
    Though a dozen states have approved medical MJ, possession of small amounts is still criminal.

But, as many are predicting, the nation will go the way of California in legalization. It may take another few years as big pharma and the world's major distillers have a massive war chest (cash) to fight it.

P S
    One of my coworkers is starting kimo therapy and is moving to Ca. for treatment and leaving his family here till he returns in about a year.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-12-2010 at 02:37 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

The terminator gene has never been used anywhere on this planet commercially. It has been in experimental plots (thus your confusion). You cannot buy seed containing the terminator gene anywhere on this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by scott furbeck View Post
    The terminator gene has never been used anywhere on this planet commercially. It has been in experimental plots (thus your confusion). You cannot buy seed containing the terminator gene anywhere on this planet.
    What planet do you have to go to to get some??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Just my two pennies. I never touched a cigarrette, until I quit smoking pot to join the Marine Corps. I just recently stopped smoking cigarrettes I can breathe again and feel better. Never did any other hard drugs, did shrooms alot but honestly they are found in cow $hit around here. Please forgive me, while the rest of america spends their weekend drinking and driving. Ill take my scooby snacks and sit at home or train dogs or go fishing or a walk with the wife and dog, while other people destroy their liver.

Sticky green regards.

The gene is not for sale. It was originally bought from Delta and Pine Land (a cotton company). It is a completely novel way of turning on and off transgene expression, Monsanto bought it.... to maintain a good patent position in this area. Most genes out there are not for sale, and may never be.

Actually those folks who are against transgenics should like this gene. It turns off any transgenes by rendering the seed sterile, so unlike an ealier post it, It DECREASES spread of transgenes outside of the field. It's not easy for the average guy to understand all this stuff, it is not intuitive. I live it every day, the regulations are just like a drug company (actually even worse). If you are interested in more of this stuff you can PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Research backs up your assesment that it is not a Gateway drug. People that go on to other drugs would do so with or without pot. Research also shows that most pot users don't drink and those that do opt for wine over harder booze. (see mpp.org).

Just as the ban of booze financed organized crime in this coutry, the ban on pot has financed the drug cartels into muti-million dollar crime syndicates. Whereas, decriminalization would allow for taxing and substance control.

California will legalize it in November which will allow them to tax it. Long the #1 cash crop in Canada, the Canadians are debating legalization as well. Interesting is that the states with higher educational levels support decriminalization whereas the less educated states in the south still attempt to enforce their Draconian laws.

Lets don't forget the medicinal benefits that pot delivers to Cancer sufferers.
    And people won't drive over 45mph on the highway.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.