The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 99

Thread: Yep, pot isn't a gateway drug...

  1. #11
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    OR, just enforce the law and not allow drugs in any venue.

    ..
    right, so why apply a double standard, rather than just do as you say, and enforce the law, even at the medical mj clinic? It sound like they did just that, or will be shortly. No problem with that.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    right, so why apply a double standard, rather than just do as you say, and enforce the law, even at the medical mj clinic? It sound like they did just that, or will be shortly. No problem with that.
    I am thoroughly confused. How did I advocate a double standard in any way?

  3. #13
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    just a hypothetical:

    who would you rather be seated with at a wedding reception- a guy who smoked a joint on the way to the dinner from the church or a mean drunk pounding down the Jack Daniels?

    just because it's legal or illegal doesn't necessarily dictate whether their behavior is going to be acceptable or not.-Paul
    That's a no-brainer! Anyone but the obnoxious drunk.

    And, speaking of gateways, just think of the people that don't drink booze because they prefer pot.

    If anything should be outlawed, it should be booze.

    When was the last time a man beat his spouse under the influence of pot?
    Or, wrecked a speeding vehicle or couldn't keep a job because of pot? Yet, we as a society condone a much more harmful substance with booze because it is part of the older culture. Why is the booze lobby/industry spending so much money to fight California's attempt to legalize it? Because they know people will gravitate to a less harmful substance!
    Last edited by Franco; 10-07-2010 at 11:01 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  4. #14
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Well, I remember bowling alley restrooms and under the bleachers at highschool football games, kids smoking funny looking cigarettes. Maybe these "gates" should be banned as well?

    Maybe you guys are both to the left of me on this, but I think big goobermint should stay out of my life, my house, and my garden. I don't need big brother to protect me from myself!

    Oh, I almost forgot to mention that EVERY rock concert I've been to had "vendors" peddling various intoxicants. Maybe we should extend the "gate" logic and outlaw rock concerts and probably 75% of country western concerts, since associating with these crowds may lead to marijuana use, crack use, ultimately, the demise of all who attend.

    Please put me back on ignore.

    This has nothing to do with the OP and even less to do with my answer.
    I said nothing about "banning" anything.

    Never.......

    I identified how it can be a "gateway drug."

    BTW---are you sure you remember all that stuff?


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #15
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I am thoroughly confused. How did I advocate a double standard in any way?
    Didn't mean to imply YOU said that. In general though, that argument has been used to counter any efforts to legalize marijuana for medical purposes or otherwise.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  6. #16
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Please put me back on ignore.

    This has nothing to do with the OP and even less to do with my answer.
    I said nothing about "banning" anything.

    Never.......

    I identified how it can be a "gateway drug."

    BTW---are you sure you remember all that stuff?


    RK

    Very big of yourself to assume I was responding to you. Don't mean to burst your bubble, and if its any consolation, I WAS ignoring you!

    You're too entertaining to put on ignore....I just choose not to respond most of the time.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Oh God, not this debate again. Those people ruin it for people like myself that are legitimate card holders. They know its gonna get legalized, they are just making extra on the side. The price per oz will go down but not as much as people would like it too.
    The Governator just sign a bill that will make posessing an OZ a hundred dollar fine.
    12buzz.com

  8. #18
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    just a hypothetical:

    who would you rather be seated with at a wedding reception- a guy who smoked a joint on the way to the dinner from the church or a mean drunk pounding down the Jack Daniels?

    just because it's legal or illegal doesn't necessarily dictate whether their behavior is going to be acceptable or not.-Paul
    Paul gets it. Half a century and untold billions of dollars wasted on the war on drugs, and there's probably more pot in this country than ever. How many stoners punch out someone they disagree with at a party? Go out and rob a liquor store at gunpoint because they ran out of weed? Shoot someone over a North Face jacket or a pair of Nikes? And most of the stoners that get pulled over for DUI are noticed because they're driving too slow. Personally, I'm favor of legalizing pot, crack, meth and all of them; people are going to abuse substances whether or not they're legal or they start out by booze or a "gateway" drug. Think of the money we'd save plus the tax revenue; we could probably have free health care.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Paul gets it. Half a century and untold billions of dollars wasted on the war on drugs, and there's probably more pot in this country than ever. How many stoners punch out someone they disagree with at a party? Go out and rob a liquor store at gunpoint because they ran out of weed? Shoot someone over a North Face jacket or a pair of Nikes? And most of the stoners that get pulled over for DUI are noticed because they're driving too slow. Personally, I'm favor of legalizing pot, crack, meth and all of them; people are going to abuse substances whether or not they're legal or they start out by booze or a "gateway" drug. Think of the money we'd save plus the tax revenue; we could probably have free health care.
    Julie you are making way too much sense!

    The war on drugs in nothing but hysteria. The money can certainly be put to better use like boarder security. Plus, we would not only get the street level pushers off the streets we would be arresting fewer people meaning tax payers would be saving $82,000 per prisoner per year in incarseration cost. Tax it and spend a small fraction on what we now spend on the war on drugs towards Drug Education. Cost savings will also occur if those suffering with pain were allowed to smoke pot as opposed to taking expensive medications with harmful side effects.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The war on drugs in nothing but hysteria. The money can certainly be put to better use like boarder security.
    We wouldn't need as much border security if we took away the profit from the Mexican narco-cartels. Anyone read about that lake on the Tex/Mex border they control, and how they shot a vacationing couple that was boating on the lake? Just saw a short blurb in our news; I think they shot the husband and the woman was trying to get his body back to the U.S. side while they were shooting at her but had to abandon him to save her own life. I think it was last week. It sickens me that these criminals are not only crossing the border with ease, they're killing Americans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •