The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yep, pot isn't a gateway drug...

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    We wouldn't need as much border security if we took away the profit from the Mexican narco-cartels. Anyone read about that lake on the Tex/Mex border they control, and how they shot a vacationing couple that was boating on the lake? Just saw a short blurb in our news; I think they shot the husband and the woman was trying to get his body back to the U.S. side while they were shooting at her but had to abandon him to save her own life. I think it was last week. It sickens me that these criminals are not only crossing the border with ease, they're killing Americans.
    I heard about that story. It sounded awfully fishy to me as soon as I heard it. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there was some foul play on her part.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Cost savings will also occur if those suffering with pain were allowed to smoke pot as opposed to taking expensive medications with harmful side effects.
    Bingo!
    That, my friend, and the millions of pharma lobbyist dollars, are the reason it's not legal. Expensive pain meds, VERY expensive anti-nausea meds, and VERY VERY expensive anti-anxiety and anti-depressive meds would ALL be displaced, and we can't have Pharma lose its profits now, can we?

This is yet another reason that the recent supreme court decision to liberalize campaign contribution laws and tranparency (opacity, as it may be) are terrible. Several years ago it came out that south american drug cartels were funnelling money into elections. Their profits would evaporate if drugs were legalized, and they probably have more vested interest in keeping drugs illegal to support black market prices. It would be nice to know if any pesos were trickling into campaign coffers for that reason.

OTOH, I understand Frito-Lay has lobbied for its legalization...
    Last edited by dnf777; 10-07-2010 at 01:37 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I heard about that story. It sounded awfully fishy to me as soon as I heard it. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there was some foul play on her part.
    When I heard the 911 call she made, I got that same feeling in my gut, that something was amiss. Can't put my finger on it, but it was a strong feeling.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I am only opposed to the legalization of harder drugs as they actually do harm. Pot does nothing to you, no withdrawls, dts or the sort. No one has ever died from it, unlike the others.

The defination of insanity is trying to teach people like Dknwork that there is not any harm over and over again. They will never believe the cold hard facts about pot. Even if it comes out in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Too much too lose on all parties for it to become legal. I would only like to see it legalized in all 50 states for people like me, Cancer Patients and the others that have terminal diseases.

Colon Cancer patient and survivor for 2 years
    12buzz.com

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes a great notion View Post
    I am only opposed to the legalization of harder drugs as they actually do harm. Pot does nothing to you, no withdrawls, dts or the sort. No one has ever died from it, unlike the others.

The defination of insanity is trying to teach people like Dknwork that there is not any harm over and over again. They will never believe the cold hard facts about pot. Even if it comes out in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Too much too lose on all parties for it to become legal. I would only like to see it legalized in all 50 states for people like me, Cancer Patients and the others that have terminal diseases.

The Spirits/Beer Lobby in California are spending several million trying to fight legalization by voters. The Pharma lobbist are doing billboards and a direct mail campaign against legalization. California has already Decriminalized and now moving to Legalization.

Because it is being put to a vote, they both realize they will lose by a substanial margin and will relocate efforts to N Mexico and the northeastern states where Decriminalization is supported by the vast majority.
    Last edited by Franco; 10-07-2010 at 02:27 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The part you are not seeing is that the pot brought you into the culture where other drugs were common and easily accesible.

The "GATE" if you will.

RK
    That's true. And it is because pot is / was "illegal" that people who use it are forced through that gate.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Very big of yourself to assume I was responding to you. Don't mean to burst your bubble, and if its any consolation, I WAS ignoring you!

You're too entertaining to put on ignore....I just choose not to respond most of the time.

Really....then why did you quote me???
    YOU said YOU put me on ignore.
    So...really you didn't??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by road kill
    The part you are not seeing is that the pot brought you into the culture where other drugs were common and easily accesible.

The "GATE" if you will.

RK

Originally Posted by dnf777
    Well, I remember bowling alley restrooms and under the bleachers at highschool football games, kids smoking funny looking cigarettes. Maybe these "gates" should be banned as well?

Maybe you guys are both to the left of me on this, but I think big goobermint should stay out of my life, my house, and my garden. I don't need big brother to protect me from myself!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that EVERY rock concert I've been to had "vendors" peddling various intoxicants. Maybe we should extend the "gate" logic and outlaw rock concerts and probably 75% of country western concerts, since associating with these crowds may lead to marijuana use, crack use, ultimately, the demise of all who attend.
    get your storys straight, or is the "GATE" kinda cloudy!!!

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 10-07-2010 at 08:23 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

I had rotator cuff surgery a few weeks ago, and have been smoking pot since then. At first the Doc had me on oxycodone, and I believe that I was taking less of those then I would have without the weed, Now he has me on vicodin, and I just smoke a little weed instead of taking those. Hadn't smoked any for about ten years before surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Really....then why did you quote me???
    YOU said YOU put me on ignore.
    So...really you didn't??

get your storys straight, or is the "GATE" kinda cloudy!!!

RK
    Sounds like somebody is smoking something.....and its not me!

I don't touch the stuff anymore. A good red wine or homebrew is my flavor now. Can't afford that kind of trouble at this stage.

The criminalization of MJ is silly. Someday we will look back on this chapter much as we do prohibition. I shudder at the billions of dollars spent on the war on drugs, that could have been MUCH better spent.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes a great notion View Post

NEWS FLASH--We completely agree. Please point out when I have ever said that I am opposed to medical marijuana. Hint-You might be looking for a while.