The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yep, pot isn't a gateway drug...

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Sounds like somebody is smoking something.....and its not me!

I don't touch the stuff anymore. A good red wine or homebrew is my flavor now. Can't afford that kind of trouble at this stage.

The criminalization of MJ is silly. Someday we will look back on this chapter much as we do prohibition. I shudder at the billions of dollars spent on the war on drugs, that could have been MUCH better spent.
    Let's see, first you claim you put me on ignore, but really you didn't.

Then you accuse me of being an old drunk.

Then you quote me, but claim you were not talking to me.

Now I am a pothead.

You are special.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Now I am a pothead.

You are special.

RK
    Since you are on ignore, I'll quote this so Dave can see it...

Regarding the name calling, I wonder if he is this wishy washy when he is trying to decide between cheese puffs and corn chips because he's got the munchies?

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Since you are on ignore, I'll quote this so Dave can see it...

Regarding the name calling, I wonder if he is this wishy washy when he is trying to decide between cheese puffs and corn chips because he's got the munchies?
    Balai Hai, Ripple or Boones Farm???

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 10-08-2010 at 07:37 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Why is Marijuana not legal? Itís a natural plant that grows in the dirt. You know whatís not natural? 80 year old dudes with hardons! Thatís not natural but we got pills for that. Were dedicating all our medical resources to keeping old guys erect. And putting people in jail for smoking something that grows in the dirt.

My favorite internet rant, by lazyboy. Click this, turn it up! My view on a few world topics right here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahlWufJqcSQ

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post

My favorite internet rant, by lazyboy. Click this, turn it up! My view on a few world topics right here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahlWufJqcSQ

That is great. Thank you for posting it.

Jmtc, Duck, I think you were drawing the wrong inference from this news story. That is, People (sellers) who have made the choice to engage in criminal acts are likely to make more bad choices & try to make the most of the opportunity while they have the chance. First, they were probably selling some of the smoke to folks who had faked or no prescriptions as well as their legal customers. Then, since they're already breaking the law doing "that", might as well go the next step. Where there is a market/demand, someone will try to fill that need and profit from it.
    As RK alluded to, because pot is illegal in most cases, it's users are "in the community" with users of other illegal substances.
    "Hey man, you know where to score some crystal/blow?"
    "Nah, but maybe the guy I get weed from knows where ...."
    and vice versa.

But selling meth & coke out of a place that's already going to be on a high profile police watch list? .
    "Hey man, are you stoned or just stupid?" In this case I think it was the latter.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Why is Marijuana not legal? It’s a natural plant that grows in the dirt. You know what’s not natural? 80 year old dudes with hardons! That’s not natural but we got pills for that. Were dedicating all our medical resources to keeping old guys erect. And putting people in jail for smoking something that grows in the dirt.

BRILLIANT!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Now I am a pothead.

You are special.

RK

Sorry if I don't abide by your net-iquette!

But apparently you and duck have a reading disability. Let me say this again: You're far too entertaining to keep on ignore. And secondly, I merely stated I personally don't touch that stuff, and frankly, I don't give a rat's behind if you, or anyone else does or doesn't. If you think I lay awake at night wondering what RK's vices are, you're in for a big disappointment!

Think what you want, but please, stop putting your words into my posts.

And I have not called any names or insults here, so please don't run to Chris and tell on me! he's got bigger fish to fry.

And Duck, cheese puffs are far worse for you than a herbal smoke. If you get the munchies, I would suggest broccoli and cauli bites.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Why is Marijuana not legal? Itís a natural plant that grows in the dirt. You know whatís not natural? 80 year old dudes with hardons! Thatís not natural but we got pills for that. Were dedicating all our medical resources to keeping old guys erect. And putting people in jail for smoking something that grows in the dirt.

You got it all wrong, Ken. Its used to keep old men in nursing homes from rolling out of bed and hurting themselves.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Jmtc, Duck, I think you were drawing the wrong inference from this news story. That is, People (sellers) who have made the choice to engage in criminal acts are likely to make more bad choices & try to make the most of the opportunity while they have the chance. First, they were probably selling some of the smoke to folks who had faked or no prescriptions as well as their legal customers. Then, since they're already breaking the law doing "that", might as well go the next step. Where there is a market/demand, someone will try to fill that need and profit from it.
    As RK alluded to, because pot is illegal in most cases, it's users are "in the community" with users of other illegal substances.
    "Hey man, you know where to score some crystal/blow?"
    "Nah, but maybe the guy I get weed from knows where ...."
    and vice versa.

But selling meth & coke out of a place that's already going to be on a high profile police watch list? .
    "Hey man, are you stoned or just stupid?" In this case I think it was the latter.
    No, your post was my entire point exactly. You said it much better than I did.