The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Yep, pot isn't a gateway drug...

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Sorry if I don't abide by your net-iquette!

But apparently you and duck have a reading disability. Let me say this again: You're far too entertaining to keep on ignore.No reading problem, but it's much too fun to screw with you and watch you get bent out of shape. And secondly, I merely stated I personally don't touch that stuff, and frankly, I don't give a rat's behind if you, or anyone else does or doesn't. If you think I lay awake at night wondering what RK's vices are, you're in for a big disappointment!

Think what you want, but please, stop putting your words into my posts.

And I have not called any names or insults here, so please don't run to Chris and tell on me! he's got bigger fish to fry.I feel pretty confident that if someone called you a drunk or a pothead, you'd have a meltdown. Don't give if you can't take.

And Duck, cheese puffs are far worse for you than a herbal smoke. If you get the munchies, I would suggest broccoli and cauli bites.
    So do you have a hard time deciding between broccoli or cauliflower?

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    So do you have a hard time deciding between broccoli or cauliflower?
    I've been called far worse that a pothead here, Duck. Insulted far worse too. Don't really care.

No broc or cauli, I'm thinking mudbugs this time of year. I found a farm that will ship live, overnite, to PA. We got full fall colors, clear blue skies, and about 70 degrees.......you'll have to pardon me if I don't respond too quickly this w/e!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Research backs up your assesment that it is not a Gateway drug. People that go on to other drugs would do so with or without pot. Research also shows that most pot users don't drink and those that do opt for wine over harder booze. (see mpp.org).

Just as the ban of booze financed organized crime in this coutry, the ban on pot has financed the drug cartels into muti-million dollar crime syndicates. Whereas, decriminalization would allow for taxing and substance control.

California will legalize it in November which will allow them to tax it. Long the #1 cash crop in Canada, the Canadians are debating legalization as well. Interesting is that the states with higher educational levels support decriminalization whereas the less educated states in the south still attempt to enforce their Draconian laws.

Lets don't forget the medicinal benefits that pot delivers to Cancer sufferers.
    That was my point, and I believe I have experience on my side.

I had forgotten that I didn't drink when I smoked pot. I didn't start drinking until after I quit doing pot. Alcohol was almost as much trouble as the coke was.

I'm not saying there are no bad effects from pot. It destroys your ambition and drive. All you want to do is get stoned and watch a movie.

I'm just saying that even if there was no pot they would do those other drugs eventually.

I don't believe people should go to jail for pot. Simple. We spend way too much money over something that is less harmful to society than alcohol.

Here is a question for you. Pot smoking is rampant. Do you agree or disagree? With the prevalence of pot smoking how come we aren't hearing about all of the deaths caused by high people? Cause there aren't any to speak of?
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

I'm not saying there are no bad effects from pot. It destroys your ambition and drive. All you want to do is get stoned and watch a movie.
    Hmmm ... so it may actually damage some lives in a very subtle way?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Leddyman View Post
    That was my point, and I believe I have experience on my side.

I had forgotten that I didn't drink when I smoked pot. I didn't start drinking until after I quit doing pot. Alcohol was almost as much trouble as the coke was.

I'm just saying that even if there was no pot they would do those other drugs eventually.

I don't believe people should go to jail for pot. Simple. We spend way too much money over something that is less harmful to society than alcohol.

Here is a question for you. Pot smoking is rampant. Do you agree or disagree? With the prevalence of pot smoking how come we aren't hearing about all of the deaths caused by high people? Cause there aren't any to speak of?
    First, let me say how much I appriciate the honesty of your post.

I agree that it is rampant. I think the reason it is so popular is that it is a better buzz than booze, without the side effects. To answer your second question, we don't hear or read about it because pot smokers do so to relax or as a physical pain killer. Therefore they arn't out driving dad's pickup truck at 80mph's or getting into fights/trouble. The are other uses/benefits I will get into in a bit. That is what is so stupid about the current law. To treat pot like cocaine or any like drugs makes absolutley no sense!

Just like teas, pots grown under controlled envirns can offer different medicinal qualities. In my younger days, I founded it hard to sleep at night because of my busy mind. So, I started smoking what I call, Sleepytime. Problem was when I didn't have any to smoke at bedtime, I couldn't fall asleep! There are blends engineered for; pain, sleep, appetite stimulants, and laughing. Which we all know how bad laughing is.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I dont have a problem with drive and ambition while smoking. I work more than 50 hours a week not including the weekends.

Besides thaat if you were a true pot smoker, sativa dominant plants create an uplifting high and energy, while your indica strains are more of a body high and can put you down right quick.
    12buzz.com

I have read all this thread very carefully. One of my thoughts is that drugs ( pot, meth etc.) and booze have different effects on different people just like prescription drugs do. I have had family members whoes lives have been ruined by some of this. We native Americans seem to have a big problem with these things. Not just my family either.........we sat through foster parenting classes with other people of our Oklahoma tribes and one young woman ( not my tribe, plains Indian if I remember correctly ) told of how drugs had made a shambles of her life. She and her current ( native American husband ) were living a "clean " life and ready to help children who came from homes who had problems ( including bad drugs ). You all can sit and tell how they should be legalized all you want but they will ruin some people. Yep, make them legal and watch what happens. True it will cure some problems with jails etc. but at the cost of lives in some cases........just like booze has. I can see using the mj for meds in some cases though.

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I have read all this thread very carefully. One of my thoughts is that drugs ( pot, meth etc.) and booze have different effects on different people just like prescription drugs do. I have had family members whoes lives have been ruined by some of this. We native Americans seem to have a big problem with these things. Not just my family either.........we sat through foster parenting classes with other people of our Oklahoma tribes and one young woman ( not my tribe, plains Indian if I remember correctly ) told of how drugs had made a shambles of her life. She and her current ( native American husband ) were living a "clean " life and ready to help children who came from homes who had problems ( including bad drugs ). You all can sit and tell how they should be legalized all you want but they will ruin some people. Yep, make them legal and watch what happens. True it will cure some problems with jails etc. but at the cost of lives in some cases........just like booze has. I can see using the mj for meds in some cases though.
    I am sorry about your experience. Here's a question. Which lives is it not going to ruin because it is illegal? I'll tell you whose it will ruin. the guy who goes to jail for having an OZ in his house. His life is ruined. The people you are talking about can get it anyway. The fact that it was illegal didn't save anybody. If we spent the money on drug education that we are spending fighting a loosing battle on criminalizing it we might make some progress. It worked on smoking cigarettes. Those numbers are way down.
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

I get what all of you are saying, Leddy, but where do we stop. Do we make all the drugs ( Mary Jane, coke, meth, heroin ) all legal ? If not we are still going to have someone pedaling drugs outside the law. I'm all for education.
    just think that we still have some things to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I get what all of you are saying, Leddy, but where do we stop. Do we make all the drugs ( Mary Jane, coke, meth, heroin ) all legal ? If not we are still going to have someone pedaling drugs outside the law. I'm all for education.
    just think that we still have some things to consider.
    The addictive characteristics of a drug should be the deciding factor. Nicotine, alcohol, amphetamines, all have physiologic addictions. Marijuana does not. There are not physical withdrawals, and people do not tend to resort to violent acts to obtain their next fix, like meth, crack, and heroin users will.

I agree with Leddy. Money would be far more effectively used in education, rather than enforcement. I think this holds true even for the addictive drugs, as Leddy points out. I can't really say I support legalizing the bad ones though, but mj seems silly to me. Especially in light of the fact alcohol is legal.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!