The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: september jobs

Banned

Default september jobs

down 95,000!!

didnt biden say we would be adding 500,000 a month by now?? yeah, lovin that recovery summer!

this proves they have no clue what they are doing. i agree with stuart varney - the dems shot themselves in the foot by not voting on the tax cut extensions. who wants to hire when the future is so uncertain? who wants to have to lay off who you just hired when taxes go up again next january??

idiots idiots idiots

U6 unemployment grew to 17.1% and a society built around a ponzi-keynesian scheme like we have will eventually collapse with those high numbers. We're very close. Our deficit for the fiscal year just ended will be around $1.3 trillion dollars so a nice job by President Deficit and Vice President Bite-Me. Maybe we can get Speaker Pelosi to issue some more food stamps to grow the economy. Keep your pantry stocked because we're doomed with this crew.

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    down 95,000!!

didnt biden say we would be adding 500,000 a month by now?? yeah, lovin that recovery summer!

this proves they have no clue what they are doing. i agree with stuart varney - the dems shot themselves in the foot by not voting on the tax cut extensions. who wants to hire when the future is so uncertain? who wants to have to lay off who you just hired when taxes go up again next january??

idiots idiots idiots
    You should actually be happy. Government jobs were down about 160,000 (offset by a growth in private sector jobs). Isn't that cut in government spending what you wanted? You can't have it both ways. As governments move to cut their deficits, public sector jobs will decline along with public services. Of course, we could make the deficit much worse by voting to extend those tax cuts. There is virtually no evidence that the original tax cuts helped increase employment. I don't think their expiration will cause a decline. The reality is that the bulk of the jobs created by economic growth over the last decade have been in other countries.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    You should actually be happy. Government jobs were down about 160,000 (offset by a growth in private sector jobs). Isn't that cut in government spending what you wanted? You can't have it both ways. As governments move to cut their deficits, public sector jobs will decline along with public services. Of course, we could make the deficit much worse by voting to extend those tax cuts. There is virtually no evidence that the original tax cuts helped increase employment. I don't think their expiration will cause a decline. The reality is that the bulk of the jobs created by economic growth over the last decade have been in other countries.
    i dont care how you try to spin it, it is a huge failure. govt jobs down? how many were temporary anyway?

the fact is the stimulus was supposed to be adding jobs in the private sector by now and it isnt. whether the tax cuts bush did created jobs or not is not the issue, what IS the issue is that small business will not hire right now for fear of a tax increase in january, or at least uncertainty because the democrats left without voting. they knew that if they voted to let the cuts expire they would lose votes in november, so they cut and run and this is what happens.

and i am sick and tired of hearing obama say that "they took 6 years to mess things up and expect me to fix it overnight".

no, mr obama, we dont. but we do expect a corrected course, and it hasnt happened. we do expect what you promised - and unemployment went WAY above 8% when you said if the stimulus was approved it would not go above 8%. and biden "is the fellow who promised last summer that by now wed finally have hundreds of thousands of new jobs being created every single month, thanks to all the stimulus spending that he promised was shovel-ready 19 months ago. He said nothing was more important to him and the co-worker he calls Barack than that three-letter word: J-O-B-S."

[QUOTE=david gibson;687416]i dont care how you try to spin it, it is a huge failure. govt jobs down? how many were temporary anyway?

and i am sick and tired of hearing obama say that "they took 6 years to mess things up and expect me to fix it overnight".

You're right Dave, I agree. Now that I"ve admitted that, please tell me how long should we give a newly-branded republican congress to fix everything and restore jobs and economic prosperity to America. Lets assume they take the house and senate in 2010....is 2012 a reasonable time frame to expect full recovery...partial recovery? And if we're still in the economic doldrums come 2012, who do we put in the driver's seat then?

In all honesty, can YOU admit that the republicans had 6 years of unfettered republican congress/WH policy, and didn't do very well? And please, just like you don't like folks to blame Bush for everything, PLEASE don't blame 911 for everything either.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

[quote=dnf777;687421]
    i dont care how you try to spin it, it is a huge failure. govt jobs down? how many were temporary anyway?

A small share of the jobs lost were temporary census jobs. The bulk of the losses were permanent state and local government jobs: police, teachers and such who have been fired to balance budgets. There is pretty widespread agreement that the stimulus program created a lot of jobs in both the private and public sectors. One of the issues we are facing now is that these jobs are beginning to disappear as stimulus funds run out. In my mind, containing the deficit is now becoming more important than continuing to try to stimulate growth through government action. That means I oppose most efforts to increase government stimulus spending and I oppose most moves to extend tax cuts that would add to the deficit.

I believe that governments should operate on strict pay-go procedures going forward even if that results in higher unemployment, as I believe it will. That means no actions on taxes that are not "financed" by other spending and revenue actions, and no new spending that is not financed through revenue or spending actions. I do not care how justified the spending or tax cuts may be. They must be financed. The deficit for the last year is lower than the deficit in the year before. The deficit over the next year needs to be much lower still. The fact is that, as reported by the CBO today, 37% of every dollar spent by the Federal government over the last year has come from borrowing. That number needs to move back toward zero.

I actually hope like he!! that the republicans retake the house and senate.

I'm voting for the republican house candidate here in South Dakota.

I figure that if Herseth is going to pretend to be a republican, we may as well have a real one in there.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

[QUOTE=dnf777;687421]

You're right Dave, I agree. Now that I"ve admitted that, please tell me how long should we give a newly-branded republican congress to fix everything and restore jobs and economic prosperity to America. Lets assume they take the house and senate in 2010....is 2012 a reasonable time frame to expect full recovery...partial recovery? And if we're still in the economic doldrums come 2012, who do we put in the driver's seat then?

In all honesty, can YOU admit that the republicans had 6 years of unfettered republican congress/WH policy, and didn't do very well? And please, just like you don't like folks to blame Bush for everything, PLEASE don't blame 911 for everything either.
    OK, I'll give this a try.

Right or wrong, I think (that's the key word here, think, I don't have a link, these are my thoughts), that if (and I say IF) the Republicans win the Senate & House we will see some confidence growth.
    Right now both sides economist are saying hiring is on hold due to Congress not voting on the tax cuts.
    Again, not argueing the merits, just an observation.

If a Republican house votes to maintain the cuts and Obama does not override them, we may see a jump in hiring.

Again, not argueing right or wrong, just my thoughts about what could happen and likely will.

This will not solve every thing, but it's a step in the right direction (IMO).

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Hiring Republicans in November won't do anything except slow down the death train. The keynesians infiltrated them, too. There are few differences between Bush-Greenspan and Obama-Bernanke.

Take an ax to entitlements and do it now before it's too late. In five short years (at current pace) out national debt will approach 20 trillion dollars. Our society will collapse before this happens. Nuke the Fed and take an ax to entitlements and maybe we have a chance.

But it will never happen.

We live in Cuba now.

Then we can have a Libertarian utopia, just like Somalia.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)