The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: september jobs

but we do expect a corrected course, and it hasnt happened.
    And the "corrected course" would be???????

So far all I hear is that everyone wants a tax cut!!!!

Well tell me, in the last 6 years just what jobs did the "Bush tax cuts" produce?????
    The facts are that taxes have not, nor will they ever be what produces jobs!
    "there is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance --- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post

Well tell me, in the last 6 years just what jobs did the "Bush tax cuts" produce?????
    What produces jobs? And How?

My favorite is:

In the US, businesses pay the highest taxes of those in anywhere in the world.

The thing is, after all the write-offs, exemptions, loopholes, and shelters written into the tax code, what exactly does American business pay.

Maybe Jeff can find that!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    My favorite is:

The thing is, after all the write-offs, exemptions, loopholes, and shelters written into the tax code, what exactly does American business pay.

Businesses pay taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    My favorite is:

Statutory rates are very high, but when I was a partner at one of the major accounting firms, none of our clients paid close to the statutory rate. Studies of consistently profitable Fortune 500 companies suggest that the average tax paid is around half the statutory tax because of the effects of various loopholes. For small businesses, a similar pattern is found, with average tax rates of 17-20%. (See, for example, http://www.reclaimdemocracy.org/corp...es_plummet.php and http://www.sba.gov/advo/research/rs343.pdf) A GAO study estimates the dollar weighted average tax rate paid by US companies for US source income at about 25% and the tax paid on foreign source income at 2-3%. (http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d08950.pdf)

Personally, I tend to believe we should eliminate corporate income taxes but also treat all dividend and capital gain income as ordinary income. That would eliminate the double taxation now paid on corporate profits ad also treat income earned from labor the same as income earned from wealth.

How about the first 6 years of the Bush administration aka the time where republicans actually had any say in the government. During this period Bush created over 2 million jobs. How much Since 2007 when the dems took over has been lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    How about the first 6 years of the Bush administration aka the time where republicans actually had any say in the government. During this period Bush created over 2 million jobs. How much Since 2007 when the dems took over has been lost.
    Republicans have plenty of say in government.

The most prominent being - NO
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Well, 2 million jobs over six years is slower than jobs have been growing for as long as anyone can remember. It works out to less than 28,000 jobs per month, or a small fraction of what is needed to handle normal population growth.. For comparison, private sector jobs under Obama have increased almost 900,000 since last December, or about 90,000 per month, a level that is clearly too anemic, but more than three times what happened under Bush. Over the full eight years of his Presidency, the total number of jobs grew 1.1 million under Bush. That compares with 22 million new jobs during the eight years of the Clinton Presidency. Republicans have never been that interested in jobs for anyone but themselves, and it has shown in their policies. (http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...clinton-presi/)

EDIT: To add a little context, total non-farm job growth under Bush was 1.1 million jobs. Government job growth was 1.5 million jobs. Private sector jobs actually declined during his presidency! (http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet)
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 10-08-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Well, 2 million jobs over six years is slower than jobs have been growing for as long as anyone can remember. It works out to less than 28,000 jobs per month, or a small fraction of what is needed to handle normal population growth.. For comparison, private sector jobs under Obama have increased almost 900,000 since last December, or about 90,000 per month, a level that is clearly too anemic, but more than three times what happened under Bush. Over the full eight years of his Presidency, the total number of jobs grew 1.1 million under Bush. That compares with 22 million new jobs during the eight years of the Clinton Presidency. Republicans have never been that interested in jobs for anyone but themselves, and it has shown in their policies.

Can you cut and paste a link telling how many jobs have been created (net of course) in the last 2 years?

Or does that matter??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Can you cut and paste a link telling how many jobs have been created (net of course) in the last 2 years?

Or does that matter??

RK
    Approximately 3.25 million jobs have been lost since Obama became President. Total employment peaked at about 138 milion jobs in December 2007. 6.4 million jobs were then lost over the next 13 months of Bush's presidency. Almost 4 million jobs were lost over the balance of 2009, and the total number of jobs has grown over 500,000 since then. Government jobs dropped 100,000 in the first 11 months of the Obama Presidency and have dropped another 250,000 jobs during 2009. The rate of job loss began declining as soon as the stimulus program was adopted in March 2009. but job growth did not begin until the beginning of 2010. Private sector jobs have grown consistently since then with a net loss of government jobs, despite the temporary addition of 500,000 census workers.

BTW, the "authoritative" source of employment data is the Bureau of Labor Statistics. You can request customized tables and get the results directly from their database. I looked at seasonally adjusted, non-farm total employment and total government employment. You can also customize the time period of data reported for any period since 1939. The link is shown in my prior post.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 10-08-2010 at 05:39 PM.