The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Wow! $800,000

Banned

Default Wow! $800,000

Looks like FedEx is going to ship me $800,000. I wonder if it will be in ones or if it will be an eight hundered thousand dollar bill?

Please contact us back with the below information for
    the delivery of your draft of $800,000.00 ( Eight
    Hundred Thousand) usd.
    1.First name:
    2.Last Name:
    3.Telephone:
    4.Nationality:
    5.Age:
    6.Occupation:
    7.Address:
    FEDEX WEST AFRICA PROMO FOR CUSTOMERS
    EMAIL: fwareach@fastservice.com
    Your replies must be sent to this address.
    Regards,
    FedEx Award Team.
    Notification From FedEx

I often wonder just how many people fall for these scams. Many years ago before these scams were common a very nice sounding young woman called and asked me if I would answer some questions for a survey. She asked some very "bland" questions that sounded legit then she asked one question that did not sound good to me. She started to ask about our use of credit cards. My answer was "Sorry, this survey is over" click. Then recently after hubby had some medical problems which resulted in tests etc. a company called which was using a name just exactly like a local elderly care organization. It sounded legit to as they started off asking him about his recent health problems etc. Sounded like a doctor might have reffered us for some help.
    Turned out it was an insurance company wanting to sell us more insurance. I reported it. It turned out they were a legit company but their lead in made
    me leary. Guess I suspect everyone anymore.

If it's still floating around on the net "busted up cowgirl" is a good read.

Hay, I've got a bunch of GM stock, you interested?????
    "there is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance --- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I often wonder just how many people fall for these scams. Many years ago before these scams were common a very nice sounding young woman called and asked me if I would answer some questions for a survey. She asked some very "bland" questions that sounded legit then she asked one question that did not sound good to me. She started to ask about our use of credit cards. My answer was "Sorry, this survey is over" click. Then recently after hubby had some medical problems which resulted in tests etc. a company called which was using a name just exactly like a local elderly care organization. It sounded legit to as they started off asking him about his recent health problems etc. Sounded like a doctor might have reffered us for some help.
    Turned out it was an insurance company wanting to sell us more insurance. I reported it. It turned out they were a legit company but their lead in made
    me leary. Guess I suspect everyone anymore.

If it's still floating around on the net "busted up cowgirl" is a good read.

It only takes 1!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It only takes 1!!

RK
    Yep, according to P.T. one is born every minute.........or maybe one every second. Forgot the exact quote but if it was one every minute back then I'm sure it is more now what with the population increase. I find my mind is less active every year so I may be one of those suckers in the near future. I
    already know I'm not good at picking stocks nor investing in some other ways so.........I'm thinking 'buy land'. One can as a cousin of my husband said "a peson can always plow it up and plant 'taters". VBG

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I often wonder just how many people fall for these scams.
    There was an episode of Intervention a while back where there was a man who fell for this stuff over and over and over. He lost a ton of money. I'd say it happens more than you might think it would.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    There was an episode of Intervention a while back where there was a man who fell for this stuff over and over and over. He lost a ton of money. I'd say it happens more than you might think it would.
    Well I have known a couple of older people who fell for some sales pitch that I would not have thought they should be fooled by. I think the older people are taken in by more of this than middle age. Now some of the younger ones are just without a clue. So maybe the scammers are doing well.