The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yo yardley....

Banned

Default yo yardley....

since you seem to be from the psychedelic age before me - ever heard of this guy?? (be honest)

Last edited by david gibson; 10-08-2010 at 09:45 PM.

I think Mr. Yardley actually is "Wavy Gravy!!"
    http://www.wavygravy.net/

He and I may be the oly 2 that know who he is.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Sorry guys. The extent of my knowledge of "Wavy Gravy" is from looking at the web site linked by RK. Never heard of him, maybe because I didn't live in the country during the 60's, and was too busy supporting myself and my family during the 70's.

Wavy Gravy certainly marches to the beat of a different drum, but that's not necessarily bad. Wasn't he one of the guys from The Hog Farm that busted his butt feeding kids at Woodstock?
    I know enough, I just can't think of most of it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by biggeorge50 View Post
    Wavy Gravy certainly marches to the beat of a different drum, but that's not necessarily bad. Wasn't he one of the guys from The Hog Farm that busted his butt feeding kids at Woodstock?
    '

yup, that was him. along with my late oldest sister who was also an original hog farmer and was there at his side serving food.

"what we have in mind is breakfast in bed for 400,000"

[QUOTE=david gibson;687803]since you seem to be from the psychedelic age before me - ever heard of this guy?? (be honest)

Is that a self-portrait? Never heard of groovy woovy or who ever. Not my crowd.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

[QUOTE=dnf777;688351]
    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    since you seem to be from the psychedelic age before me - ever heard of this guy?? (be honest)

Is that a self-portrait? Never heard of groovy woovy or who ever. Not my crowd.
    you may want to tone that down until you know the man. as a child, he lived near albert einstein in princeton and took neighborhood walks with him as albert had a fondness for the vivacious kid. he is a quintessential hippie, but with a huge heart. he developed a tye-dye clown persona thinking he was safer delivering his message of peace and love and all that, and in the long run segued into developing some impressive accomplishments with world poverty as it affects children. here is one effort he founded:

http://www.seva.org/site/PageServer

so, he is not such a bad guy afterall.

hey - you gotta be SOMEBODY if ben and jerry's names a flavor after you, right?

still wanna make fun og him?

[QUOTE=david gibson;688359]
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

you may want to tone that down until you know the man. as a child, he lived near albert einstein in princeton and took neighborhood walks with him as albert had a fondness for the vivacious kid. he is a quintessential hippie, but with a huge heart. he developed a tye-dye clown persona thinking he was safer delivering his message of peace and love and all that, and in the long run segued into developing some impressive accomplishments with world poverty as it affects children. here is one effort he founded:

http://www.seva.org/site/PageServer

so, he is not such a bad guy afterall.

hey - you gotta be SOMEBODY if ben and jerry's names a flavor after you, right?

still wanna make fun og him?
    Who's making fun? I've never heard of the guy. Too nice outside to google all day.
    I just did check out his website, and found a link to these shirts.......you're right....he's not such a bad guy afterall!

Last edited by dnf777; 10-10-2010 at 07:07 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

[QUOTE=dnf777;688363]
    Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post

Who's making fun? I've never heard of the guy. Too nice outside to google all day.
    I just did check out his website, and found a link to these shirts.......you're right....he's not such a bad guy afterall!

whooooped-t- do. i didnt agree with my late sisters politics either, but i respected them.

only you would be so classless as to push this issue.

[QUOTE=david gibson;688378]
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

whooooped-t- do. i didnt agree with my late sisters politics either, but i respected them.

only you would be so classless as to push this issue.
    LMAO.....

Being called "classless" by the one and only.......I feel privileged!

I post a funny t-shirt being "pushed" by your man, and I get accused of "pushing an issue"??

Too much, Dave...too much!

ps....he does look just like your picture though....you sure that's not you?