The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yardley, Puppy watch update please

Glad your chocolate dream girl so doing well.

Terri

Hey marvin,

do ya get it?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

LOL! I haven't checked this forum in quite some time. Nicest subject for a thread in a while. Glad to see your pup and momma are doing well Jeff.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Hey marvin,

do ya get it?

JD
    Not a watcher of this particular brand of TV - though I do know who this guy is.

About two years ago this was my status among the locals - not that I minded as few peoples opinions are of import to myself. But it seems I was right in my stand though by myself, can't wait to attend a few FT's in the Spring, maybe some of those folks can tell me what crow tastes like .

Do you understand that little you say means much to me?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Not a watcher of this particular brand of TV - though I do know who this guy is.

About two years ago this was my status among the locals - not that I minded as few peoples opinions are of import to myself. But it seems I was right in my stand though by myself, can't wait to attend a few FT's in the Spring, maybe some of those folks can tell me what crow tastes like .

Wash. Biol. Surv.

Only you Marv, only you.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Jeff,

I haven't been on here in quite a while. I'm glad to see you have a new pup, and it's doing well.

Phillip

.....well.....
    how bout some fresh photos??????
    what is the news?
    will you be able to let her play with other
    pups so she can learn how to be a puppy??
    and Mom?
    comeoneman!
    Marvin has not bitched for a few days now!!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Sometimes, when you focus too much on what you hoped would happen, you can fail to appreciate what actually did. Sola may well turn out to be one of those little miracles to remind us that the things we didn't anticipate can be pretty darn good. As of this morning, day 7 of her life, she weighed in at 2 3/4 pounds, or 44 ounces. That compares with a maximum weight of 30-31 ounces for the largest 7 day old Lab puppies that I have ever had (out of ~ 80). However, she is not fat, just precocious. She is already beginning to lift her body up in the first signs of walking, and she is hard to hold when you pick her up. Early neurological stimulation is pretty much out the door except as something I do to exercise myself. Sola is quite stimulated enough.

Still a little early to see signs of Mon and Dad:

Last edited by YardleyLabs; 10-18-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    As for it not being nice, I fall in the being brutally honest crowd, saves a lot of time remembering what you last said. But Thank You anyway, Ken .
    Honesty without sensitivity is brutality.

Kind Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Marvin has not bitched for a few days now!!
    Ken, have spent the last few days on the farm - sunup to sundown - like you, he works hard - only it's harvest time 365 days of the year!

But in 15 more days I will be posting a POTUS PLACE item on the main forum & will expect all of you who were so critical to support my right to do same .

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Honesty without sensitivity is brutality.

Kind Regards,

Joe S.
    Agree!

Got an email while gone to the farm from someone who formerly worked in our group

Quote Originally Posted by SF
    Over the last couple of years, it seems your name always comes up when we talk about working for XXXXXX (not always in the most flattering of terms, but it does come up). No matter how you slice it, you did make an impression on both of us that has lasted over the past thirty + years. I have to admit that in my career I have occasionally felt it necessary to deflate a rookie Engineer's ego for taking too much credit for good work that largely came to him from others. At such times, I would issue a "Sundstrom-esqe snort of" - Good Ore makes Good Operators". Since none of these guys had a clue as to what I was talking about, the required explanation was a good way of getting the point across.
    With it was an attachment:

Quote Originally Posted by GB
    For no particular reason I can remember that you once looked at something I had done & said "This is very good". That might be the first, & last, time anyone said that to me.........
    The 1st quote is from someone whom I constantly discussed the skills of communication with -

The 2nd is from a young man whom I counseled to move somewhere where he would be appreciated. I do not give out praise lightly & everyone recognized that.

So there are times when not saying something that requires saying is also wrong. As you can see from the comments made by these, at the time, young men starting their Engineering careers that required something be said.

The reason they can say "not in the most flattering of terms" is they now recognize I did not care what they thought, I was interested in molding them into productive adults. Which happened .

So when JD makes his attempt at disparaging remarks , it becomes water off a duck's back.

Glad to see you taking the time to post - your side of the fence could use the talent upgrade . Have a nice day!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!