The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nominations held up by the senate

Originally Posted by subroc

Does the Nobel Prize have the same standing it once did?

Hasn't it become a left wing prize for expounding left wing ideas and ideals rather than a prize of merit?

after all, obama was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

They very well could be lacking experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    So you think Glen Beck should recieve a nobel prize?
    Left field reference...

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Also there is a huge difference in nobel peace prize and nobel prize....
    There is also a common thread. Both are Nobel.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Not so quick. She is holding out for more and will get it sooner or later

Just before the Senate broke for the midterm election recess, Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., put a hold on the nomination of Jacob "Jack" Lew to be the director of the Office of Management and Budget, saying she would only release it when the Obama administration lifted the moratorium.
    Despite the administration's announcement, Landrieu refused Tuesday to lift her hold on the president's nomination of Lew.

"I applaud the administration for taking a step in the right direction by lifting the deepwater drilling moratorium," Landrieu said. "Today's decision is a good start, but it must be accompanied by an action plan to get the entire industry in the Gulf of Mexico back to work. This means that the administration must continue to accelerate the granting of permits in shallow and deep water, and provide greater certainty about the rules and regulations industry must meet. I strongly believe that we can do this safely and swiftly."

Instead of releasing her hold, which has blocked a vote on Lew, Landrieu said, "I will take this time to look closely at how Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement is handling the issuing of permits and whether or not drilling activity in both shallow and deep water is resuming. "

"When Congress reconvenes for the lame duck session next month, I will have had several weeks to evaluate if today's lifting of the moratorium is actually putting people back to work," Landrieu said.

Sen. David Vitter, R-La., offered a similarly wary reaction.

"I guess this is movement in the right direction, but it's painfully slow," Vitter said. "It's clear that President Obama is going to preside over a continuing de facto moratorium for months or years, with new drilling held back to a fraction of previous levels. I'll keep fighting until real drilling happens and jobs are actually created.
    Landrieu has always been a lukewarm democrat at best. However, if holding up the budget director nomination until after the November elections helps her to get reelected, I doubt that the administration will complain at all. Current polls suggest that picking this fight has been a very smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Landrieu has always been a lukewarm democrat at best. However, if holding up the budget director nomination until after the November elections helps her to get reelected, I doubt that the administration will complain at all. Current polls suggest that picking this fight has been a very smart move.
    Mary has always been popular in her district which is heavily black and has never been seriously challenged for her seat.

Now, she is getting support from Republicans in the state which she has never had before.

Our other Senator R-La David Vitter just secured his relection last week when he was verbally attacked by several pro-amnesty groups for refering to illegal aliens as illegal aliens.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Mary has always been popular in her district which is heavily black and has never been seriously challenged for her seat.

Now, she is getting support from Republicans in the state which she has never had before.

Our other Senator R-La David Vitter just secured his relection last week when he was verbally attacked by several pro-amnesty groups for refering to illegal aliens as illegal aliens.
    You are correct that she has never been seriously challenged. However, Rasmussen showed her in a statistical tie not that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Originally Posted by subroc

Does the Nobel Prize have the same standing it once did?

Hasn't it become a left wing prize for expounding left wing ideas and ideals rather than a prize of merit?

after all, obama was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

They very well could be lacking experience.

Left field reference...

There is also a common thread. Both are Nobel.

There is no common thread other than the word Nobel

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    You are correct that she has never been seriously challenged. However, Rasmussen showed her in a statistical tie not that long ago.
    A lot of folks in La. were not too happy that she voted for Obamacare even with the huge bribe she was able to obtain for the state. I don't think voters are still holding that aginst her since Obamacare will be overturned in the next 1 to 3 years.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson