The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This Is Our President?

I have read The Audacity of Hope, which I enjoyed and was instrumental in my decision to vote for Obama, and I have not read Dreams From My Father. Obviously, Gman's reprint of the email circulated widely during the campaign is a distortion -- a deliberate one. However, what is more interesting is that Obama's book are nothing like the campaign pablum books normally circulated as if they were literature.

Obama's books actually tell us a lot about the development and foundation of the character of a man whose experiences are, in their own way, uniquely American. Parts of the books are disturbing. Not because of the stages Obama went through while growing up. I worry more about those people who grow older without ever questioning the fundamentals of their lives. Those people grown older, but they don't grow up.

Rather, the things he went through reflect, in a microcosm, some of the realities of racial experience and identity in America. As such, the books are innately raw. They are neither white nor black, just like Obama. The amazing thing is that he said these things in a very open and honest manner, and discussed how they affected his view of the world and his character. The American people stunned the world, which had its own distorted notions of race in America, and elected Obama as President.

Beginning before the election, and continuing every day since then, there have been interests and individuals that have tried to define everything about Obama and his policies in racial terms. Those doing this have been both black and white. The problem is that Obama has always been both. He was both growing up and he is both today. I don't agree with a lot of what he has done as President, but I also support much that he has done. Among the best of the things he has done is the way he has approached race in his own life and in America. If we are lucky, some of the positives of that will outlast his presidency and skin color will bcome less and less relevant to anything over time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Not when responding to your silly accusations!
    Wow, you're pretty up-tight!
    Take a pill. Or whatever you do to relax.
    Better things to talk about....
    Have the last word...
    take a pill??? ummm...i train dogs to relax. i can appreciate that you dont understand what that is. after all you are a doctor - just tell folks to "take a pill" - you get your Rx kickbacks - cool!

ok, i will have the last word - THANK YOU! since your big tardley brother brought up post counts on me once, i'll play that card here. now, dont go saying you are pleased that i spent so much time researching you - i didnt. it took all of a minute and a half. took way longer to type it out.

NOW - in the month of october - the past 12 days - i have about 50 posts, close to evenly split between POTUS and the real RTF.

in the month of october - the past 12 days - YOU have some 90+ posts in RTF, ALL in POTUS. thats like 4 times my number of posts in POTUS over the same period. and pretty much all of them are retorts to others - in other words, pretty much ZERO posts of substance. nothing but attacks. in fact, you have started ZERO threads in all of october and only 7 in september. pretty much all of your posts are attacks in response on others, you have ZERO ability to bring an original thought in to the group, and ZERO of your replies have anything to do with retrievers in RTF. you have ZERO posts where you bring up a legitimate topic of political discussion. ZERO.

and you are a doctor???? a DOCTOR? really? at least i have an excuse, i work from home and have some time here and there. no doctor i know would have the free time you have - or are you just that good????? methinks not. you have over 8 posts per day average over your lifetime, me just 4+ (though i would prefer that be less, its far less that 8+!)

you have a nice looking dog in your avatar - is that all you got? a picture? obviously thats it, you have a very measly existence in RTF with respect to dogs and retriever training. isnt that what this place is all about??

just think - with all the time you spend posting - what if you were actually training??? imagine the possibilities!!!

what a piece of liberal work you are.

oh yeah - thanks again for giving me the last word! perhaps the smartest thing you ever did in your life......
    Last edited by david gibson; 10-12-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I have read The Audacity of Hope, which I enjoyed and was instrumental in my decision to vote for Obama,
    So you actually considered voting for McCain at some point?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Consider the source.
    Hear Ye, Hear Ye, The churlish fly-bitten vassal speaks. You'd do well to consider the source my my fine fobbing fastilarian friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    So you actually considered voting for McCain at some point?
    I considered voting for Hilary in the primaries, but went with Obama instead. I would have considered voting for McCain had he won the nomination against Bush. However, the position switches that McCain made in his effort to win the nomination in 2008 eliminated all respect I had for him before.

Puppy keeping you up?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I considered voting for Hilary in the primaries, but went with Obama instead. I would have considered voting for McCain had he won the nomination against Bush. However, the position switches that McCain made in his effort to win the nomination in 2008 eliminated all respect I had for him before.
    What you saw was the real McCain. The McCain you thought you knew before was a facade.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Puppy keeping you up?
    Indirectly. Momma decided she needed to go out, so all four of my girls had to go out. Momma decided that there might be predators around so she needed to crawl under the back of the house. I decided that the mud had to come off before she went back in the box. One thing led to another and 3 am became 4:30 before I was back in bed, only to wake up again at 5:30. It seems like he process should be easier with only one pup.

Teach her how to use and flush the toilet.