The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: A lesson in US politics.

Default A lesson in US politics.

Glenn Greenwald has a, what I believe a relevant and important article on the state of US politics. Many important dogmas and ideals are brought up that to me show how dysfunctional are system has become. It is not so much a left vs right article as it is something that shows what human nature is about and how a lot of us fall into the trap of unconditional loyalty to our leaders and the danger that entails.
    Something for both sides to chew on here

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...uity/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Glenn Greenwald has a, what I believe a relevant and important article on the state of US politics. Many important dogmas and ideals are brought up that to me show how dysfunctional are system has become. It is not so much a left vs right article as it is something that shows what human nature is about and how a lot of us fall into the trap of unconditional loyalty to our leaders and the danger that entails.
    Something for both sides to chew on here

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...uity/index.htm
    Linky no worky...

Sorry about that, here is the updated link

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...ity/index.html

Hmmm...what I gathered to be the jist of the article was the progressive author's dismay with the his fellow leftists/Democrat's bald-faced hypocrisy.

From the article:
    ...there is no shortage of Democrats and progressives who hurled all sorts of accusatory rhetoric at Bush and Cheney for -- as Hayden put it -- "state secrets, targeted killings, indefinite detention, renditions, the opposition to extending the right of habeas corpus to prisoners," etc., yet now either turn a blind eye to or actively defend Obama as he does exactly the same thing, and sometimes worse.
    Gee, there's is no shortage of progressives here on RTF who did/do the same thing. Don't make me name names.

And another:
    What's most bizarre about this claim ((that Obama now knows all the secrets Bush knew)) is that it amounts to a concession on the part of Obama supporters that Bush and Cheney were right all along, and Obama and other Democrats were wrong all along, about these disputes (now that Obama knows the secret Truth, he sees Bush and Cheney were right). But if that's true, then many, many Democrats -- beginning with Barack Obama -- owe Bush and Cheney a heartfelt, sincere apology for all the accusations they voiced over the years: accusations which, according to these Obama supporters, they now realize were unwarranted.
    Dead on.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Hmmm...what I gathered to be the jist of the article was the progressive author's dismay with the his fellow leftists/Democrat's bald-faced hypocrisy.

From the article:

Gee, there's is no shortage of progressives here on RTF who did/do the same thing. Don't make me name names.

And another:

Dead on.
    Well this lefty did in fact hurl those cry's of outrage at then Presiden Mr Bush. And is now holding the current Unitary Executive Mr Obama to an even higher standard. No hypocrisy. Still profoundly discouraged by those who swear an oath to defend the constitution and then use it for toilet paper.