The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Westboro Baptist church

Thumbs down Westboro Baptist church

Westboro Baptist church

Do these dill holes that call themselves the Westboro Baptist Church really think they are following the path of Jesus?
    There are times when all the freedom of speech and of religion are such a pain in the hind end! To angrily protest at our
    Fallen servicemen private ceremonies. And to goad and taunt the families is such a hateful way.
    I ask, how can they really think they are following the path of Jesus?
    Makes you just want to walk up and punch um in the face.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Westboro Baptist church

Do these dill holes that call themselves the Westboro Baptist Church really think they are following the path of Jesus?
    There are times when all the freedom of speech and of religion are such a pain in the hind end! To angrily protest at our
    Fallen servicemen private ceremonies. And to goad and taunt the families is such a hateful way.

Anyone who carries a poster saying "God hates so-and-so" really has no concept of God or Jesus.

These people are not only a disgrace to Christianity, but also to humankind in general.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I don't think anyone can answer that question without truely searching within themselves and asking what would I do if it were my child? I am a Christian, go to a Baptist church, fail to represent the Kingdom (sin) on a daily basis. I pray every day that I would do better tomorrow. Christians are not perfect, they are sinners like all the rest of society.

That being said, would I stand with this group as they protest, never in a million years. Furthermore, My son has been in U.S.Navy boot camp 7 days now, he will eventually get combat training for the MOS he has chosen, and may end up on the battle field some day. If my son were to die preserving the freedoms so many take for granted, and some dillholes showed up at his funeral protesting, I would be unable to remain on the path I hope to follow every day, I'm afraid a punch in the face wouldn't be where I'd stop if provoked. Am I better than they are? No. Do they think they are doing what Jesus would do? I don't see how. I'll pray for them today as I pray for my son, and all the service members who step forward to defend our freedoms and liberty, and I hope you will too.

I have only heard of the reports of these protesters, I purposely avoid watching news and media hype over this as It only causes my blood to boil. I also hold the media accountable for spreading this as a story when it affects a family of mourners at their weakest moments. If you have never been to a military funeral I suggest you go to one. I assure you it will have a lasting affect. You don't need to know the fallen to know why this (protesting) is wrong.

Congratulations on your son. I'm sure you're very proud of him!

Used to participate in military funerals at Texas A&M, in WWII cavalry uniform. Seeing the caison and empty boots in stirrups gives me goosebumps to this day when I think about it. A very solemn, sacred ceromony indeed.

If I ever saw these yahoos protesting as they do, and disrupting that sacredness for the family, I may not punch them myself, but would be happy to hold them down while the family DID!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Ive lost friends, actually, consider them family to me in OIF1, OIF2, and OEF, if i ever run across these people, there will be no more problem from them. Its worth it to me, because I've seen people give their lives for this country so we keep our freedoms. I sacrificed time and my freedom, much like others on this forum have, to do my part, because someone had the intestinal fortitude to do so for me.

Quote Originally Posted by black0989 View Post
    Ive lost friends, actually, consider them family to me in OIF1, OIF2, and OEF, if i ever run across these people, there will be no more problem from them. Its worth it to me, because I've seen people give their lives for this country so we keep our freedoms. I sacrificed time and my freedom, much like others on this forum have, to do my part, because someone had the intestinal fortitude to do so for me.
    DITTO

If it ever happens in front of me 2 things will occur.

#1--Someone will go to the hospital
    #2--Someone will go to jail

Either way, you won't have to deal with any more posts from me for a while.

Yep, I talk the talk, if you doubt I can walk the walk do what these people do or burn a flag in front of me.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Westboro Baptist church

I remember reading apiece of scripture where Jesus was standing over a woman condemning her to death for adultery ....wait no, that wasn't how it went.

John 8 " But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

I imagine the cult members of Westboro would have gleefully chucked a brick at her.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    DITTO

If it ever happens in front of me 2 things will occur.

#1--Someone will go to the hospital
    #2--Someone will go to jail

Either way, you won't have to deal with any more posts from me for a while.

Yep, I talk the talk, if you doubt I can walk the walk do what these people do or burn a flag in front of me.

RK
    RK

We agree on another thing, because I would be sharing that cell with you.

Sambo

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    RK

We agree on another thing, because I would be sharing that cell with you.

Sambo
    Well I have to say i never like posting in the POTUS place due to the words I would like to use, but I have to say I remember a joke that is not appropriate for the forums, but some of you may know it. It's about a guy who is driving and each time he sees a certain kind of person he runs them over, then he picks up a priest and sees another one of these people so he pretends to fall asleep and veer off the road he hears a thump and he is glad, then the priest says you almost missed him so I hit him with the door. I would like to sub the protesters in for those speed bumps.

Then I would be sharing a cell as well.

If it doesnt make sense....
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

I found a link http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice...itary-funerals

How do you all feel our high court will rule????
    Is it counter-productive to hate, a hate group?
    Now I know nothing about baptists, spent 16 years as a RC.
    But do you all have a leader like we have the Pope?
    What does the NORMAL Baptists feel?
    Is this just like the normal Muslim and the murdering terror extremist?
    This pastor, I feel is very very very wrong.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin