The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the first miner out!

Banned

Default the first miner out!

what true heroic drama live for us all to see.

wow.

you beat me to it....

An absolute wonderful day for Chile, for the U.S. team that did the engineering and drilling, and most importantly for those that are traped and their families....

hip-hip-hoora!!!!!!!!!

NCA

Here's a live video feed of the rescue: http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/22309266 It's edited and there's numerous cameras/angles (i.e. it's not a single fixed camera).

They just pulled another guy out. How incredible.

I remember years ago when the Russian sub sank and there was a world-wide race to rescue the crew. I just knew they'd be resecued and in the end it didn't work out. The miner rescue, happily, had a far better ending.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

From what i understand it was us big bad americans that helped out the most. that was with every aspect of the rescue . But im sure some out there will say we did abad job or it took to long.

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    From what i understand it was us big bad americans that helped out the most. that was with every aspect of the rescue . But im sure some out there will say we did abad job or it took to long.

Don't be so negative. The coverage I've seen is all smiling miners and happy families, thanking everyone involved for getting their men out safely. It makes me damn proud and happy to know we played a major role in their safe return. Seeing their families' expressions is all the thanks needed.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

The live feed is still on and even nicer/more interesting now. They've got a camera and microphone down in the cave where they're loading the guys into the tube thingy.

After all this is over Chile should recoup some of the costs by offering adventure tourists rides/tours down into the caves where the miners were trapped. I bet lots of folks would pay serious coin to do that.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    After all this is over Chile should recoup some of the costs by offering adventure tourists rides/tours down into the caves where the miners were trapped. I bet lots of folks would pay serious coin to do that.
    Maybe after the empty the latreen. Gotta be pretty pungent down there by now.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

It is a 24 hour feed on Univision and my wife has had it on most of the time. From what I've seen there are lots of crying children happy to see their fathers and lots of Chilean pride (they are celebrating 200 years as a nation). It's nice to see something like this work out....in a way, this is their Apollo 13. They have mentioned the US, our help and input on numerous occasions........we should get at least two or three days of good will out of it
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Don't be so negative. The coverage I've seen is all smiling miners and happy families, thanking everyone involved for getting their men out safely. It makes me damn proud and happy to know we played a major role in their safe return. Seeing their families' expressions is all the thanks needed.
    Not negative been flashing back from fox to msn and not one live msn oberman was more worryed about calling the right lunatics. Hannity is all over this rescue. Maddow is more worried about her exclusive not one word about the rescue. So do you really think that the left cares about this amazing rescue . I think not . YOU HAVE A NICE NIGHT REMEMBER NOV. SECOND IS COMING!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Not negative been flashing back from fox to msn and not one live msn oberman was more worryed about calling the right lunatics. Hannity is all over this rescue. Maddow is more worried about her exclusive not one word about the rescue. So do you really think that the left cares about this amazing rescue . I think not . YOU HAVE A NICE NIGHT REMEMBER NOV. SECOND IS COMING!!!!!!
    I had trouble following you. This has nothing to do with left/right, other than those who would politicize anything under the sun. I gather you're not happy with news coverage about the miner rescue. I've been following CNN mostly for this, and that's where I learned about America's involvement. The reports I've seen are of Chilean national pride, rejoice, and gratitude. We can allow them that, even if we helped, can't we?

Being the best and brightest country in the world is only made BETTER when we can help those less fortunate that us, like in this case. We don't need to flaunt it. I can only imagine the joy that those miners' wives, children, and siblings are feeling right now. God bless them, and ALL who were involved in saving them.