The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A Dichotomy of Opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    But, once again, you are looking at ROI per month, not ROI per person. We know absolutely that they are not the same.

Yes, but when we did the project we were comparing SS to various other ways of investing the same amount of money. SS lost big time.

Now the important question for you.

How are mommy and puppy doing?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I know that...deppity is soooo against health insurance but loves SS, which runs on the same principles as insurance that he despises...Go figure.

Glad to know you are talking to me again though!
    The problem with Health insurance is that you can pay into it for most of a lifetime, and become disqualified to receive any benefits when you need them. Social Security is a guaranteed benefit that has never missed a payment. Your trying to compare them is not valid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post

Social security is nothing more than generational sodomy. It's as bankrupt as Harrisburg, PA.

We live in Cuba now.
    Well that's an new analogy... Can't say it makes much sense, but it sounds cute.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Yes, but when we did the project we were comparing SS to various other ways of investing the same amount of money. SS lost big time.

Now the important question for you.

How are mommy and puppy doing?
    Both mom and pup are doing beautifully. The pup weighed in at 26-27 ounces this morning - 3 1/2 days. That is almost twice the size of average pups at that age (assuming 9-10 pup litters, and about 5 ounces heavier than the biggest pup I have ever had at a similar age. However, she is still skinny and a wiry, squirming mass of muscle. When the vet removed her dew claws yesterday, they needed a third person to help hold. I'm going to have to have a special leather suit and mask made up for her, because she certainly acts like a dominatrix in the making.