The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: EPA could wreck your car with new Corn oil ruling

Default EPA could wreck your car with new Corn oil ruling

The consequences of government meddling and only the direct problems. Article doesn't even talk about the indirect consequences that our use of ethanol has already caused, and those will only increase.
    Wonder how the global-warmist feel about the EPA allowing the increase of greenhouse gas emissions? Seems a little contradicting with the recent EPA mandate on MPGs.
    Another reason to support your local Ethanol-FREE gas stations. I don't mind paying a little extra to protect my truck, get better mileage (aka better energy efficiency) and support the E-Free gas stations!
    What do you think?

http://www.rodale.com/corn-ethanol?c...14-_-Top5-_-NA

A new EPA decision could lead to engine damage, more pollution, and more dependence on GMO crops.
    On Wednesday, EPA Assistant Administrator for Air and Radiation, Gina McCarthy, announced at a press conference that the agency has approved a waiver, sought by corn lobbyists and an ethanol-industry group called Growth Energy, for gasoline to contain 15 percent ethanol (also referred to E15 gasoline). Currently, the blends sold in most gas stations contain 10 percent and are labeled E10.
    "We're incredibly disappointed that the Obama administration will raise the amount of corn ethanol in the vehicle fleet," says Ben Schreiber, climate and energy tax analyst at Friends of the Earth, an environmental nonprofit that has been studying the dangers of ethanol for a few years. "As more and more research is being done on biofuels, biofuels are looking worse and worse," he adds.
    Then there's the simple issue of automobile owners unknowingly putting the wrong blends into their car, and finding themselves with a huge auto-repair bill. Not to mention the additional air pollution. "The environmental impact of ethanol actually worsens if you're using E15 in vehicles or other engines that really shouldn't be running on it," he says
    Here are a few ways to keep E15 from gumming up your engine without realizing it:

• Know what you're getting every time you fill up. Next time you fill up, pay attention to what's on the pump. Most states require gas stations to display signs that indicate the level of ethanol and you might see a label that says something like "Contains up to 10% ethanol." If you get into the habit of checking with each fill-up, you'll be more likely to notice when the percentage increases and alter your fuel needs accordingly.

• Find ethanol-free gas. It's rare, but every once in a while you can find a gas station selling 100 percent gasoline that contains 0 percent ethanol. You're still relying on fossil fuels, but it's likely your car will get better gas mileage; ethanol has 30 percent less energy than gasoline, and therefore your car gets worse gas mileage when you use it—kind of like the way high-fructose corn syrup slows you down when you fill up on junk food.

Seafoam does it's magic by acting as an upper cylinder lubricant replinishing oils stripped away by the ethanol and also it has the same effect of higher octane gas by preventing pre-detonation. Ethanol burns alot hotter than gasoline and produces 18% less power per unit. Pre-detonation destroys engines. It seems like seafoam is just the way to go. Ethanol also reacts havoc on rubber parts and hoses rated for gasoline by stripping away the lubricants in gasoline that these hoses use to keep from drying out. I will be using it from now on in my tank. Another great product I use in my truck which is basically the same thing is Lucas Oil upper cylinder lubricant. Hope this info helps people from tearing their engines up over some EPA, Big Brother BS.

Also, anyone notice the price per gallon lately? Around here it is $2.70 per gallon. With the Obama Administration holding up new drilling permits in shallow water, we are going to have to increase the import of Arab oil or pay upwards of $3. per gallon within the next 60 days.

www.pure-gas.org
    has a listing of ethanol free gas in your area
    Last edited by Franco; 10-14-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

CUMMINS DIESEL......

I could throw pea gravel in my tank and she would DAMN near run on it....lol

SCREW GAS...won't ever go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Seafoam does it's magic by acting as an upper cylinder lubricant replinishing oils stripped away by the ethanol and also it has the same effect of higher octane gas by preventing pre-detonation. Ethanol burns alot hotter than gasoline and produces 18% less power per unit. Pre-detonation destroys engines. It seems like seafoam is just the way to go. Ethanol also reacts havoc on rubber parts and hoses rated for gasoline by stripping away the lubricants in gasoline that these hoses use to keep from drying out. I will be using it from now on in my tank. Another great product I use in my truck which is basically the same thing is Lucas Oil upper cylinder lubricant. Hope this info helps people from tearing their engines up over some EPA, Big Brother BS.

Also, anyone notice the price per gallon lately? Around here it is $2.70 per gallon. With the Obama Administration holding up new drilling permits in shallow water, we are going to have to increase the import of Arab oil or pay upwards of $3. per gallon within the next 60 days.

www.pure-gas.org
    has a listing of ethanol free gas in your area
    Think about the price per gallon when you consider putting seafoam in every tank also. Look into Startron. I have been told by many outboard mechanics (who are making a ton of cash off of ethanol related problems) that Startron is the best stuff out there to prevent ethanol problems.

I don't know how accurate your website is...There are a lot of gas stations listed for NC, but NC passed a law this year making it illegal for any gas station in NC to sell ethanol free gas. It has already caused trouble with my boat.