The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Political Campaign ads

Banned

Default Political Campaign ads

Is anyone else tired of hearing all the negative campaign ads the politicians are spewing out on television? Used to be politicians told us what they stood for and what they would do if elected. Now all I hear is what the "other guy/gal" said or did. When the comercials come on I just hit the mute button until the programing resumes.

It doesn't make a difference if the political ads are Democrats or Republicans I just hate all the badmouthing. I want to know how the politicians running for office can help our Country not what the "other guy/gal" can do to destroy our Country.

If someone chooses to spend thier money telling me what is wrong with the other guy/gal, rather than telling me what they are going to do, it is OK with me.
    Last edited by subroc; 10-15-2010 at 09:13 AM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I don't have a problem with negative ads as long as they are truthful. I see nothing wrong with pointing out the voting record of someone in a district that oposes what the person voted for. I have a huge problenm with someone taking a quote out of context and attempting to use it to their advantage. Think about the cut and paste job by that left wing nut in Florida. Gray (something) who tried to change a statement 180 degrees.
    He should be charged with defemation of character and whatever else can be thrown at him.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Roger,

I am with you. I have gotten sick of the mud slinging ads. Both sides are skewing the truth so badly, that the only think you can do is disregard what they say, and research the candidates for yourself. Of course, that what you should be doing anyway, but most people don't bother to put in that much effort. Frankly, I'm a little disguested with the entire political process right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I want to know how the politicians running for office can help our Country not what the "other guy/gal" can do to destroy our Country.
    They don't talk about what they are going to do for our country because they know they're not going to do anything.

This was predictably going to be very negative campaign season. The dems "hope and change" hasn't come to be, so they can't run on their "positive record".....while the repubicans have done NOTHING but say "no" to everything...even things they themselves supported recently, so they have nothing positive to run on. That leaves us with the "they're worse than us" type of campaign.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I don't have a problem with negative ads as long as they are truthful. I see nothing wrong with pointing out the voting record of someone in a district that oposes what the person voted for. I have a huge problenm with someone taking a quote out of context and attempting to use it to their advantage. Think about the cut and paste job by that left wing nut in Florida. Gray (something) who tried to change a statement 180 degrees.
    He should be charged with defemation of character and whatever else can be thrown at him.
    I don't recall any left wing nut in Florida named Gray

I said Gray(something) I think it is Grayson. YOu know the die early guy. He took a statement from his opposition and clipped it from don't use "........" to "........".
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I said Gray(something) I think it is Grayson. YOu know the die early guy. He took a statement from his opposition and clipped it from don't use "........" to "........".
    Alan Grayson

"Die Quickly!!"

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...e+quickly&aq=3

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

What a tool.