The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC vote republican but get counted as dem

Default NC vote republican but get counted as dem

LOng story short. Republican votes were given to the Dems.

Some experience early voting woes

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 5:48 PM EDT Updated: Oct 15, 2010 5:52 PM EDT
    Click image to enlarge

By Gavin Johnson - bio |email
    NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WECT) - The first day of early voting in New Hanover County ended with Board of Election members calling an emergency meeting.
    Some people complained that when they voted for certain candidates the electronic voting machines would pick another candidate.
    "I was going through county commissioners and made my selection, it went from Republican candidates to Democrat. It did it three different times," said Dean Lambeth, Mayor of Kure Beach.
    According to Lambeth, he experienced the same issue when he voted for the congressional race.
    "We talked with a technician and said it could have been an interruption in power or it could have been a calibration that wasn't saved," said Bonnie Williams, Board of Elections Supervisor.
    Williams says the problem has been fixed and no votes were compromised.
    During the emergency meeting Thursday night, board of election members didn't seem to take the voting problems seriously, according to Lambeth.
    "The right to vote is one of the most important rights citizens have. A lot of people have made supreme sacrifices for that," said Lambeth.
    "I don't know how to really respond to that," said Williams. "My board members take every election very serious."
    Williams said voters and precinct workers did a good job of spotting the problems early before it became a big issue.
    We called board of elections in other counties to see how the first day of early voting went, there were some problems, but nothing like what happened in New Hanover County.
    Copyright 2010 WECT. All rights reserved.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

democrarts have no shame when it comes to rigging elections
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Lyndon Johnson has taught them well. The dead in Uvalde County are still voting when needed.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Maybe they took a play out of the Republican playbook

Why Usability Testing Matters --
    Palm Beach County Ballot Design Raises Questions about Election 2000

08 Nov 2000; Dennis G. JerzThe result of the 2000 U.S. Presidential race was so close that some Democratic Party officials argue that one Florida county's hard-to-use ballot may have unfairly decided the presidency.
    Critics argue that some voters in Palm Beach County, Fla. might have accidentally voted for Reform Party candidate Pat Buchanan, when they thought they were voting for Al Gore. The Democrats are listed second in the left column; but punching a hole in the second circle actually cast a vote for Buchanan.

Image of the Palm Beach County election ballot (first published in the Orlando Sun-Sentinel)

November 7th- Election Day
    November 8th Early morning decision first in Bush's favor and then too close to count
    November 9th- Results from Florida show George Bush lead to be 1,784- thus automatically triggering a machine recount
    November 10th First recount shows George Bush ahead by 327 without counting absentee ballots. The Democrats request manual recounts in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Voulusia Counties
    November 11th- Palm Beach announces it will recount- Bush goes to federal court to bar the recount.
    http://www.historycentral.com/electi...00recount.html

2,912,790 - George Bush
    2,912,253 - Al Gore
    97,488 - Ralph Nader
    17,484 - Pat Buchanan
    16,407 - Browne
    2,281 - Hagelin
    1,804 - Morehead votes
    1,371 - Phillips
    622 - McReynolds
    562 - Harris
    34 - Chote
    6 - McCarthy

All you righties cry when something doesn't go your way. Florida law requires a recount when the votes are close. The Republicans had to go to Federal Court to stop a recount on a ballot that was designed by a Republican in charge of the desigining of the ballot. Go figure.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 10-17-2010 at 09:06 AM.

Are you seriously suggesting that all such problems are the product of conspiracy and that Democrats are responsible? The potential problems with electronic voting machines have been known from the beginning and have been at the heart of demands for hard copy records of votes. There have been numerous documented cases throughout the country with effects that have benefited both Democrats and Republicans. The most notorious was the Palm County ballot noted by Roger. That ballot was implemented by an election board dominated by Democrats (Roger says the design was by a Republican and he may be right) and was directly responsible for the election of Bush in 2000.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 10-17-2010 at 09:19 AM.

In this thread here, post #1 is a great example of what happens when smart, or at least “Average” people vote.
    Post #4 is what happens when stupid people vote.
    I remember that clearly and when I first saw that ballot on the news could not figure out the problem.
    Each circle clearly has an arrow from the name pointing to it.
    At my polling place, local grade school. They have a bake sale and I like to chat with folk and stock up on cake.
    Some folk, like me, can tell you exactly whom they just voted for, and more importantly why.
    Others come out glassy eyed and clueless.
    Voting should require some sort of aptitude test.
    But then again so should having children, in my opinion.
    Whenever ANYONE claims that that ballot and the entire Florida hanging chad fiasco are directly responsible
    For an election outcome. I like to remind, no, it is stupid voters that are responsible.
    And BTW, I was happy with the results of that election.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Maybe they took a play out of the Republican playbook

Why Usability Testing Matters --
    Palm Beach County Ballot Design Raises Questions about Election 2000

08 Nov 2000; Dennis G. JerzThe result of the 2000 U.S. Presidential race was so close that some Democratic Party officials argue that one Florida county's hard-to-use ballot may have unfairly decided the presidency.
    Critics argue that some voters in Palm Beach County, Fla. might have accidentally voted for Reform Party candidate Pat Buchanan, when they thought they were voting for Al Gore. The Democrats are listed second in the left column; but punching a hole in the second circle actually cast a vote for Buchanan.

Image of the Palm Beach County election ballot (first published in the Orlando Sun-Sentinel)

November 7th- Election Day
    November 8th Early morning decision first in Bush's favor and then too close to count
    November 9th- Results from Florida show George Bush lead to be 1,784- thus automatically triggering a machine recount
    November 10th First recount shows George Bush ahead by 327 without counting absentee ballots. The Democrats request manual recounts in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Voulusia Counties
    November 11th- Palm Beach announces it will recount- Bush goes to federal court to bar the recount.
    http://www.historycentral.com/electi...00recount.html

2,912,790 - George Bush
    2,912,253 - Al Gore
    97,488 - Ralph Nader
    17,484 - Pat Buchanan
    16,407 - Browne
    2,281 - Hagelin
    1,804 - Morehead votes
    1,371 - Phillips
    622 - McReynolds
    562 - Harris
    34 - Chote
    6 - McCarthy

All you righties cry when something doesn't go your way. Florida law requires a recount when the votes are close. The Republicans had to go to Federal Court to stop a recount on a ballot that was designed by a Republican in charge of the desigining of the ballot. Go figure.
    What is so difficult about the ballot? Looks pretty straightforward. Follow the arrow.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

There is a huge difference between people being too stupid to follow an arrow vs someone who checks the correct box and the machine gives the vote to another candidate.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    In this thread here, post #1 is a great example of what happens when smart, or at least “Average” people vote.
    Post #4 is what happens when stupid people vote.
    I remember that clearly and when I first saw that ballot on the news could not figure out the problem.
    Each circle clearly has an arrow from the name pointing to it.
    At my polling place, local grade school. They have a bake sale and I like to chat with folk and stock up on cake.
    Some folk, like me, can tell you exactly whom they just voted for, and more importantly why.
    Others come out glassy eyed and clueless.
    Voting should require some sort of aptitude test.
    But then again so should having children, in my opinion.
    Whenever ANYONE claims that that ballot and the entire Florida hanging chad fiasco are directly responsible
    For an election outcome. I like to remind, no, it is stupid voters that are responsible.
    And BTW, I was happy with the results of that election.

Ken I usually agree with what you post here. Or at least get a laugh out of it. But really... what does the intelligence level of the voter have to do with software malfunction in a machine? Since 2000 election machines have become increasingly widespread across America. In every election there is validated proof of malfunction, either accidental or deliberate. Does it turn elections? Of course it does. Does as fraud has turned elections long before electronic voting.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    There is a huge difference between people being too stupid to follow an arrow vs someone who checks the correct box and the machine gives the vote to another candidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Ken I usually agree with what you post here. Or at least get a laugh out of it. But really... what does the intelligence level of the voter have to do with software malfunction in a machine? Since 2000 election machines have become increasingly widespread across America. In every election there is validated proof of malfunction, either accidental or deliberate. Does it turn elections? Of course it does. Does as fraud has turned elections long before electronic voting.
    The point I was making was that those smart voters like Dean Lambeth mentioned knew who they wanted to vote for and immediately noticed on the E-vote screen and immediately notified the election official on site. He not only knew how to vote but who he wanted to vote for. A smart voter.
    And the thousands of Floridian Democrats who could not follow an arrow, not smart voters.
    One each a perfect example.
    I like my states use of paper ballot we darken an oval with a marker next to a name.
    It is then feed into an electronic counter for semi-instant counting and the paper ballot is saved.
    We think it is the best of both worlds
    How does your polling place do it where you vote?

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin