The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NC vote republican but get counted as dem

I like my states use of paper ballot we darken an oval with a marker next to a name.
    It is then feed into an electronic counter for semi-instant counting and the paper ballot is saved.

Our Precinct does the same. In fact a copy of the ballot is available on line so you can check it out before you go.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    In this thread here, post #1 is a great example of what happens when smart, or at least “Average” people vote.
    Post #4 is what happens when stupid people vote.
    I remember that clearly and when I first saw that ballot on the news could not figure out the problem.
    Each circle clearly has an arrow from the name pointing to it.
    At my polling place, local grade school. They have a bake sale and I like to chat with folk and stock up on cake.
    Some folk, like me, can tell you exactly whom they just voted for, and more importantly why.
    Others come out glassy eyed and clueless.
    Voting should require some sort of aptitude test.
    But then again so should having children, in my opinion.
    Whenever ANYONE claims that that ballot and the entire Florida hanging chad fiasco are directly responsible
    For an election outcome. I like to remind, no, it is stupid voters that are responsible.
    And BTW, I was happy with the results of that election.

It also helps that the secretary of state was a republican and Katherine Harris had been the co-chair of George W. Bush's Florida election campaign. it certainly didn't hurt that the Governor was one of the candidates brother

Only much later did someone discover that Database Technologies had scrubbed 57,700 legal voters off the Florida rolls, most of whom would have probably voted for Gore. At least 8,000 of those disenfranchised voters came from a list of Texas felons provided by ChoicePoint Inc. -- except that those people had actually only committed misdemeanors and not felonies. Thus, they had been improperly barred from casting their ballots. A spokesman for ChoicePoint ultimately admitted, "I guess that's a little bit embarrassing in light of the election." What's more, ChoicePoint had contributed large amounts of money to Republican candidates in 2000, leading to the observation that the company's error coincidentally benefited its partisan leanings. But that hardly surprised anyone.
    http://www.nndb.com/people/067/000038950/

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    It also helps that the secretary of state was a republican and Katherine Harris had been the co-chair of George W. Bush's Florida election campaign. it certainly didn't hurt that the Governor was one of the candidates brother

Only much later did someone discover that Database Technologies had scrubbed 57,700 legal voters off the Florida rolls, most of whom would have probably voted for Gore. At least 8,000 of those disenfranchised voters came from a list of Texas felons provided by ChoicePoint Inc. -- except that those people had actually only committed misdemeanors and not felonies. Thus, they had been improperly barred from casting their ballots. A spokesman for ChoicePoint ultimately admitted, "I guess that's a little bit embarrassing in light of the election." What's more, ChoicePoint had contributed large amounts of money to Republican candidates in 2000, leading to the observation that the company's error coincidentally benefited its partisan leanings. But that hardly surprised anyone.
    Really??
    How do you know this???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Democrats have been complaining about this problem since electronic voting machines came into use.

I guess now it's a problem...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Really??
    How do you know this???

RK
    Originally Posted by Roger Perry

Really??
    How do you know this???

How do I know what, that most of the people that had misdemeanors that were not allowed to vote would have voted for Gore? Well, no "self-respecting" republican would ever go to jail would they?

How about the Illinois Governor race with Rich Whitney?

News
    "Rich Whitey" Instead of Whitney on Ballots

Posted October 15, 2010 9:55 PM. "Rich Whitey" isn't a great name for a politician to have. Unfortunately for Illinois gubernatorial candidate Rich Whitney, his last name has been mispelled "Whitey" on voting machines in some African-American wards, election officials said.

And the problem cannot be corrected by Election Day, Nov. 2, they said.

Whitney, a Carbondale, Ill., civil rights attorney running as the Illinois Green Party nominee, said he might take legal action to force a fix.

Read more: http://www.thirdage.com/news/rich-wh...#ixzz12jHyP6VP
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

Yup, those Democrats never win a fair election.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/10/18/31130.htm

Workers Say Boss Gave Them Marked Ballots
    By TRACEY DALZELL WALSH

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (CN) - Five black employees of Birmingham-based Altec Industries say the company owner told them to vote Republican, and gave them pre-marked ballots during a visit by Sen. Jeff Sessions. The workers add, in separate federal complaints, that when Barack Obama was elected president, "an employee drew cross hairs or a target on a picture of President Obama and posted it in the workplace."
    In their discrimination complaints, all five employees claim they were "subjected to different terms and conditions of employment because of their race," including denial of promotions and training. They say they were given a different dress code than white workers and denied breaks that white employees enjoyed.
    On its company website, Altec describes itself as "a leading provider of products and services to the electric utility, telecommunications and contractor markets. We provide products and services in over 100 countries throughout the world."
    Plaintiff Australia Harris claims that "In or around October 2008, Senator Jeff Sessions came to the facility where plaintiff was employed and talked to the employees about voting Republican. Plaintiff and other employees were informed they had to attend the rally with Senator Sessions. In addition, the owner of the company informed the employees they should vote Republican and gave the employees pre-marked ballots."
    Harris claims that when he wore an Obama shirt after the presidential election, a white co-worker told him to "take that damn shirt off." He says the co-worker told him that the "O" on his shirt "was the perfect circle for a cross hair. I can reach you from 500 yards away," and added, "I'm not kidding."
    Plaintiff Charles Nelson says Altec did not stop white employees from wearing "racially offensive" Confederate flag insignia on their clothing, but he says Altec "condoned and tolerated the racial harassment" and "has a habit and/or practice of discrimination against African Americans."
    After complaining about the discrimination, Miracle Walters, Shantavia Brown, Derrick McDaniel and Nelson say they were all fired due to "downsizing," and some were not allowed to return to their offices to collect personal belongings.
    Harris says he was not fired, but was given a more demanding job after his complaints.
    The plaintiffs seek lost wages and punitive damages for racial discrimination, retaliation, hostile workplace, and emotional distress.
    They are represented by Cynthia Forman Wilkinson of Birmingham.
    Last edited by Buzz; 10-18-2010 at 12:48 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)