The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An Analysis of Hate

Banned

Default An Analysis of Hate

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/17/op...h.html?_r=1&hp

Dana Milbank, a Washington Post columnist who has written a new book on Beck, has been tracking the case of Byron Williams, a bank robber on parole who injured two California Highway Patrol officers in a July shootout. Williams was out to start a revolution, his mother said, because “Congress was railroading through all these left-wing agenda items.” But instead of picking Congress as his target, Williams was gunning for progressives closer to home, at the Tides Foundation and A.C.L.U. in San Francisco. The Tides Foundation? It’s an obscure nonprofit whose agenda includes education and AIDS prevention. But it’s not obscure to Beck fans, who heard him single it out for vilification 29 times in the 18 months before Williams grabbed his gun.

It is a left wing money laundering machine.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/17/op...h.html?_r=1&hp

Dana Milbank, a Washington Post columnist who has written a new book on Beck, has been tracking the case of Byron Williams, a bank robber on parole who injured two California Highway Patrol officers in a July shootout. Williams was out to start a revolution, his mother said, because “Congress was railroading through all these left-wing agenda items.” But instead of picking Congress as his target, Williams was gunning for progressives closer to home, at the Tides Foundation and A.C.L.U. in San Francisco. The Tides Foundation? It’s an obscure nonprofit whose agenda includes education and AIDS prevention. But it’s not obscure to Beck fans, who heard him single it out for vilification 29 times in the 18 months before Williams grabbed his gun.
    http://www.tides.org/

If you like social justice, these are your guys!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Blame it on global warming. It is the “heat hypothesis.”
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I think it's easier to make a case that Beck is a Nazi looking to reestablish a "fifth reich" that will place "progeessives" in concentration camps before implementing a "final solution" than it is to show the Tide Foundation as the heart of some international conspiracy.

How is it a "left wing money laundering machine"? More importantly, why is a money laundering machine needed? That's a question that might better be directed at Rove's little "Crossroads" experiment raising over $100 million to support attack ads in elections throughout the country.

What's wrong with "social justice"? Christ preached social justice and our founding fathers based the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution on notions of social justice and inalienable individual rights (not corporate ones, as corporations as a necessary evil). More impoartantly what is wrong with supporting things like Gulf Coast relief, aid to the victims of floods in Pakistan, or even assisting non-profits to operate more efficiently to get better value from their funds?

Seven people were shot in the Knoxville TN church that helped found the church in which I grew up. They were shot during a youth performance by a man who believed that the church's "liberalism" had contributed to the breakup of his family. One can dismiss his actions as those of a lone crazy man, but the fact is that repeated hate speech by mercenary idiots like Beck is encouraging hate and giving it a legitimacy that undermines the stability of the country that our forefathers fought to create. Hate mongers, whether the wear the uniforms of the Black Panthers or red, white and blue, deserve to be treated with all the respect we would normally give to Nazis -- they are both selling the same drug.

It is a money laundering operation for the left.
    Pakastan can take care of themselves. I don't work to have my money given to someone in a foreign country or even a goof off in this one. I work to eearn money for me and my family not the liberal bs

Social justice is a bunch of crap.
    Get off your ass and work for something.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    It is a money laundering operation for the left.
    Pakastan can take care of themselves. I don't work to have my money given to someone in a foreign country or even a goof off in this one. I work to eearn money for me and my family not the liberal bs
    The blessings of charity are that you are free to give or not give. I am constantly amazed at the "stupid" things people give to as charities. The solution is simple. I don't contribute to them. That is different from choosing not to be charitable at all. I come from a background that ranks compassion and charity as among our important moral imperatives. While we each go though periods of different levels of affluence or poverty during our lives, our capacity to see beyond ourselves and to help others through periods of difficulty is what makes society possible.

Social justice is a bunch of crap.
    Get off your ass and work for something.
    If your working statement is directed at me personally, the answer is that I have and I do. As for social justice, you could say it dates back at least as far as when Moses told the Pharaoh, "Let my people go." Leviticus is filled with rules of social justice, even if the issues addressed may be less relevant today. Jesus based his teachings firmly on notions of radical social justice. Centuries before Christ, Buddha taught principles of social justice. In the 19th century, the Catholic Church, by Papal encyclical, made social justice a core principle of the Church (See Rerum Novarum, Pope Leo VIII, 5/15/1891). Glen Beck can say what he wants (our Constitution grants that right even to fools and vicious hate mongers), but social justice is not a synonym for Communism and is a foundation for every stable society.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

If your working statement is directed at me personally, .

No, it wasn't directed at you personally.
    It was a statement that I should not be forced by the gov't to pay for anyone else. It was meant as a general "you" in reference to those that live off of the backs of others.
    It should be my choice to give as "I choose" to causes "I" support, whether it be through cash or donating time and skills.
    Uh, why the religious references? I thought you were an aethiast?

No, it wasn't directed at you personally.
    It was a statement that I should not be forced by the gov't to pay for anyone else. It was meant as a general "you" in reference to those that live off of the backs of others.
    It should be my choice to give as "I choose" to causes "I" support, whether it be through cash or donating time and skills.
    Uh, why the religious references? I thought you were an aethiast?
    I have always tried to be clear that I tend to respect all religions and philosophies insofar as they are attempting to explore the ways we we live as moral beings. The fact that I don't believe in God is why I am not a "believer", but the moral questions are still there whether one believes in a deity or not and wisdom exists whether its source is a deity or a man.

BTW, I wanted to refuse to allow any of my taxes to go to funding the war in Iraq (and the war in Vietnam before that) but the courts ruled that I don't get to choose.