The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: An Analysis of Hate

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    i love this country and i'll be damned if i'll be lectured by anyone about how being concerned for my fellow citizens well-being and caring enough to help provide some basic necessities to them is un-american. or that taxation for the purpose of maintaining the form of government that makes all this possible is "stealing". especially a non-citizen.-Paul
    Ummm...that was kind of my point. If she was lecturing on the joys of liberal progressivism you and Buzz wouldn't say boo about her citizenship.

BTW, in the past you have thrown yourself on the ground shrieking in anguish because you perceived that some lefties here had their patriotism questioned, and in the above post you define was is and is not "un-american" (sic) for the rest of us. You don't see some inconsistency there?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Ummm...that was kind of my point. If she was lecturing on the joys of liberal progressivism you and Buzz wouldn't say boo about her citizenship.

BTW, in the past you have thrown yourself on the ground shrieking in anguish because you perceived that some lefties here had their patriotism questioned, and in the above post you define was is and is not "un-american" (sic) for the rest of us. You don't see some inconsistency there?
    I try not to question anyone's patriotism (although I may question their understanding of American history). However, I'm not sure that patriotism enters into the picture when talking to a citizen of another country. If luvmylabs23139 has chosen to remain an expatriate citizen of the UK through decades of residency in America, I have to assume that her patriotic loyalties lie with her country of citizenship and that her observations on America are those of a "foreigner". I still don't question her rights to an opinion of her rights to express it. We remain one of the only countries in the world that applies civil rights protections without regard to citizenship in most cases, although a number here have stated their beliefs that non-citizens shouldn't be accorded any rights.

So, how 'bout them Yankees?

Peace Be Your Journey Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I still don't question her rights to an opinion of her rights to express it. We remain one of the only countries in the world that applies civil rights protections without regard to citizenship in most cases, although a number here have stated their beliefs that non-citizens shouldn't be accorded any rights.
    Another Yardley lie. Not one person on this board has said non-citizens should not be accorded ANY rights. Some said illegals should not have the same or all rights. There is a big difference and I would expect you to know the difference.
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Another Yardley lie. Not one person on this board has said non-citizens should not be accorded ANY rights. Some said illegals should not have the same or all rights. There is a big difference and I would expect you to know the difference.
    I don't have the energy nor desire to search the forums, but there have been numerous times when the rights of non-citizens were disregarded. Comments such as "so what?" come to mind. Perhaps those who commented to that effect can come forward. They certainly seemed devout in their convictions at the time.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I don't have the energy nor desire to search the forums, but there have been numerous times when the rights of non-citizens were disregarded. Comments such as "so what?" come to mind. Perhaps those who commented to that effect can come forward. They certainly seemed devout in their convictions at the time.
    I would suspect that was in regards to non citizens who broke the law...ie entering the country illegally, blowing sh*t up, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    So, how 'bout them Yankees?

Peace Be Your Journey Regards,

Joe S.
    Love it ..... at so many levels!

I try not to question anyone's patriotism (although I may question their understanding of American history). However, I'm not sure that patriotism enters into the picture when talking to a citizen of another country. If luvmylabs23139 has chosen to remain an expatriate citizen of the UK through decades of residency in America, I have to assume that her patriotic loyalties lie with her country of citizenship and that her observations on America are those of a "foreigner". I still don't question her rights to an opinion of her rights to express it. We remain one of the only countries in the world that applies civil rights protections without regard to citizenship in most cases, although a number here have stated their beliefs that non-citizens shouldn't be accorded any rights.
    My experience with 'legal' residents are the level of pride/patriotism vary by individual the day they receive the 'legal' status each showing some degree of satisfaction with the new status. Likewise, I have never witnessed an individual that lost completely their sense of pride/patriotism for their homeland even after becoming a 'naturalized' American citizen so it begs the question....at what point do you cease to view them as a "foreigner" when they have a view opposing yours?

luv is better versed, educated and shows more pride in the US then a significant portion of "Americans", yet because she is merely a 'legal resident', several of you use that status as a crutch to take shots at her. Personally....I wish she was black.....then we could use that as a crutch and take shots at you all for being 'racist'.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I don't have the energy nor desire to search the forums, but there have been numerous times when the rights of illegals (fixed it for ya....your crowd can't seem to distinguish between "legal" & "illegal") were disregarded. Comments such as "so what?" come to mind. Perhaps those who commented to that effect can come forward. They certainly seemed devout in their convictions at the time.
    Don't believe I've ever said "so what?" but, I certainly distinguish between the 'legal' and illegal' status. I find it VERY offensive when MY flag is flown upside down or walked on, assistance programs are used and abused by 'illegals' while our deficit soars. I am well aware the immigration answers are not simple but seeking only solutions involving political gain I find repulsive and to continually and conveniently fail to distinguish legal status, equally so.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Hmmmmmmm......sort of like a VAT??

Good idea!

RK
    VAT is actually different and something I would support as an alternative to corporate income taxes. I'm talking about something more like a user fee linked directly to intellectual property protections provided by the government. Of course, one would also need a fee related to maintaining defensive IP protections such as patents on technologies that are filed solely to prevent others from using technologies that might compete with a company.s products even when the company has no plan to use the technology covered by the patent. The rationale is that our government spends huge amounts of money and diplomatic effort protecting intellectual property rights while the benefits are strictly private.

VAT is actually different and something I would support as an alternative to corporate income taxes. I'm talking about something more like a user fee linked directly to intellectual property protections provided by the government. Of course, one would also need a fee related to maintaining defensive IP protections such as patents on technologies that are filed solely to prevent others from using technologies that might compete with a company.s products even when the company has no plan to use the technology covered by the patent. The rationale is that our government spends huge amounts of money and diplomatic effort protecting intellectual property rights while the benefits are strictly private.
    But don't stop there, pay as you go, for what you use!!
    Not just corporations, everybody!!

Great idea!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I actually think the idea of a VAT is a great idea the problem is I have a hard time believing that either set of parties would be willing to get rid of income taxes in favor of a VAT. It would just be an add on to what we currently pay.