The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Glenn Beck

  1. #1
    Senior Member Matt McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,682

    Default Glenn Beck

    I keep hearing people refer to Glenn Beck as a Nazi and I continually hear about his "hate speech". I don't listen to him very often, but I do occasionally put on his radio show when I'm in the truck or I have at times stopped to watch portions of his TV show. Am I missing something? Can someone give me some examples of his "hate speech"? I can understand that he might be a paranoid loony, but I haven't heard him say anything hateful. Then again, I was out of the country for the better part of this year, so I may have missed something.
    Matt McKenzie

    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

  2. #2
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,254

    Default

    I'm not a Beck fan but I don't get it either.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  3. #3
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Lefties need someone to hate. They choose to hate conservative talk show hosts. Espousing conservative policy or ideas, in the view of lefties, is considered hate speech.

    What lefties are really against is free speech
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  4. #4
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    I think Glenn Beck has a lot more in common with Goebbels than with Hitler, but that s because I don't think he actually believes most of the nonsense that spews from his mouth. Looking at current politicians, I would put him on the same level as President Abedinejad of Iran. All three engage in the propaganda technique known as the Big Lie -- the more outrageous the better -- repeated incessantly to label and demonize their "enemy". For Goebbels, it was Jews. For Abedinejad, it is Israel and the West. For Beck it is "progressives". His blackboard and his Glenn Beck university approach are designed to give an appearance of logic to the totally illogical. His conspiracies invariably point first to the dreaded devils, the progrssives, and the n move to his target of the moment: Soros, the Tide Foundation, Muslims, the ACLU, etc. Unfortunately, his words have an impact. At one end, he can turn John Bircher kooks into saints and best sellers, while at the other he can and does inspire even crazier people to go on shooting sprees. The fundamental differences is that I don't believe Glenn Beck does this because he is crazy or because he even believes what he says. I believe he does it because it would be hard to make $30 million per year by doing anything honest..

  5. #5
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,818

    Default

    Most of the people he targets deserve it. Liberals are destoying this country. at least someone points out their tangled web.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  6. #6
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    ...All three engage in the propaganda technique known as the Big Lie...
    yeh, I know what you mean, it is like the big lie that man is the cause of global warming.
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  7. #7
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Most of the people he targets deserve it. Liberals are destoying this country. at least someone points out their tangled web.
    The minute you say that such tactics are OK because the targets deserves it, you have said that ethics don't matter. This coutry was actually founded on the principle that it was more important to do things properly (e.g. democratically, with due process, without violating individual rights, etc.) than it was to do what was "right". Another way of saying that, which we used to state with pride, is that the ends do not justify the means.

    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    yeh, I know what you mean, it is like the big lie that man is the cause of global warming.
    There is no equivalency at all. You may not like the science, but the science is there. It has been openly stated, openly argued, subjected to lots of scrutiny, and withstood it well. Scrutiny and scientific challenges should continue, but attacks based on the fact that one simply doesn't like the answer is the tactic of Luddites.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    I keep hearing people refer to Glenn Beck as a Nazi and I continually hear about his "hate speech". I don't listen to him very often, but I do occasionally put on his radio show when I'm in the truck or I have at times stopped to watch portions of his TV show. Am I missing something? Can someone give me some examples of his "hate speech"? I can understand that he might be a paranoid loony, but I haven't heard him say anything hateful. Then again, I was out of the country for the better part of this year, so I may have missed something.
    Well here are a few examples:
    "I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong?"
    "The Glenn Beck Program," May 17, 2005

    "When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005

    "The only [Katrina victims] we're seeing on television are the scumbags." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005

    "I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today." –on why people who lost their homes in forest fires in California had it coming, "The Glenn Beck Program," Oct. 22, 2007

    "O-L-I-G-A-R-H-Y." –misspelling "oligarchy" on his chalk board while claiming he had deciphered a secret code that he said was proof President Obama was trying to create an "Oligarhy," Aug. 27, 2009, Glenn Beck show on FOX News

    On July 28, 2009, discussing President Obama, Glenn Beck said:
    “This president has exposed himself, I think, as a guy, over and over and over again, who has a deep-seated hatred for white people, or white culture.“
    Adding…
    “I’m saying he has a problem. He has a, this guy is, I believe, a racist.“

    On December 8, 2009, Glenn Beck said “I don’t hate women, they’re very convenient to have around [but they shouldn't vote].”

    Glenn Beck called Senator Mary Landrieu a “high class prostitute.” Later that day, speaking about Sen. Landrieu, Beck added to his earlier remarks “so we know you’re hookin’, but you’re just not cheap.” [12/23/09]

    esponding Gloria Steinem’s discussion of sexism in American politics, Glenn Beck said: “You self-centered, self-righteous, socialist, out-of-control, dangerous, man-hating bitch. Shut your mouth. We might have bought into this crap in the 1960s because too many people were doing LSD. We’re not on LSD anymore. You need to start making sense.” [5/3/08]

    Glenn Beck saying “Ugly people, if you’re a guy, you can get past it. I don’t think you can as an ugly woman.” Adding, “you’ve got a double-cross, because if you’re an ugly woman, you’re probably a progressive as well.” [2/14/08]

    Glenn Beck commenting on Hillary Clinton’s voice: “She’s the stereotypical bitch, you know what I mean?” [3/17/07]

    In 2006, Glenn Beck raised the specter of interment camps for Muslims “who have sat on their hands” and not “lined up to shoot the bad Muslims in the head.”

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    chiiirrrrrup,chiiirrrrup!

    darn crickets sure are noisy!
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  10. #10
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I think Glenn Beck has a lot more in common with Goebbels than with Hitler, but that s because I don't think he actually believes most of the nonsense that spews from his mouth. Looking at current politicians, I would put him on the same level as President Abedinejad of Iran. All three engage in the propaganda technique known as the Big Lie -- the more outrageous the better -- repeated incessantly to label and demonize their "enemy". For Goebbels, it was Jews. For Abedinejad, it is Israel and the West. For Beck it is "progressives". His blackboard and his Glenn Beck university approach are designed to give an appearance of logic to the totally illogical. His conspiracies invariably point first to the dreaded devils, the progrssives, and the n move to his target of the moment: Soros, the Tide Foundation, Muslims, the ACLU, etc. Unfortunately, his words have an impact. At one end, he can turn John Bircher kooks into saints and best sellers, while at the other he can and does inspire even crazier people to go on shooting sprees. The fundamental differences is that I don't believe Glenn Beck does this because he is crazy or because he even believes what he says. I believe he does it because it would be hard to make $30 million per year by doing anything honest..

    Could you enlighten us and explain these parallels??

    Or, are you just utilizing some "technique??"



    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •