The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Withdrawal in Iraq

Default Withdrawal in Iraq

NY Times http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/17/wo...ed=1&th&emc=th

Sunnis in Iraq Allied With U.S. Rejoin Rebels

The Awakening members’ switch in loyalties poses a new threat to Iraq’s tenuous social and political balance during the country’s ongoing political crisis and as the United States military prepares to withdraw next year.
    Awakening fighters say recent entreaties by Al Qaeda — messages that have been passed along by relatives or posted on Internet Web sites — have included pledges not to disrupt tribal traditions, one of the issues that drove a wedge between the majority of Sunni tribes and the insurgency.
    This withdrawal thing is going so well ... NOT!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Iraq was a lost cause from the beginning. I wouldn't waste another US soldier's life for that lousey country! Since they already hate us, why not confiscate thier oil fields until we get our treasure back and give every family that lost a soldier a couple millon dollars from Iraqi oil?
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Iraq was a lost cause from the beginning. I wouldn't waste another US soldier's life for that lousey country! Since they already hate us, why not confiscate thier oil fields until we get our treasure back and give every family that lost a soldier a couple millon dollars from Iraqi oil?
    Great idea! Especially since we were told that oil revenues would fund the majority of this war.

First, a million to each family who lost a loved one. Then divvy up the rest between everyone who filed and paid taxes during those years, on a pro-rata basis.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Then divvy up the rest between everyone who filed and paid taxes during those years, on a pro-rata basis.
    You know that will never work. The rich will get more money back because -gasp- they paid more...

Banned

Great idea! Especially since we were told that oil revenues would fund the majority of this war.

First, a million to each family who lost a loved one. Then divvy up the rest between everyone who filed and paid taxes during those years, on a pro-rata basis.
    You mean whomever said that lied What a shock!

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    You know that will never work. The rich will get more money back because -gasp- they paid more...

From Wiki:

Pro rata is an adverb or adjective, meaning in proportion.[1] The term is used in many legal and economic contexts. It is sometimes spelled pro-rata, but this is technically a misspelling of the Latin phrase. In North American English this term has been vernacularized to prorated.

That's what I was sayin....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

From Wiki:

Pro rata is an adverb or adjective, meaning in proportion.[1] The term is used in many legal and economic contexts. It is sometimes spelled pro-rata, but this is technically a misspelling of the Latin phrase. In North American English this term has been vernacularized to prorated.

That's what I was sayin....
    I understand what prorated means. My comment was [semi] in jest because if your plan went through, all you libs would be complaining because it is soooo unfair that the evil rich guys that don't need any more money would be getting more than the poor folks who really need it (but didn't pay it in the first place).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    NY Times http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/17/wo...ed=1&th&emc=th

Sunnis in Iraq Allied With U.S. Rejoin Rebels

This withdrawal thing is going so well ... NOT!
    Who gives a crap. So long as we leave.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I understand what prorated means. My comment was [semi] in jest because if your plan went through, all you libs would be complaining because it is soooo unfair that the evil rich guys that don't need any more money would be getting more than the poor folks who really need it (but didn't pay it in the first place).
    Not those of us who have money coming back!

(actually, I wasn't "elibigle" to pay taxes during most of the war) DOH!

Well why is it that as soon as they said we are out of there, my grandson gets deployed to Iraq !?!

Do you know who an Iraqi hates more than an American?
    "there is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance --- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    Herbert Spencer