The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No wonder they wear pink.

Amazing. Despite fining James Harrison $75,000 for an "illegal hit" that didn't even draw a flag by the field officials, the NFL has no problem profiting off of selling photos of the hit on its official web site. Only today, did they decide not to sell photos of illegal hits, and remove it from sale.

Also, fans are being asked to send one dollar each to pay the fine and voice protest against the NFL. Will be interesting to see how much accumulates.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I expect it may be impossible to take the danger and hard hitting away from football without significantly changing the game. After the safety genesis occurs, what emerges may or may not be worth watching. Only time will tell.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I watched the hit over and over and maybe it is the small crappy resolution but clearly looked like a helmet to helmet hit to me...Is it just the video?

the "art of an open field tackle" isnt being taught anymore, thanks to guys like Deion Sanders (who couldnt tackle a lick) but was good cheap shot artist and knew how to chip someone with a shoulder..Nowadays kids are being taught to strip the ball, not tackle, or to go for the big "Ronnie Lott oooohhh" hit..so what come of that are a bunch of head hunters that dont know anything else but to make themselves into a flying projectile so they can get their mug on ESPN top plays.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"